Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by corbomite
KE doesn't care about connecting passengers
Of course they do; one of the big selling points of ICN as your hub is its convenience for connecting passengers.

They just operate crappy lounges. See, e.g., ST lounge at LAX.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:38 pm

single- use bathrooms....

Last edited by Alan Cheng; Jan 24, 2018 at 4:46 pm
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by Aventine
LOL, then why is the KE and OZ lounge food so terrible? I think it's because they know Koreans won't really object to it and make a fuss.
For KE, people do object..... on their blogs and SNS that is. The fad up to last year was to eat at Matina or Sky Hub using the inbuilt PP cards that everyone seems to have then go relax in either the KE lounge if you had MP or were flying KE J, or the OZ lounge if otherwise.

OZ is a different matter, the food was passable 10 years ago but has gone really downhill since then due to cost-cutting measures.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Of course they do; one of the big selling points of ICN as your hub is its convenience for connecting passengers.

They just operate crappy lounges. See, e.g., ST lounge at LAX.
That's what they like to say and dream about, the reality is that ICN has now given up on all pretenses of being a connecting hub airport.

When ICN first opened the original plan called for a ATL-style terminal and multiple concourses for transit passengers. But now the vast majority of passengers are Koreans heading out for overseas vacations which coupled with the 2008 financial crisis totally threw all forecasts out of whack.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Has anyone checked out the Priority Pass lounges in T2 yet? How do they compare to KE's new lounges?

The priority pass website lists two of them so far:
  • Lounge L., located in the east wing near Gate 231 (I think this is the Lotte one?)
  • SPC Lounge, located in the west wing near Gate 268
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:34 pm

Some pictures I took of the Korean Air First Lounge. Overall very underwhelmed with their offerings, cheap alcohol and mediocre food. They were cooking some pastas to order, but that's about it.

zippy the pinhead likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:55 pm

Thanks for the pics!
Food doesnt seem so bad but quite a far cry from other airlines F hub lounges.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:22 pm

How many showers do they have in the prestige lounge? I was so hoping for a shower in between connections
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The food looks like it belongs to C than F. It is what it is
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:01 pm

Different lounges

Will be flying through icn with about a 4 hour layover both flights on Korean in first, will I be able to get to a different lounge in another terminal or am I restricted to terminal 2?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rezy
Will be flying through icn with about a 4 hour layover both flights on Korean in first, will I be able to get to a different lounge in another terminal or am I restricted to terminal 2?
Terminal 2 is for everything KE. Maybe if you have status in some other program for Terminal 1? I'd just make do with the new one.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:48 pm

Oh and one more thing. The new KE First Class lounge (i.e. their brand new flagship lounge worldwide) only serves Prosecco, while many decent (i.e. other airlines') J lounges around the world serve Champagne.

It's like they gave up even before they started.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by stargold
Oh and one more thing. The new KE First Class lounge (i.e. their brand new flagship lounge worldwide) only serves Prosecco, while many decent (i.e. other airlines') J lounges around the world serve Champagne.

It's like they gave up even before they started.
The old F lounge also had prosecco - so no change there.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
I had a four hour layover at ICN-T2 yesterday, and I was quite pleased with the KE F lounge, although maybe it's just because I'm easy to please . I was connecting from NRT, on my way to SFO, and I tried to take advantage of all of the offerings in the lounge. In total, I spent about 2.5 hours there, and at any given moment I noticed between four and seven other people there. I never had to wait to use the single-person bathroom, and there was no wait when I wanted to use the shower. The shower was spacious, clean and had great waterflow, pretty much all that you could ask for in an airport shower. I found the chairs to be quite comfortable and relaxing, and I liked the elevated views of the terminal below. While I was seated, one of the lounge staffers came by with an a la carte menu of four different food options including linguine carbonara, seafood tagliolini, beef tagliata and chicken saltimbocca. I went with the seafood tagliolini and it was delicious.

Clearly a lot of people on FT are disappointed with the lounge's amenities, but it checked a lot of the boxes for me: Very centrally located, and close to the exit of the transfer security checkpoint. Clean, quiet, private, and no waits for the restroom and shower facilities. I found the food to be good, and not of poor quality. (As a side note, I had just had brunch on my NRT-ICN leg in F, and I knew that I had a ton of good food waiting for me in F on my ICN-SFO leg…so I really was trying not to eat a lot while in the lounge in order to be hungry for my flight home. With that in mind, I am curious what people would like to see in an F lounge that wasn’t available here.) My gate, 251, was only a four minute walk from the lounge, so that was easy too. There are two videos in the link below that I couldn't get uploaded to FlyerTalk. Enjoy!

Link to videos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bcl6InXzK7WKR2eD2

I’ll follow up with a another post reviewing the terminal.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LRMErnst
I had a four hour layover at ICN-T2 yesterday, and I was quite pleased with the KE F lounge, although maybe it's just because I'm easy to please . I was connecting from NRT, on my way to SFO, and I tried to take advantage of all of the offerings in the lounge. In total, I spent about 2.5 hours there, and at any given moment I noticed between four and seven other people there. I never had to wait to use the single-person bathroom, and there was no wait when I wanted to use the shower. The shower was spacious, clean and had great waterflow, pretty much all that you could ask for in an airport shower. I found the chairs to be quite comfortable and relaxing, and I liked the elevated views of the terminal below. While I was seated, one of the lounge staffers came by with an a la carte menu of four different food options including linguine carbonara, seafood tagliolini, beef tagliata and chicken saltimbocca. I went with the seafood tagliolini and it was delicious.

Clearly a lot of people on FT are disappointed with the lounge's amenities, but it checked a lot of the boxes for me: Very centrally located, and close to the exit of the transfer security checkpoint. Clean, quiet, private, and no waits for the restroom and shower facilities. I found the food to be good, and not of poor quality. (As a side note, I had just had brunch on my NRT-ICN leg in F, and I knew that I had a ton of good food waiting for me in F on my ICN-SFO leg…so I really was trying not to eat a lot while in the lounge in order to be hungry for my flight home. With that in mind, I am curious what people would like to see in an F lounge that wasn’t available here.) My gate, 251, was only a four minute walk from the lounge, so that was easy too. There are two videos in the link below that I couldn't get uploaded to FlyerTalk. Enjoy!

I’ll follow up with a another post reviewing the terminal.
Thanks for the photos and review!! This is what I've been waiting for, photos and video of everything to give a good idea of what the lounge is like. t-minus 76 days until I'll be there!

SaveSave
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kaskade916
Thanks for the photos and review!! This is what I've been waiting for, photos and video of everything to give a good idea of what the lounge is like. t-minus 76 days until I'll be there!SaveSave
The photos posted by Comp4K were the same as when I was there too, so I did not repost all of the dining area pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.