Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by MartiniGomez
Arriving at 06.15 from BKK tomorrow morning. Connecting flight to ARN much later, so will leave SPL first. Is passing customs to Schengen first and then heading for Schengen exit, likely a better option than straight to non-Schengen exit? I'm afraid to be one of those annoying transit passengers causing all these problems at SPL. I promise Schiphol management to leave their airport asap and take my car for our summer holiday. Travelling HBO, Sky prio, but no Priority Pass.
From BKK I feel like you'd have to go through transfer security to reach the departure zone, so you might need to go to exit control anyway.
Old May 6, 2022, 12:23 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
https://www.schiphol.nl/en/blog/ente...well-prepared/
Queueing is unavoidable in busy times like these. We therefore advise you to wear comfortable clothes and shoes. When queueing outside, you might want to have a jacket on. As soon as you join the queue inside, we recommend that you take your jacket off. That will save time at security. It is a good idea to bring a bottle of water with you. You are not required to throw your drink away at the security check; you can keep your bottle (max. 500ml) with you.
Is Schiphol saying that you can now bring a bottle of water through security? Is this new?
Old May 6, 2022, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Is Schiphol saying that you can now bring a bottle of water through security? Is this new?
Since they got those fancy new bag scanners.

Johan
Old May 6, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
https://www.schiphol.nl/en/blog/ente...well-prepared/

I noticed this back early april, when I left airside for a cigarette and went back in. Forgot about the 0,5l bottle Spa I got from my inbound KL flight and realized when I got back to my outbound flight.

so I assume Johan is right - although they can still be taken when passing through the scan if there's anomalies.
Old May 6, 2022, 11:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Update: Sunday 8 May 2022

The latest update:

- upcoming Sunday, KLM will cancel flights:
1x intercontinental
7x EU-destinations

- 6 flights of other airlines are moved to RTM

- Schiphol will deploy office staff

- Passengers who are in the Q outside the terminal, may now enjoy comfortably waiting under an awning

Source:Er worden zes vluchten verplaatst naar de luchthaven van Rotterdam. Andere regionale luchthavens gaven donderdag al aan dat ze vluchten kunnen aannemen, maar daar communiceert Schiphol vrijdag niets over.

KLM heeft aangekondigd dat komend weekend acht vluchten worden geannuleerd. De luchtvaartmaatschappij doet dat op verzoek van Schiphol na overleg. Het gaat om een intercontinentale vlucht en zeven Europese retourvluchten, allemaal op zondag.

De luchthaven neemt voor het komende weekend nog meer maatregelen. Er wordt meer personeel ingezet (ook vanuit kantoor) en reizigers die buiten de terminal in een wachtrij staan, kunnen onder een overkapping wachten.
https://www.nu.nl/economie/6199251/s...k-geleden.html
Old May 6, 2022, 11:38 pm

So far no mess in Amsterdam today. Pier C felt abandoned and the E gates are mainly empty.

made my way from C12 to E17 in 13 minutes. I do have to admit I skipped 30 people at kmar with Privium, but otherwise relatively quiet still.

I can assume maybe landside or later today it's a different story.

Last edited by b12e; May 6, 2022 at 11:59 pm
Old May 7, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Arrived at AMS by train at 7:55 for an 11:55 departure. No wait whatsoever at SkyPriority check-in (although the agent was seemingly inexperienced and took more than 10 minutes to check us in). Wait at priority security was less than 5 minutes. Once through we saw a queue at passport control that looked like it would take at least 30 minutes to clear, but we were traveling within Schengen So we didn’t care.

Now hanging out in the lounge with 3 hours to spare.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Arriving at 06.15 from BKK tomorrow morning. Connecting flight to ARN much later, so will leave SPL first. Is passing customs to Schengen first and then heading for Schengen exit, likely a better option than straight to non-Schengen exit? I'm afraid to be one of those annoying transit passengers causing all these problems at SPL. I promise Schiphol management to leave their airport asap and take my car for our summer holiday. Travelling HBO, Sky prio, but no Priority Pass.
Arrived yesterday 6 May 9 pm from the UK and that indeed would have been a much quicker way out - no passenger waiting there - as regular passport control opposite E gates. But the queue there was not too bad either.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:36 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mfkne
Arrived at AMS by train at 7:55 for an 11:55 departure. No wait whatsoever at SkyPriority check-in (although the agent was seemingly inexperienced and took more than 10 minutes to check us in). Wait at priority security was less than 5 minutes. Once through we saw a queue at passport control that looked like it would take at least 30 minutes to clear, but we were traveling within Schengen So we didn’t care.

Now hanging out in the lounge with 3 hours to spare.
Thats good news. No restrictions accessing the terminal at all?
Old May 7, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Silver ITA Premium
Originally Posted by atflyer
Arrived yesterday 6 May 9 pm from the UK and that indeed would have been a much quicker way out - no passenger waiting there - as regular passport control opposite E gates. But the queue there was not too bad either.
Took my chances with the direct non-Schengen exit and there was no queue at all at 6.30 AM. But what a poor airport Schiphol has become on arrival. Not working escalators all over the place, and an outdated overall feeling. Work to be done!
Old May 7, 2022, 6:44 am

Took my chances with the direct non-Schengen exit and there was no queue at all at 6.30 AM. But what a poor airport Schiphol has become on arrival. Not working escalators all over the place, and an outdated overall feeling. Work to be done!
Afraid despite being Dutch I have to agree. Broken escalators and so on all over the place. Broke my leg 2 months ago in some freak accident, can walk reasonably again, but the broken escalators etc. are really a nuisance since they would have made my journey so much easier.
Old May 7, 2022, 6:51 am

I did not see any restrictions in accessing the terminals on Wed 4 and Fri 6. But this weekend they warn again for situations like last week....although likely the worst is over till the Summer holidays. Due to public holidays on King's day and end WWII days people could take 1 or 2 weeks off without spending a lot of own holidays, and after COVID many probably wanted to take advantage with particularly the weekends of 25-4 and 2-5 becoming very busy. Hopefully a combination of less travelers and Schiphol frantically looking for opportunities to scale up staff levels keeps any real new crisis at bay till Summer. After all travel is now gradually picking up to pre-COVID levels and if Schiphol wants to stay the important airport it then was, they better also should organise staff levels as per pre COVID.....
Old May 7, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
None whatsoever this morning.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfkne
None whatsoever this morning.
Surely the bulk of Meivakantie pax this weekend are flying back to AMS, so any issues are more likely to be on the arrivals side?

Johan
Old May 7, 2022, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Surely the bulk of Meivakantie pax this weekend are flying back to AMS, so any issues are more likely to be on the arrivals side?

Johan
they were expecting 120k departing pax so apparently not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.