Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Not just KL. My LX flight out of AMS, that was scheduled for next week, got cancelled yesterday. They refuse to re-book onto KLM, and in fact not even onto *A partners. They rather have me fly LH-group and spend an extra night at FRA or MUC (No hotel provided - even though I'm in paid business).
Don't forget to claim for compensation!

I had an LX flight in November cancelled this week. The system automatically rebooked me on the same flights 24 hours later but left the Singapore Airlines flight to Australia untouched, so I rang in. It took 2 calls (the first dropped after 22m 49s) and almost an hour in total to get that simple change made.

There was initially talk about rerouting me on Lufthansa (which I shot down...LH P earns nothing in A3!) and the first guy initially seemed to think I would need to spend 2 days in SIN waiting for the next available flight so maybe it was just as well that he dropped the call...
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Sorry, dupe post
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AnaTFN
Didn’t, but I’m flying Schengen (would that have worked?)
Privium is not tied to a boarding pass, right? Or do they pull your info from some system I am unaware of? You would have exited Schengen and then re-entered in the transit area.

Anyway, sounds absolutely horrible. I was planning on showing up 1 hour before my flight on Monday. Might have to reconsider.
AnaTFN likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by mpkz
Privium is not tied to a boarding pass, right? Or do they pull your info from some system I am unaware of? You would have exited Schengen and then re-entered in the transit area.
It's not. As long as you have a valid boarding pass, you're free to cross schengen/non-schengen as often as you'd like. And there also won't be any queues at all as it's the iris scanner. So going dep 3 -> NS -> S would probably have been a lot faster than dep 1/2 -> S.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Did you check/consider Dep 3?
Didn’t, but I’m flying Schengen (would that have worked?)
You'd have to pass passport control twice but with Privium that's a breeze.

Alternatively I would suggest Privium pax look at Privium gates in Departures 1 as described in wiki. I have used it last Sunday to good results. Since Privium gates were only gates open that side, no mixing with non-Privum priority pax.
However I wonder if the SP zone gate is closed, would Dep1 gates be closed as well. Someone please check if you fly today evening?

Not just KL. My LX flight out of AMS, that was scheduled for next week, got cancelled yesterday. They refuse to re-book onto KLM, and in fact not even onto *A partners. They rather have me fly LH-group and spend an extra night at FRA or MUC (No hotel provided - even though I'm in paid business). Its going to be extremely tricky to rebook this to something somewhat decent (Without booking myself and eating a 500+ Euro increase in fares). Needless to say my satisfaction with LH and how they handle this compared to KL has dropped to zero.
That's blatant breaking the regulation on several posts.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and privium has zero value
I trust you will mail them and express your disappointment and displeasure? (I can PM you the Privium head honcho's email address if needed).

Johan
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
That's blatant breaking the regulation on several posts.
That's SOP at LH. Without a lawyer you will not be able to get your statutory rights from LH.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I trust you will mail them and express your disappointment and displeasure? (I can PM you the Privium head honcho's email address if needed).

Johan
i did email [email protected], but a real human email could be more helpful indeed
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Wow, so the Privium gate being disabled means that Privium now has exactly the same rights and advantages as regular priority...
Very useful datapoint nonetheless, thank you for reporting.
In a recent email I received from Privium (subject: Tips when its busy at Schiphol) they said:
Voor alle reizigers binnen het Priority wachtgebied is de wachttijd gelijk.
To the point, Privium and priority get the same treatment.

To close it off on a positive note they tell you that your still always quicker through security than regular travellers.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by mfkne
That's SOP at LH. Without a lawyer you will not be able to get your statutory rights from LH.
I'd expect them to push you strongly for LHg, but if they do it if only LHg option is an overnight connection and they are not even paying for a hotel, that's too rich.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan88
Voor alle reizigers binnen het Priority wachtgebied is de wachttijd gelijk.
Yep, but this is about access to "het Priority wachtgebied". There are separate Privium gates giving access to priority security, which (used to) allow you to bypass the manual inspection and the people waiting in line there.

Johan
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:52 am

What time of day was this? Thanks for the photos.

In total 42 minutes from starting downstairs (line to confirm priority eligibility, behind the SP zone) to clearing security.

I understand why they are refusing companions who don't have priority. These are truly exceptional volumes of people with priority, and too few security points to clear them.

Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by bakersdozen
What time of day was this? Thanks for the photos.
around 11am
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In total 42 minutes from starting downstairs

Funniest thing I've seen in a very long time! Cough up €260 to live life in the fast lane, but we'll deny you access and put you in the slow lane with everybody else. Value proposition of the century!
wrp96, Solevita, hhdl and 1 others like this.

Last edited by johan rebel; Jul 8, 2022 at 4:17 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by johan rebel

Funniest thing I've seen in a very long time! Cough up €260 to live life in the fast line, but we'll deny you access and put you in the slow lane with everybody else. Value proposition of the century!
You've just made my day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.