Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great KLM 747 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I was curious so I checked too. The usual P class price, so £1800 (from the UK). Seems to be 787-9 most days, so you might have to search hard to get the combi, but it's worth it.

....assuming you're able to fly to Korea in a week's time for who knows what reason. Here are some suggestions:
*I went to buy essentials as I ran out of Kimchi.
*I am getting essential new equipment for work (electronics ofc)
*I am participating in an E-Sports tournament.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
I was curious so I checked too. The usual P class price, so £1800 (from the UK). Seems to be 787-9 most days, so you might have to search hard to get the combi, but it's worth it.

....assuming you're able to fly to Korea in a week's time for who knows what reason. Here are some suggestions:
*I went to buy essentials as I ran out of Kimchi.
*I am getting essential new equipment for work (electronics ofc)
*I am participating in an E-Sports tournament.
Sadly no pax on 747 flights anymore. Cargo only.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
Sadly no pax on 747 flights anymore. Cargo only.
As shown above, you can still buy tickets for combi flights and reserve seats on them. So, is that real or a bug in the system?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 4:03 am
NGX

It's available on Sunday 3, 10, 17 and 24 out of Amsterdam. Please be aware that most foreign nationals are currently banned to enter the country under the visa exemption program.
Effective April 13, 2020, nationals of 90 countries will temporarily no longer be eligible for the visa waiver program and will have to obtain a visa before traveling to South Korea. This is in response to these countries imposing entry restrictions on South Korean nationals due to COVID-19. The 90 countries are:

Antigua and Barbuda / Argentina / Austria / Australia / Bahamas / Bahrain / Belgium / Bosnia and Herzegovina / Botswana / Brazil / Brunei / Bulgaria / Canada / Chile / Colombia / Costa Rica / Croatia / Cyprus / Czech Republic / Denmark / Dominican Republic / Ecuador / El Salvador / Estonia / Eswatini /Fiji / Finland / France / Germany / Greece / Grenada / Guatemala / Haiti / Honduras / Hong Kong / Hungary / Iceland / Israel / Italy / Jamaica / Kazakhstan / Kiribati / Kuwait / Latvia / Lesotho / Liechtenstein / Lithuania / Luxembourg / Macau / Malaysia / Marshall Islands / Mauritius / Micronesia / Montenegro / Morocco / Nauru / Netherlands / New Zealand / Norway / Oman / Panama / Paraguay / Peru / Poland / Portugal / Qatar / Romania / Russia / Saint Lucia / Samoa / Saudi Arabia / Serbia / Seychelles / Singapore / Slovakia / Solomon Islands / South Africa / Spain / Suriname / Sweden / Switzerland / Taiwan / Thailand / Tonga / Trinidad and Tobago / Tunisia / Turkey / Tuvalu / UAE / Uruguay

All travelers who are not banned from entering, regardless of nationality, departure country or residence status in South Korea, who DO NOT have COVID-19 symptoms must complete the following steps at the airport:
  • Get a fever check;
  • Submit a Health Condition Declaration Form;
  • Submit the address and phone number of their accommodation in South Korea. Visitors will be allowed to enter only when the phone number they have submitted is verified on site. Phone number verification may cause delays on arrival in South Korea; and
  • Download a smartphone app that will allow them to enter their symptoms for 14 days after arrival. More information about the smartphone app is available at ??? ???? ? ??.
After completing the steps above and leaving the airport, these travelers must complete 14 days of mandatory home quarantine. If the traveler does not have a local residence, the government will provide a facility for the quarantine at a cost of KRW 100,000 per day.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Not sure if this has been posted before but I thought some of you might like this .https://samchui.com/2020/03/28/farew.../#.Xp8zY8gzbb0
Gajan and maarten22 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by bradders239
Not sure if this has been posted before but I thought some of you might like this .https://samchui.com/2020/03/28/farew.../#.Xp8zY8gzbb0
Thanks - really great 2nd video re: the cargo.
Old May 25, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
PH-BFS is operating flight KLM747 on its way to ORD now, does that mean one additional 74M is brought back to service? Or is it being sold?
Old May 25, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by newflyer530
PH-BFS is operating flight KLM747 on its way to ORD now, does that mean one additional 74M is brought back to service? Or is it being sold?
On its way to Mojave via Chicago... RIP BFS.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Starting July 4th, there's a single combi roundtrip JFK-AMS a day, any speculation about that? My reservation isn't until two months later.

Last edited by daloosh; Jun 2, 2020 at 8:46 am
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by daloosh
Starting July 4th, there's a single combi roundtrip a day, any speculation about that? My reservation isn't until two months later.
To where?

There's been combis running 2 or 3 times a week to Beijing(?) via Seoul through May. They showed up in the booking system but AFAIK they were cargo only.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Solevita
To where?

There's been combis running 2 or 3 times a week to Beijing(?) via Seoul through May. They showed up in the booking system but AFAIK they were cargo only.
Sorry, got called away and hit post before completing the thought. It's JFK-AMS, KL644 on the outbound, KL643 the return.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by daloosh
Starting July 4th, there's a single combi roundtrip JFK-AMS a day, any speculation about that? My reservation isn't until two months later.
They haven’t updated the July schedules yet. That’s still the regular (pre-covid) schedule for the most part. You can expect cuts and the removal of the 747 flights, soon enough.)
daloosh likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Djokison
They haven’t updated the July schedules yet. That’s still the regular (pre-covid) schedule for the most part. You can expect cuts and the removal of the 747 flights, soon enough.)
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Djokison
But JFK will go from 7 to 12 weekly. No combis, though.

Johan
Old Jun 2, 2020, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
But JFK will go from 7 to 12 weekly. No combis, though.

Johan
After the retirement news came out, I was hoping that the cargo demand was high enough to justify using the combis once a day on that route.
Maestro Ramen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.