Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS Lounge under COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2020, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
Those pics that show a lot of floor space are inviting me to search for the resident mouse. They might have been starved out of existence by now, though.
I doubt it!

There's always been a whole colony of them. Intrepid, resourceful and enterprising, it would probably take something like a nuclear blast to wipe 'm out once and for all. I mean, let's face it: if you can survive on KLM lounge food, you can survive anything.

Johan
Old Aug 23, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I doubt it!

There's always been a whole colony of them. Intrepid, resourceful and enterprising, it would probably take something like a nuclear blast to wipe 'm out once and for all. I mean, let's face it: if you can survive on KLM lounge food, you can survive anything.

Johan
But only most resilient mice could survive on KLM's current long-haul business class catering. It makes KLM lounge food look gourmet by comparison.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
But only most resilient mice could survive on KLM's current long-haul business class catering.
They would in all likelihood be kicked off the plane for not wearing masks before they could even sample the food.

Johan
Old Aug 24, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
They would in all likelihood be kicked off the plane for not wearing masks before they could even sample the food.

Johan
Thank God in the lounge they had plenty of time to taste The Sandwich. The. Everlasting. Sandwich.

I realize they organized this food offering in a hurry (and, at some point, AMS was way above other hubs which mostly had closed lounges). Now, it seems they keep it as if it were the only food that’s Covid-proof, same as AF’s drink offering nonsense this summer !

Last edited by maalloc; Aug 24, 2020 at 11:29 am
Old Aug 24, 2020, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I got horribly ill after eating in the lounge once, was out of action about 5 days. Could be the mouse emptied its bowels on the macaroni cheese?
fifty_two likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maalloc
as if it were the only food that’s Covid-proof
Those sandwiches probably have a best before date somewhere in 2029, which makes them everything-proof.

Johan
fifty_two and maalloc like this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 5:48 pm
Suspended

[MENTION=9944]Concerto[/MENTION]: Visited the Non-Schengen today and it was so empty & quiet I think there was a pretty good chance I'd actually have noticed a mouse

In difference to some other people, I was actually fine with the F&B offering in the Crown lounges in AMS pre-Corona. Today, the offering was a bit lacking. A bland celery soup. Tzatsiki which was served with a leaf of arugula on a dry pita bread. A main course with lamb or something which I didn't try. And +1 had the usual cheese sandwich but served on a slice of bread at least 2 cm thick.

Please take these complaints on the F&B offering with a grain of salt. These are extraordinary times, and for the most part I'm content with the lounges being open at all.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by funkydrummer
Please take these complaints on the F&B offering with a grain of salt.
We all understand that airlines worldwide are in dire straights and doing everything they can to cut costs. I just wish they wouldn't present these catering cutbacks as a way to protect passengers from that nasty virus. It is perfectly possible to serve good food without infecting your patrons and killing 'm all off. They should just call a spade a spade and admit that penny pinching is the name of the game these days.

Personally, I fortunately don't have to rely on whatever KL decides to offer in its AMS lounges. No matter what, now as before, the Privium ClubLounge (yeah, they spell it that way) beats them hands down.

Johan
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by funkydrummer
[MENTION=9944]Concerto[/MENTION]: Visited the Non-Schengen today and it was so empty & quiet I think there was a pretty good chance I'd actually have noticed a mouse

In difference to some other people, I was actually fine with the F&B offering in the Crown lounges in AMS pre-Corona. Today, the offering was a bit lacking. A bland celery soup. Tzatsiki which was served with a leaf of arugula on a dry pita bread. A main course with lamb or something which I didn't try. And +1 had the usual cheese sandwich but served on a slice of bread at least 2 cm thick.

Please take these complaints on the F&B offering with a grain of salt. These are extraordinary times, and for the most part I'm content with the lounges being open at all.
As long as there is beer I am happy.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I note that the Schengen lounge still shuts at 12 noon. Bizarre, given that there are now plenty of SkyTeam shorthaul flights departing after that hour.

Privium just mailed me to say that they have opened a new Schengen lounge today. Bit of a surprise, as I had not heard of any such plans before, although I know they've always wanted one Schengen airside and have their sights set on the new A concourse.

It is located at the base of the D concourse on the second floor (or first, depending on whether your perspective is American or British), and seems to be a temporary affair. No toilets, and limited catering due to lack of a kitchen. The latter sucks, 'cause the catering is what distinguishes the Privium lounges from just about all the others out there. Also, the new lounge closes at 1 p.m., so it is not much of an alternative to the KLM one, even though it is right next-door.

Johan
Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The latter sucks, 'cause the catering is what distinguishes the Privium lounges from just about all the others out there.
So the new Privium lounge also comes with resident mice?
johan rebel likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
So the new Privium lounge also comes with resident mice?
They have been waiting for this day with bated breath, but were dismayed to learn that the lounge does not come with a kitchen of its own!

Johan
irishguy28 and Carel1 like this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 6:16 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Also, the new lounge closes at 1 p.m., so it is not much of an alternative to the KLM one, even though it is right next-door.
The Aspire Lounge 26 above the KLM Schengen Lounge is open in the afternoon and would be a possible alternative.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:24 pm

KLM is looking for your help in the NS lounge.

Old Sep 26, 2020, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I was connecting Schengen to Schengen yesterday evening in AMS. I can confirm the lounge still closes at 12, this is really unbelievable when you see the number of flights after this closing time. As I had enough time, I went to the NS one. No problem to cross immigration, I said to the officer that I was going to the KL lounge showing my BP and ID card and he said « no problem, make sure to schedule enough time to come back ». Wait was short both ways. Automatic gates were operating, but silly me I didn’t take my passport with me so I could not use them.
I have to say that this is the 1st time I visit the NS lounge in a non-zoo mode, and I found it quite pleasant. I had enough time to had some food and drinks (glad I did that because it’s not with the small slice of lemon cake that was served on my flight that I would have had enough food for the dinner).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.