Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:27 am

One of the most recent data points shows it being cheaper for non-members:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34412035-post2981.html
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by ArnoldB

Agreed; but that’s nothing compared to high-tier member offers vs newcomers (which is what I assumed you were interested in when quoting BobTL).
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The question was about FB non-status member pricing for “rebooking to flex / OLCI upgrade”. The discount for all of that “rebooking to flex/OLCI upgrade” is 100% for FB Platinum?
No, and that was the point.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by GUWonder
How/why would a discounted upgrade price for some non-elite members mean free upgrades for all Plats?
Because if you expect the 10% discount on ASR for Explorers to apply to OLCI upgrades, then logically it follows that also 100% discount on ASR for Plats would have to apply.

Originally Posted by ArnoldB

That data point has the upgrade price for both non-member and member same at 89 EUR. A higher tier member would probably have a higher number quoted, particularly if said member took advantage of OLCI upgrade in not too distant past.

The difference in prices quoted by Johan comes from the fact that the upgrade is discounted by sum of ASR fee, which has been paid for at the time current Y seating. An Explorer level member would have paid 10% less for said ASR, accounting for the 1.60 EUR difference.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Coder33
Any feedback from a recent Schengen journey using SP (cabin luggage only) ?

How long the wait was from drop-off till airside ?

I have a 7h layover tomorrow and considering getting to Amsterdam to pick up a watch 😅
I can finally relate this 'great experience'.

From drop-off till airside, with only cabin luggage & SkyPriority, I waited 48mn.
- Always funny to see how slow is the new process of bag screening... Even though you "save" time by not taking out your laptop and liquids, the guy looking at the screen is really taking its time (at least 15-20s for each bag) so in the end, not sure about the gain.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
School holidays mainly end 28 August? Relief for mess or just a shift in the mess?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Coder33
- Always funny to see how slow is the new process of bag screening... Even though you "save" time by not taking out your laptop and liquids, the guy looking at the screen is really taking its time (at least 15-20s for each bag) so in the end, not sure about the gain.
Add in the ridiculous amount of bags sent to secondary, and there's in all likelihood no gain. The screen guy bottleneck also makes having three tray loading stations per checkpoint pretty much useless.

Johan
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boss315
School holidays mainly end 28 August? Relief for mess or just a shift in the mess?
For the three Dutch school regions they end August 21st, August 28th and September 4th respectively. Logically, from mid-August onward there should be proportionately more returning than departing Dutch vacationers, as least as far as families with school-age kids go. That might shift the mess from departures to arrivals (luggage) to some extent. Hard to tell what exactly the effect will be, though.

Johan
boss315 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
I’m very jealous reading all these wonderful recent data points of cruising through priority security to the lounge in 15 minutes! Apparently OWE status will not help me get my family through on our coach award tickets on AY.

Any data points for this week for non-priority?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cpworld
I’m very jealous reading all these wonderful recent data points of cruising through priority security to the lounge in 15 minutes! Apparently OWE status will not help me get my family through on our coach award tickets on AY.

See reddit.com/r/amsterdam for non-priority datapoints (and also get some perspective into how infrequent flyers deal with the situation). Just be warned, they frequently mislabel things at the airport, but most seem to understand the difference between a check in line and a security line.

Several Facebook groups for Finns in the NL generally report 2-3 hours of waiting for the AY flight.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Data point: flew Tuesday, AMS-BOS. Arrived Schiphol by taxi around 2 PM, walked through the Sky Priority check-in area to priority security. Staff opened the closed off escalator for me and another traveler. Up there, there was no queue to enter the security filter (okay, perhaps 3 people ahead of us). The other side had a wait all the way to the outside of the terminal; it was utterly insane, at 35+ centigrade heats the line was beyond the tents. Priority was breezy and quick; of course, all my things went to secondary (a camera lens! wow!) because Schiphol is the worst airport in the entire world when it comes to basic security screening for common objects, and then the e-gates for passports had me airside at around 2:25 or so.

Had a bit of time to kill til my 5 PM flight.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by mpkz
See reddit.com/r/amsterdam for non-priority datapoints (and also get some perspective into how infrequent flyers deal with the situation). Just be warned, they frequently mislabel things at the airport, but most seem to understand the difference between a check in line and a security line.

Several Facebook groups for Finns in the NL generally report 2-3 hours of waiting for the AY flight.
thank you for the links! We have roller bags to check but wondering if we can/should gate check those? I’ve never tried that in Europe. AMS-HEL
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by cpworld

According to AY you do get access to priority security as OWE (see: https://www.finnair.com/nl-en/smooth...security-check). Only thing: Schiphol staff is more strict, so only the status holder can use priority security.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by tulipan
According to AY you do get access to priority security as OWE (see: https://www.finnair.com/nl-en/smooth...security-check). Only thing: Schiphol staff is more strict, so only the status holder can use priority security.
yeah, there are four of us. If I had known months ago what a mess it would be, or that OWE was only for me I would have booked business, but it’s not available anymore.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWE. KLM PE.
Originally Posted by tulipan
I have always been given fastrack with my OWE status when flying BA or CX from AMS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.