Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: Skypass, IHG
I was transiting at ICN T2 the other day. Long walks between gates. The automatic walkways are far away from each other. Area in front of the luxury shops in the center does not have it, so everybody must walk there.

Lounges:
Lounge L - forget this one. It is hidden behind the transfer desk area with a window sign only. Small room, hot room, mediocre food with minimal selections. If someone has to pay to get in, I recommend the food court instead. There was a crying baby and a uncontrolled kid from a traveling family of 4 during my 5 minutes visit.

Matina - no sign on the departure level 3. Information kiosks do not give clear direction. Turned out it is across from the food court. Access is via the 2 bridges at level 4 from the food court side. No more food wax paper as pictured in posts above. Same food still. It is set up like a restaurant in the area near the food. OK if you want to have quick bites with more varieties than KE Prestige Lounge.

KE Prestige Lounge - similar experience as T1 days, slightly better. More modern ambience. Shower room bigger, but with even less amenities inside. No cup, no hand paper towel. Shower room use is now being checked at the shower room. No need to request at the check in counter. BTW, lady checked me in at the entrance has very very limited English ability. This was never the case when KE was in T1.

I will try the SPC Lounge next time to see how is it.

On the luggage carts, T2 uses this strangely designed cart which you need to lay the carry on luggage flat. This is not convenient to use.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:31 pm

SPC Lounge has better food, and more choices. However, it is strictly a restaurant. If you are flying in business class, my opinion is don't bother with any of the 4 lounges. KE is the only one with more comfortable seats.

BTW, if the KE East Lounge has a check-in line, try the KE West Lounge. Very poor signage and airport direction, even on the big kiosks. KE West Lounge is next to Matina Gold, which is next to Matina, which is across from the Food Court. Food Court is in the middle of the terminal where all the luxury brand shops are.

The public transfer area actually has better rest option.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:12 am

The official interactive ICN map comes up short on this. Here is what I found at KE's Web site:

KAL Prestige Lounges @ ICN

Last edited by zippy the pinhead; May 15, 2018 at 11:28 am Reason: Clarification
Old May 17, 2018, 12:13 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by t_cliff
SPC Lounge has better food, and more choices
Better than Matina? Could you give an example or two?
Old May 17, 2018, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Better than Matina? Could you give an example or two?
Matina has a small section of bibimbap, forgettable entrees, similar salad choice with KE and Lounge L. SPC does not have bibimbap, but more entree choices. Salad is a bit better (best among the 4 lounges in T2). Dining room in Matina is bigger, but still a restaurant just like SPC. Both do not have restroom. Matina has luggage lockers, however.

So if the goal is to eat, SPC is best there, but not that attractive still. If the goal is rest and just spent a couple hours, KE or the airport transfer area is better.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:13 pm

Tried the KE East Lounge ("PR1," on the map above, next to Matina Gold) on a Saturday afternoon. It goes from crowded to empty and back to crowded over the span of an hour or so. It may be that the signage is poor, but when we first arrived, it was quite crowded, and as we watched, it gradually emptied. Some pictures of the food selection, etc., are below.

In comparison to the KE lounge at TBIT in LAX, it is more spacious and nicer. When we checked in to the lounge at TBIT (using a voucher), I heard the receptionist direct a passenger with a Prestige Class ticket to the BA lounge; I don't know if that is standard operating procedure now, but maybe someone here can shed some light on it.

Anyway, some pictures:

Cup ramen selection at KE East lounge (PR1).

Coffee & cup ramen selection at KE East lounge (PR1)

Food tables and the bar at KE East lounge (PR1)

Dessert table and food tables at KE East lounge (PR1)

Sandwiches at KE East lounge (PR1)

More sandwiches at KE East lounge (PR1)

Pepperoni pizza at KE East lounge (PR1)

Fried rice at KE East lounge (PR1)

Chinese style chicken at KE East lounge (PR1). The chestnuts and garlic cloves in this were very well cooked and soft. I thought this was a decent dish.

Chinese style rolls with "lobster" meat at KE East lounge (PR1)

Salad bar at KE East lounge (PR1)

Dessert table at KE East lounge (PR1)

The bar had a couple draft beer selections (IIRC it was Budweiser and OB Lager or Cass, basically adjunct lagers), some hard stuff, a red and white wine selection, and a guy who took care of the pouring for you. There was also the usual self-serve canned drinks, etc.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, DL, KE Skypass
From the looks of things, it's already miles better than T1's Prestige Lounge, but that's not saying much.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mjchick
From the looks of things, it's already miles better than T1's Prestige Lounge, but that's not saying much.
Agreed on both points.

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
In comparison to the KE lounge at TBIT in LAX, it is more spacious and nicer. When we checked in to the lounge at TBIT (using a voucher), I heard the receptionist direct a passenger with a Prestige Class ticket to the BA lounge; I don't know if that is standard operating procedure now, but maybe someone here can shed some light on it..
BA doesn't have a lounge at LAX.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:36 pm

Korean Air First Class Lounge at ICN Terminal Two

New Korean Air First Class Lounge in Seoul Incheon’s Terminal Two

Individual booths

Message Chair room

Dining Area

A la carte beef dish
There are four other a la carte dishes - Seafood pasta, linguini carbonara, saltimbocca chicken, or soba with side dishes
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Thanks for the photos.

The T2 F lounge seems to be a bigger step up from the T1 F lounge than the T2 business lounge compared to the T1 business lounge.

Compared to other first world asia airports - Korean Air lounges rate poorly with CX, SQ, NH, JL etc all far ahead. I wonder if this is because
Incheon has more free and low cost options (free shower and lounge areas) for all passenger than other airports.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by chichow
Thanks for the photos.

The T2 F lounge seems to be a bigger step up from the T1 F lounge than the T2 business lounge compared to the T1 business lounge.

Compared to other first world asia airports - Korean Air lounges rate poorly with CX, SQ, NH, JL etc all far ahead. I wonder if this is because
Incheon has more free and low cost options (free shower and lounge areas) for all passenger than other airports.
I think it has to do more with Korean Chaebol and the general air of disdain citizens have for the "ruling elite." You may think "why would that matter, this is an airport??" It matters a lot.

The only reason Incheon doesn't have priority security is because a ton of people complained about the rich elite getting preferential treatment. T2 was supposed to have elite security but that got axed and became security for disabled folks. The same goes for lounges, it's all about the general hatred for chaebols (of which KE and OZ are both chaebols) that keep them from doing real premium stuff.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Yes, the KE lounges in ICN are much better than the ones at LAX. The KE F lounge at LAX is a joke.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:06 pm

All KE operated rooms in US airports are just a break room, not lounge.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Reviews on the Matina Gold lounge would be appreciated

Last edited by Finance_underling; Aug 11, 2018 at 7:20 am
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
If the main purpose of visiting the lounge is to shower, with access to food being secondary to that, what is/are the recommended choice(s)? It will be two of us traveling, and we'll arrive at ICN at 06:10, and we will depart at 08:20 enroute to HKG.

I've Priority Pass through Amex Plat, and I'm Delta PM (so, Skyteam Elite+).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.