Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:29 am

Thanks for the update. Can you state time of day for the record of drop off and what airline, actually flying delta?
Originally Posted by CyBeR
I just dropped off two friends at AMS, both DL elites. Line for SP check-in took about 15 to 20 minutes. They're mostly keeping people lined up outside the SP gate now so as to more efficiently use the available check-in desks, which they direct you to a specific one. (Good move, prevents line shuffling in front of the desks).

Didn't join them for security of course but they reported that line took about 20 minutes, with an additional 10 minutes needed for kmar.

Given that today is the first day of the Dutch summer school holiday, things at AMS honestly seemed fairly orderly.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by bakersdozen
Thanks for the update. Can you state time of day for the record of drop off and what airline, actually flying delta?
They were on DL145 and we arrived at AMS by train at roughly 10:45 or thereabouts.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
I arrived this morning from EWR. We had a D gate. We docked at 7:00 and I was at schiphol plaza at 7:15. I didnt use the eGates and we were 3 people at the immigration hall. Luggage hall was empty. Lots of luggages everywhere though. Cant comment on luggage delivery waiting time as I only had hang luggage.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Response from Privium below, bolding is mine:

==========

Dear Ana,

Thank you very much for your email about the queues at Schiphol Airport. I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. It is understandable that you would like some more information about this. I am happy to help you further.

Short of a technical outage, the Privium gates should be readily accessible. I trust that this was a one off outage and during your next visit you will be able to access through the Privium gates. You can also approach the Schiphol staff at location to check why the gates are not available.

Your Privium membership gives you priority access over the regular passengers. In some cases it can be that the fast track lanes will merge with other Priority passengers. Premium passengers and Privium members exit to the security check via the priority waiting area, and will reach the security check much faster than regular passengers. There are no passages at the actual security check that will separate Priority passengers from Privium passengers. I hope this has clarified the process at security. We appreciate your loyalty and will take your feedback to adjust and improve our services.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again. I wish you a pleasant day.
johan rebel and mpkz like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Netherlines
I used WDL Aviation a lot on the SXB route.Great crews and on-time performance is excellent.
Afraid the on-time performance once they operate from Schiphol will be determined by available luggage handling staff, slot availability, and some additional waiting times KLM may enforce on leaving flights to ensure a reasonable amount of delayed pax from other flights or security can make it.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Are airlines trying to get AMS to reduce the airports airline/passenger fees due to the harm this AMS mess is causing the airlines? The AMS security service charge in particular, but also the passenger service charge.

Given this mess at AMS, the airport should owe the airlines and passengers a break for all the mess there.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
Not in AMS, but EIN confirmed closing Privium "because it was too busy". Talking about ridiculous.

Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by thehyrax
Not in AMS, but EIN confirmed closing Privium "because it was too busy". Talking about ridiculous.
Indeed, and now the official AMS Privium confirms that "There are no passages at the actual security check that will separate Priority passengers from Privium passengers" which i interpret at just sky priority when it comes to security, which was NOT the case until recently.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by AnaTFN
Indeed, and now the official AMS Privium confirms that "There are no passages at the actual security check that will separate Priority passengers from Privium passengers" which i interpret at just sky priority when it comes to security, which was NOT the case until recently.
When I flew a month ago this was also the case. From the SkyPriority check in, all Privium and SkyPriority pax were mixed
mpkz likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by thehyrax
When I flew a month ago this was also the case. From the SkyPriority check in, all Privium and SkyPriority pax were mixed
Since April it has been on and off. Some times the upstairs Privium gate (Dep 2) will lead to a sharp right to the first security line, while the priority gates will lead to the zig zag feeding the following security lines. Other times it doesn't matter which gate you use, you end up in the same combined line.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are airlines trying to get AMS to reduce the airports airline/passenger fees?
Schiphol announced a 37% hike a while back. Airlines complained to the competition authority, but were rebuffed.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Schiphol announced a 37% hike a while back. Airlines complained to the competition authority, but were rebuffed.
I am familiar with the hike schedule.

I am asking about whether the airlines are asking for a reduction due to the AMS mess being suffered from April 2022 onwards.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I am asking about whether the airlines are asking for a reduction due to the AMS mess being suffered from April 2022 onwards.
Probably best to ask the airlines, then. They might know.

Johan
hhdl likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Probably best to ask the airlines, then. They might know.
They and the passengers deserve a reduction in the charges for this mess at AMS.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:26 am

Today (Sunday) at 8:30. SkyPriority had no waiting line in front of it, regular check in was quite busy (no line outside though). Wait in SP area ~5 min. From SP to security check there was a lady checking eligibility for SP, I luckiliy got to skip some people because the Privium gate was free. Going up, yes, regular priority and Privium were mixed. Wait was ~15 min. There was a Privium passenger who "thought" the line didn't apply to him (I.e. he just went under the fence) and he just went to the front. Security didn't see it but a couple of minutes later when another passenger "snitched" and security just took him out of line to the back. So theyre pretty strict.

Alltogether I think from getting out of the car until the lounge, it took me 30 mins
AnaTFN and mpkz like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.