Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:47 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Why it might not work, yes. When going through security there is a 4-hour limit, i.e. you are only allowed to make use of the security checkpoint within the 4 hour window before departure. If that'd be a problem in practice... most likely not as there are few crowds the evening and they probably won't be too strict - especially if you let them know that you have a reservation at the Yotel.

However are you sure that Yotel has reasonable availability on such short notice? I'd expect them to be fully booked for weeks out at this point (Though haven't checked availability myself).
jamespvg likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Why it might not work, yes. When going through security there is a 4-hour limit, i.e. you are only allowed to make use of the security checkpoint within the 4 hour window before departure. If that'd be a problem in practice... most likely not as there are few crowds the evening and they probably won't be too strict - especially if you let them know that you have a reservation at the Yotel.

However are you sure that Yotel has reasonable availability on such short notice? I'd expect them to be fully booked for weeks out at this point (Though haven't checked availability myself).
Oh groan... I forgot about the 4-hour limit. There is still availability, but I think that's a little high risk if there's a chance that an officious security person won't let us through!
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:50 pm

While I haven’t checked recently when I was checking yhotel for September, rates were around the $450 mark. Which seems a bit rich honestly.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamespvg
Oh groan... I forgot about the 4-hour limit. There is still availability, but I think that's a little high risk if there's a chance that an officious security person won't let us through!
I figure the risk of that happening is negligible. Proof of reservation should get you through. Only risk is encountering an ignorant (or insufficiently trained, to put it in a nicer way) member of the staff horde deployed to sort out the mess caused by the horde missing at security.

Johan
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missionpa
While I haven’t checked recently when I was checking yotel for September, rates were around the $450 mark. Which seems a bit rich honestly.
Insane, but that's capitalism red in tooth and claw for you. The airside hotels are milking the Schiphol disaster for what it's worth, and I don't blame them. They would be crazy not to.

Johan
irishguy28 and boss315 like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:00 pm

Completely agree about pricing.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Completely agree about pricing.
Booking a refundable rate to hold a date but checking frequently for rate drops between now and the needed night could potentially save some money. So perhaps you won’t need to pony up $450 before this is done.
boss315 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWE. KLM PE.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Booking a refundable rate to hold a date but checking frequently for rate drops between now and the needed night could potentially save some money. So perhaps you won’t need to pony up $450 before this is done.
Can you show us how to book this rate as online I cannot see anyway to do this
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by benmitchell
Can you show us how to book this rate as online I cannot see anyway to do this
yhotel.com says the following

Cancellation Policy

If you need to amend or cancel a booking, please contact us at least 24 hours prior to your booking.”

You can also book via Expedia etc.

Or are you saying you are experiencing a problem actually doing any kind of booking? Because you have to on the left side of the page select the type of room you want (even though it says day rate) and go from there.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:29 pm
Suspended

yhotel.com says the following

Cancellation Policy

If you need to amend or cancel a booking, please contact us at least 24 hours prior to your booking.”

You can also book via Expedia etc.

Or are you saying you are experiencing a problem actually doing any kind of booking? Because you have to on the left side of the page select the type of room you want (even though it says day rate) and go from there.

There are no available cabins for these dates

We're sorry for the trouble. Please try to amend your search to view available cabins.

This hotel is airside. What does this mean?
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Citizen M have rooms at 168 Euro with free cancellation up to 6pm

mycitizenM

iat least 6% off
  • no prepayment needed
  • cancel & change dates for free
  • cancel by 6.00 PM on arrival day
  • sign-in / sign-up in next step

€ 179.00

€ 168.26

I have used this place several times and its so close to the terminal. I just check in and use the app Thuisbezorgd.nl to have great Indian food delivered to my room
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:51 pm

There are no available cabins for these dates

We're sorry for the trouble. Please try to amend your search to view available cabins.

This hotel is airside. What does this mean?
I think that answers your question. What dates were you looking at? Because I will say that a random day in August on the yhotel site is about $100 more than on Expedia. If Expedia has the option to book. It appears the hotel are reserving some slots to sell on their own site. Possibly for day use.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:54 pm

Citizen M have rooms at 168 Euro with free cancellation up to 6pm

mycitizenM

iat least 6% off
  • no prepayment needed
  • cancel & change dates for free
  • cancel by 6.00 PM on arrival day
  • sign-in / sign-up in next step

€ 179.00

€ 168.26

I have used this place several times and its so close to the terminal. I just check in and use the app Thuisbezorgd.nl to have great Indian food delivered to my room
i think the poster was trying to avoid the departure mess. Hence the airside hotel.
GUWonder, MeltingAlf and hhdl like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:40 am

Has anyone here used the "free rebooking" option KLM is offering? https://www.klm.at/information/trave...-waiting-times

Currently valid for flights up to 30 July. Previously it was until 23 July. I would assume that they will extend it again, so if it is really completely free (no rebooking fees, no fare difference) that would be quite interesting for us.

Can it be rebooked for free online, or do you have to call the hotline for that?

Last edited by ArnoldB; Jul 25, 2022 at 2:04 am
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:56 am

Hi All,

Flying tomorrow with Emirates at 1520 business class, will i be able to use priority lanes in T3 for security? I have to check in luggage and get a boarding card printed, as the app doesn't give you one.

Fully expecting to be at the airport by 1110, just in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.