New Boarding Process

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 16, 17, 4:25 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jay_dubya
Wiki Link
As discovered by BeantownFlyer, there are lots of details on JetBlue's website
Originally Posted by jspira View Post
"The Group B boarding group will be for those with window seats in the back half of the plane. Group C is for passengers in middle seats in the back and front window seats. Group D is for passengers with aisle seats in the back and middle seats up front, while Group E will be for passengers with aisle seats in the forward part of the aircraft...."

From JetBlue to Unveil New Boarding Process
JetBlue will board those passengers traveling in Mint on aircraft with a Mint cabin as well as those with TrueBlue Mosaic elite status first. The next group, Group A, will be for those passengers in the airline’s Even More Space premium economy-lite seats. In between Group A and Group B, families with small children may board.

The Group B boarding group will be for those with window seats in the back half of the plane. Group C is for passengers in middle seats in the back and front window seats. Group D is for passengers with aisle seats in the back and middle seats up front, while Group E will be for passengers with aisle seats in the forward part of the aircraft.

Smaller aircraft will have one fewer boarding group.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 22, 19, 3:54 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic
I've now had to deal with the boarding process as a non-Mosaic and without EMS.

It's a disaster.

I always fly in the front half in an aisle and in my last 3 flights I've had to gate check for the first time in nearly a decade.

I guess it's my fault for not wanting to sit in a middle EMS seat in the back half of the plane.
Old Apr 24, 19, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Brighton Line View Post
If both on the same PNR then you both get the lower boarding group of the two I believe.
Originally Posted by octr202 View Post
Interesting that this happened when your seats were not together! It definitely happens when two seats booked together on same PNR (and physically next to each other, such as window and aisle on E190)- every trip for us that's held, board with earliest group.
I discovered recently that for this to work, you have to *check in* together. When you do mobile check-in, you have the option of selecting one customer on the PNR or all of them.

On a recent flight, when my partner and I checked in individually, he did not get group A from my Mosaic status, despite being in the seat next to me. On the next flight, I checked us both in simultaneously on the app, and we both got Group A. Ditto for a recent trip when I checked us both in at a kiosk.

I do wish the app would let you select *which* boarding pass to add to Apple Wallet, as right now it gives all the BPs to all the passengers on the PNR.
Old Apr 24, 19, 10:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Slouchman View Post
Outbound: Didnt work for me at all....in the front of the plane aisle and by the time they let Group E on...overhead space is gone.
The last group on a full flight is pretty much always going to have no overhead space. If you need overhead space, book in the back half of the plane. You're much more likely to have overhead space, both because you'll be in an earlier group, and because the rear bins fill up faster.

If you need seating up front *and* guaranteed bin space, then buy EMS.