FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:30 pm
SFOrunner

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
I had a four hour layover at ICN-T2 yesterday, and I was quite pleased with the KE F lounge, although maybe it's just because I'm easy to please . I was connecting from NRT, on my way to SFO, and I tried to take advantage of all of the offerings in the lounge. In total, I spent about 2.5 hours there, and at any given moment I noticed between four and seven other people there. I never had to wait to use the single-person bathroom, and there was no wait when I wanted to use the shower. The shower was spacious, clean and had great waterflow, pretty much all that you could ask for in an airport shower. I found the chairs to be quite comfortable and relaxing, and I liked the elevated views of the terminal below. While I was seated, one of the lounge staffers came by with an a la carte menu of four different food options including linguine carbonara, seafood tagliolini, beef tagliata and chicken saltimbocca. I went with the seafood tagliolini and it was delicious.

Clearly a lot of people on FT are disappointed with the lounge's amenities, but it checked a lot of the boxes for me: Very centrally located, and close to the exit of the transfer security checkpoint. Clean, quiet, private, and no waits for the restroom and shower facilities. I found the food to be good, and not of poor quality. (As a side note, I had just had brunch on my NRT-ICN leg in F, and I knew that I had a ton of good food waiting for me in F on my ICN-SFO leg…so I really was trying not to eat a lot while in the lounge in order to be hungry for my flight home. With that in mind, I am curious what people would like to see in an F lounge that wasn’t available here.) My gate, 251, was only a four minute walk from the lounge, so that was easy too. There are two videos in the link below that I couldn't get uploaded to FlyerTalk. Enjoy!

Link to videos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bcl6InXzK7WKR2eD2

I’ll follow up with a another post reviewing the terminal.