The South Korea COVID-19 thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The South Korea COVID-19 thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Korea will not quarantine vaccinated foreign arrivals from March 21 < Policy < ???? - KBR

No more quarantine for vaccinated travelers and only need an antigen test (not PCR) for entry in late March/April. Official sites don't look updated yet.
The _Banking_Scot and cdf2108 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by gudugan
Korea will not quarantine vaccinated foreign arrivals from March 21 < Policy < ???? - KBR

No more quarantine for vaccinated travelers and only need an antigen test (not PCR) for entry in late March/April. Official sites don't look updated yet.
If you've been vaccinated in Korea then it's Mar 21, people vaccinated outside Korea can do the same from April Fool's Day.

However travelers from Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Pakistan and one other country will still be quarantined despite vaccination status.

BTW they're also getting rid of the ridiculous '방역' taxis from April 1st. Vaccinated people can go home any way they want now.
The _Banking_Scot and cdf2108 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 9:08 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gudugan

Oh, one of the xenophobic dominoes is finally acquiescing to reality.

In a softer tone, would RoK FTers say that Jeolla is a standout for local cuisine? I've heard this from Koreans, but to be honest, I find the entire country to be delicious.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento

In a softer tone, would RoK FTers say that Jeolla is a standout for local cuisine? I've heard this from Koreans, but to be honest, I find the entire country to be delicious.
Yes, because Jeolla province is one of the rare places on the Korean Peninsula with something that approximates plains. They've always been agriculturally rich, hence the richer tables.

One thing to note here is that in the Korean psyche the more banchan there are, the tastier it looks and feels. And the locals say that their food isn't tastier, just that it's almost impossible to have a bad meal there.

Given that they're usually compared with Gyeongsang province, it does make them look a lot better. And I do remember having a lot of bland or bad meals in inland Gyeonsang province.
BuildingMyBento likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:19 pm

Have a flight 16th April from HKG to YVR transiting Incheon. Stay over time is approx 11 hours.
Reason for transiting thru Incheon is my original ticket on Eva Airlines transiting Taipei is now a no go as Taiwanese govt restricted transit stop over time to 8 hrs and my flight was expecting 8 1/2 hrs transit wait.
Can anyone with recent experience please update me on Covid and Visa requirements for transiting Incheon ?
Is a Visa required ?
Rapid antigen test or full PCR required ?
Transit time limit ?
Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:51 pm

Some updates on entering Korea

1. The Q-code system is now operational so incoming passengers can now input everything and upload the negative PCR results on the site and just show the resulting QR code at Incheon.
2. The only pre-departure test accepted is still PCR (NAAT) tests. And this is despite the fact that most people can't even get free PCR tests here.
3. It depends on where your home address is, but for some jurisdictions it's possible to just slip between the cracks and not be badgered to get the 1-day and 7-day tests.

My flight from Singapore was packed with Singapore nationals with barely any Koreans. There are still a lot of people here who are scared about getting COVID overseas despite the fact that SK is accounting something like 2/3rds of the entire worlds caseload....
'
Old Apr 1, 2022, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by corbomite
3. It depends on where your home address is, but for some jurisdictions it's possible to just slip between the cracks and not be badgered to get the 1-day and 7-day tests.
'
Could you please give more details on after arrival tests?
To be honest, I booked my flight from Poland to South Korea without proper research and found out about requirement of two after arrival tests when my ticket was already booked. Now, I am searching for more details, for example, where could I do them, for how much as well as, how is it controlled by authorities?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA, KF
Has anyone successfully entered their vax record on the Q-CODE site? I'm stuck in Step 5: INPUT HEALTH CONDITION INFORMATION because it is asking for negative PCR test. My trip is not until June 3. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:55 am

I did it today. In step 5 you only indicate your flight and seat number. You will be able to add all details of pre-departure test within 48 h before the flight.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA, KF
Thanks, Tropikey. Got in and provided everything I can. Now just hoping someone post their quarantine exemption experience after registering their vax record.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Stingyguy
Thanks, Tropikey. Got in and provided everything I can. Now just hoping someone post their quarantine exemption experience after registering their vax record.
You're only supposed to enter your details after you have your negative PCR results
Stingyguy likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Just FYI - checked with Korean consulate and boosters are required for children 6 years and older if they are past the 180 days of their 2nd vaccine dose (despite a booster not being approved in any country for children under 12 years old), so summer travel will be an issue for families who vaccinated their kids when eligibility first came out in the US, unless they change the rules by summer or unless a booster becomes available.
airsniper likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I have two transits in Incheon during May:
The first one is from FUK-ICN-HNL
The second one is going back from HNL-ICN-FUK
I plan to remain within the transit area at all times.
Does anyone know if anything is needed besides negative covid tests when leaving FUK and HNL for my long transits (under 24 hrs) in ICN?
THANK YOU!
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:14 am

Does anyone know if after arrival test can be done using saliva or nasal swab instead of nasopharyngeal swab? I have a sensitive child
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
How was the arrival experience? I'm coming in next week... Wondering how long it takes to get from gat through immigration - so I can book an arrival test slot at a sensibl etime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.