Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Just read about the new terminal due to open at ICN later this year, and that Korean Air will be moving to it from the exciting terminal. Anyone know of any plans for their first class lounge? From what I've read it seems like their current one is lack-luster, assuming they plans for a new one at the new terminal. Curious to see if there has been any new or talk about it yet?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by kaskade916
Just read about the new terminal due to open at ICN later this year, and that Korean Air will be moving to it from the exciting terminal. Anyone know of any plans for their first class lounge? From what I've read it seems like their current one is lack-luster, assuming they plans for a new one at the new terminal. Curious to see if there has been any new or talk about it yet?
If the current terminal is exciting, why need to move?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hondaman82
If the current terminal is exciting, why need to move?
Ops... lol, I obviously wrote that in a hurry and didn't spell check it. "existing"
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by kaskade916
The local opinion is that it will be the same lackluster lounge, just larger

Both KE and OZ have never paid attention to their lounges
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: Skyteam
I think it's Korean culture, they like to keep house looking neat without being cluttered.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:14 am

The current lounges seem fine to me with decent food and shower facilities too.
Maybe im easy to please.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
The current lounges seem fine to me with decent food and shower facilities too.
Maybe im easy to please.
They were clean and such, just kind of "meh" compared to International First lounge offerings of JL and CX.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The new terminal will be SkyTeam only (KE, DL, AF, KL) so perhaps they will create a fancy SkyTeam branded lounge.....I haven't done any blog reading on said lounges though...

Just a fun guess.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:05 am

Was at the KE Incheon business lounge - satellite ,9 am ,yesterday ( international ).
Shocked at how pathetic the offerings were .
From food to beverage to snacks .
Uninterested service and generally flat atmosphere overall
Old May 3, 2017, 5:26 am

Anyone knows when the new terminal is scheduled to be opened?

thanks!
Old May 3, 2017, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Was at the KE Incheon business lounge - satellite ,9 am ,yesterday ( international ).
The food/drink options are still better than the OZ lounge

The interior..... yes that is ... level
Old May 3, 2017, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Anyone knows when the new terminal is scheduled to be opened?

thanks!
Sometime in October barring any delays
Old May 3, 2017, 6:59 pm

yea agree.
I was recently at the OZ biz lounge, courtesy of Priority pass, and the food offerings were really sad.

KE biz lounge food was at least quite decent.

Originally Posted by corbomite
The food/drink options are still better than the OZ lounge

The interior..... yes that is ... level
Old May 3, 2017, 10:00 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bearbrick
I use the KE business lounge at ICN a fair bit. I usually go RIGHT once I finish the counter "sign in". The RIGHT side is pretty sad for food.

A few weeks ago I decided to go LEFT to see what was there. The breakfast was really the best I've ever seen. The food was okay.

As to the OP:

I have flown a few KE business class trips this past year and I have seen an entire first class cabin empty. I have rarely seen more than 2-3 people in first class on these flights.

I mention this as maybe they don't have the amount of traffic to make them create a super first class lounge? I know the quality you are talking of...I have seen blogs of some VERY nice first class lounges, just not with KE.

EDIT:

A question with the new terminal: does this mean a unique security gate system in that terminal or will it be a train type connection from the main terminal? I am wondering about bus service etc.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Handcake

EDIT:

A question with the new terminal: does this mean a unique security gate system in that terminal or will it be a train type connection from the main terminal? I am wondering about bus service etc.
The current shuttle train is being extended to the second terminal and there will be separate public transport links extended from the first terminal.

As for the lounges, the concept of a flagship lounge is still quite alien to both the company and the passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.