Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by agjil
The new KE F lounge is terrible:
I would extend that comment to the new terminal overall. My entire transit experience was unpleasant. Such a contrast with Changi, where I transferred on my way home.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Wangja
Agree 100% about the T2 lounge - but I have always found F on-board service to be exemplary.
I'd say the service is the only good aspect of KE's onboard F product.
Everything else is pretty disappointing IME.

For example, on my recent longhaul KE F flight, I didn't see any tea listed on the food & drinks menu, so I asked the FA if they had any tea.
She told me they had two kinds of tea onboard - green tea and red tea...
Having only two different kinds of tea in international first class was quite disappointing, but nevertheless I ordered the red tea.
After a couple of minutes she brought me a cup of hot water and a tea bag (they don't have any tea pots), and what do you know, it was Lipton red tea...she actually said she's embarrassed by the poor quality & variety of tea they have in first class.
For comparison, SQ offers TWG in BUSINESS CLASS.

Originally Posted by Kacee
I would extend that comment to the new terminal overall. My entire transit experience was unpleasant. Such a contrast with Changi, where I transferred on my way home.
Totally agree, and especially true if one needs to transit from T1 to T2 or vice versa, as those two terminals are FAR from each other.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I just flew out of NRT and they treat their domestic brands or airlines with pride. Everything was smooth as butter.

Originally Posted by agjil
I'd say the service is the only good aspect of KE's onboard F product.
Everything else is pretty disappointing IME.

For example, on my recent longhaul KE F flight, I didn't see any tea listed on the food & drinks menu, so I asked the FA if they had any tea.
She told me they had two kinds of tea onboard - green tea and red tea...
Having only two different kinds of tea in international first class was quite disappointing, but nevertheless I ordered the red tea.
After a couple of minutes she brought me a cup of hot water and a tea bag (they don't have any tea pots), and what do you know, it was Lipton red tea...she actually said she's embarrassed by the poor quality & variety of tea they have in first class.
For comparison, SQ offers TWG in BUSINESS CLASS.

Totally agree, and especially true if one needs to transit from T1 to T2 or vice versa, as those two terminals are FAR from each other.
That's a shame because O'sulloc does decent varieties of Korean and herbal teas. Their product and planning department should do better for F. Lipton is unacceptable.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by JoeDaejeon
Even if it isn't real newspaper, it's still paper with ink printed on it. do you mean to tell me they use special ink that's been certified to not contain any harmful chemicals if consumed? With any standard printing techniques, it is very likely the hot food and oils will create a chemical reaction with the chemicals used to print the paper. I stand by my reply - totally disgusting, and this lounge should immediately be shut down.
An easier solution for all concerned would be to just stay at home.
On a scale of 1 to 10, this is about -20,000
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: None anymore
Besides the lounge, what else didn't you like?

I'm *A so I've only been to T2 to pick up a friend. It was nice when I walked in, but that's the extent of my experience so far.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by warrenw
Besides the lounge, what else didn't you like?

I'm *A so I've only been to T2 to pick up a friend. It was nice when I walked in, but that's the extent of my experience so far.
Long walk from gate. Transit security was slow and chaotic and the hi-tech stuff seemed to make it worse. Staff were positively surly (never encountered that at ICN before). Then a long walk through the mall to the lounge. Signage was terrible . . . Had a difficult time finding the lounge. Everything is hard surfaces. Sterile and loud. Just as in main terminal, walkways are not wide enough, which means it can be really difficult navigating the crowd, especially in a hurry.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:23 am

Long walk from gate. Transit security was slow and chaotic and the hi-tech stuff seemed to make it worse. Staff were positively surly (never encountered that at ICN before). Then a long walk through the mall to the lounge. Signage was terrible . . . Had a difficult time finding the lounge. Everything is hard surfaces. Sterile and loud. Just as in main terminal, walkways are not wide enough, which means it can be really difficult navigating the crowd, especially in a hurry.
Interesting, thanks for the response. I've been noticing that immigration/security/transit has changed drastically over the past two years - I can't get through immigration in less than 25 minutes anymore, they've limited the amount of desks available to foreigners. My Korean girlfriend sails through in less than 30 seconds each time though...
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, thanks for the response. I've been noticing that immigration/security/transit has changed drastically over the past two years - I can't get through immigration in less than 25 minutes anymore, they've limited the amount of desks available to foreigners. My Korean girlfriend sails through in less than 30 seconds each time though...
They're very stingy on opening foreigner counters. I think it's because they're lazy to do the photo and fingerprints.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
They're very stingy on opening foreigner counters. I think it's because they're lazy to do the photo and fingerprints.
Well as an American living in Korea my experience is they can be.... Homogenous, and I guess they got complaints that natives were having to wait in line for too long so they added counters for Korean citizens, and foreigners can't complain because they don't speak Korean so that fixed the issue.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: KL-PEFL
Originally Posted by Aventine
Does the number of photo and fingerprints reduce as they close counters?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Wangja
Does the number of photo and fingerprints reduce as they close counters?
No but the number of people having to perform those photo and fingerprints decreases...

Personally I don't have to do the photo/fingerprint since I have a visa but it definitely takes some "extra time" to do those for folks.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Interesting to know. I have 65 minute connection @ ICN in a couple weeks, KE-KE (YVR-ICN-PVG). Probability of misconnect?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by mczlaw
Interesting to know. I have 65 minute connection @ ICN in a couple weeks, KE-KE (YVR-ICN-PVG). Probability of misconnect?
Very low. You don't have to go through immigration, just transit security. You will probably even have time to visit the lounge.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mczlaw
More than enough time.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
What’s the landside security situation in the early morning at T2? Better than the mess at T1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.