Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
This is seriously disappointing. Only 1 shower in an international 1st class lounge where people are coming off 12+ hour flights?!?! Are there shower rooms in the business class lounge that 1st passengers can use? My wife and I are coming off a 6 hour red eye and have a couple hours before our 13+ hour flight home. Would be nice to get a shower between flights to freshen up. With only 1 shower room, that means we will need some extra time unless the shower room is big enough for two!
The shower room is most definitely big enough for two. Assuming you can shower and get ready in 25 minutes, it sounds like you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the lounge before or after you freshen up. I was in the lounge for 2.5 hours, and when I decided to take a shower, I did not have to wait, nor was anyone waiting for me to get done. Keep an open mind once you arrive and I doubt that you'll be disappointed!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by sohnhh
I thought that the new KE first class lounge would offer a la carte dining option as the lounge is exclusively for KE first class passengers. The new FC lounge does not allow access for the KE elite customers when they are flying on business class. Maybe, KE will offer more service at the FC lounge I hope.
When I was in the KE F lounge on 1/28/2018, they had four a la carte pasta dishes, and the seafood dish that I had was delicious.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by LRMErnst

I’ll follow up with a another post reviewing the terminal.
I see KE uses same shower head as in T1.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: KL-PEFL
Originally Posted by t_cliff
Same as in my apartment too.

BTW, is there a smoking lounge?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:50 pm

In Terminal 2, yes. In the KE F Lounge, no.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I had a four hour layover at ICN-T2 yesterday, and I was quite pleased with the KE F lounge, although maybe it's just because I'm easy to please .
Thanks for the report and pics.

The seating areas look nice, and lack of crowd is a positive as well.
SFOrunner likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: KL-PEFL
In Terminal 2, yes. In the KE F Lounge, no.
Thanks: Mrs W and I will be off to SYD on 10 Feb so will be in the KE F lounge for a couple of hours I am sure she will comments. I always thought the T1 F lounge to be underwhelming.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: None anymore
Originally Posted by t_cliff
And the same as my past 3 Korean apartments :P
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Just visited both priority pass lounges and the KE prestige and First lounge in terminal 2. Think you guys are being a bit too critical of the First class lounge. While it's not on par with other Asian airline first class lounges in their own hubs, it's still very decent in terms of decor, ambience and facilities. Only thing really lacking in their food. Although it is already a huge upgrade from their old F lounge.

Also, compared to the 2 priority club lounges in terminal 2, I'll pick the KE lounges over them for sure.. Couldn't have said that before...

Last edited by tfung; Feb 1, 2018 at 10:08 am
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
On a side note, I noticed the Miler Club Lounge next to the F lounge.. Curious what the differences are.. Anyone been inside yet?

Last edited by tfung; Feb 1, 2018 at 3:35 am
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by tfung
Just visited both priority pass lounges and the KE prestige and First lounge in terminal 2. Think you guys are being a bit too critical of the first lounge. While it's not on par with other Asian airline first class lines in their own hubs, it's still very decent in terms of decor, ambience and facilities. Only thing really lacking in their food. Although it is already a huge upgrade from their old F lounge.

Also, compared to the 2 priority club lounges in terminal 2, I'll pick the KE lounges over them for sure.. Couldn't have said that before ...
What pass/credit card program did you use to get into the KE prestige/First Lounge in terminal 2?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by hamburgl4r
What pass/credit card program did you use to get into the KE prestige/First Lounge in terminal 2?
I was flying out of ICN on KE F
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Just visited both priority pass lounges and the KE prestige and First lounge in terminal 2. Think you guys are being a bit too critical of the First class lounge. While it's not on par with other Asian airline first class lounges in their own hubs, it's still very decent in terms of decor, ambience and facilities. Only thing really lacking in their food. Although it is already a huge upgrade from their old F lounge.

Also, compared to the 2 priority club lounges in terminal 2, I'll pick the KE lounges over them for sure.. Couldn't have said that before...
Thanks for the report. Any arrival lounges in the new terminal?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Mylisa
How many showers do they have in the prestige lounge? I was so hoping for a shower in between connections
I have the same question -- hoping to get in a shower on a 2:40 connection in Prestige. Not much on the J lounges yet -- looks like most flyertalkers splurge on the extra miles or dollars to fly in F.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Just visited both priority pass lounges and the KE prestige and First lounge in terminal 2.
Which of the two priority pass lounges was better? Can you give a short description of each?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.