Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:29 pm

I love JetBlue. Found a reduced travel award and booked it 2 days ago. Very Happy ! Today I seen the same trip reduced 4000 miles less.
Called JetBlue and they said their price match guarantee was good for 5 days and so for no charge they cancelled the first itinerary and booked the new one saving me another 4000 miles.

I love you TrueBlue
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by rover4618
I love JetBlue. Found a reduced travel award and booked it 2 days ago. Very Happy ! Today I seen the same trip reduced 4000 miles less.
Called JetBlue and they said their price match guarantee was good for 5 days and so for no charge they cancelled the first itinerary and booked the new one saving me another 4000 miles.

I love you TrueBlue
I did not know about this!! Thanks for sharing!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by shuttercookie
I did not know about this!! Thanks for sharing!
Your welcome that's why I posted it.

This community has given me so much that I am elated whenever I can give back.
shuttercookie likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, American, United, Amtrak, Enterprise
Originally Posted by rover4618
When you say a reduced travel award - do you mean a sale fare, or does Barclay's have a similar program like Citi has with AA that provides exclusive city-pair discount rates? Been googling for the latter thinking that might be an unheard of gem, but didn't see anything about it.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by brownoarsman
When you say a reduced travel award - do you mean a sale fare, or does Barclay's have a similar program like Citi has with AA that provides exclusive city-pair discount rates? Been googling for the latter thinking that might be an unheard of gem, but didn't see anything about it.
Sale fare, It was about 6,000 miles less than usual.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, American, United, Amtrak, Enterprise
Thanks! Good to hear - I was worried I was missing out on some fundamental part of the program!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:21 pm

That's JetBlue fare guarantee in action. It used to be any time. Then they cut it back to 14 days a few years ago (2014-ish). And then in December 2017 they cut it back to just 5 days. Regardless if you book with cash or points (and you don't have to be a jetblue card holder) they'll give you the difference if you notice it in the window. Gotta call them on the phone though, but I've done it twice and it's been no fuss to get that difference.
shuttercookie likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
So after 2 rounds of documentation I finally got approved - hopefully still have 90 days from approval to meet the spend requirements for the bonus. If this is a sign that Barclays is serious about security and ID theft then that is not a bad thing though the address verification was somewhat absurd given that I have an Aviator card with the same specs.

Originally Posted by kefkafloyd
That's JetBlue fare guarantee in action. It used to be any time. Then they cut it back to 14 days a few years ago (2014-ish). And then in December 2017 they cut it back to just 5 days. Regardless if you book with cash or points (and you don't have to be a jetblue card holder) they'll give you the difference if you notice it in the window. Gotta call them on the phone though, but I've done it twice and it's been no fuss to get that difference.
I did not know that either having never flown JetBlue. Not quite as good as WN and AS, but better than the others. I gather I will have to lurk in the forum now for other tips...
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:59 am

Question in regards to sign-up bonus:

My husband had the Jetblue Amex, and they sent him a regular JetBlue card when the new cards were announced two years ago. He never uses the card, but would like to take advantage of the showing 40K sign-up bonus for the Plus card (incognito mode). If he cancels he's card, is he able to then sign-up for the plus and qualify for the sign-up bonus?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by jmj10
Question in regards to sign-up bonus:

My husband had the Jetblue Amex, and they sent him a regular JetBlue card when the new cards were announced two years ago. He never uses the card, but would like to take advantage of the showing 40K sign-up bonus for the Plus card (incognito mode). If he cancels he's card, is he able to then sign-up for the plus and qualify for the sign-up bonus?
yes, but he doesn't even need to cancel i believe you can have both.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:18 am

I got the promotion this quarter for 2x points on gas, utilities and dept stores.
I already get 2x points at Walmart so assuming that does not count.
Would Home Depot and Lowe's count?
Would an oil delivery count as "utility"?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I got the promotion this quarter for 2x points on gas, utilities and dept stores.
I already get 2x points at Walmart so assuming that does not count.
Would Home Depot and Lowe's count?
Would an oil delivery count as "utility"?
Not sure.

Out of curiosity, did this promo come in an email? Or on the Barclaycard website
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by hi55us
Not sure.

Out of curiosity, did this promo come in an email? Or on the Barclaycard website
It came by email early Jan. I got 2x on gas, utilities, dept stores.
My husband got 4x on ALL purchases.
Both offers good through the end of March.
hi55us likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:44 pm

It came by email early Jan. I got 2x on gas, utilities, dept stores.
My husband got 4x on ALL purchases.
Both offers good through the end of March.
Do I have to opt in for mailers? How long have you had the card? 4x would be bananas for me right now, I'm spending like crazy to meet mosaic req.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by moops380
Do I have to opt in for mailers? How long have you had the card? 4x would be bananas for me right now, I'm spending like crazy to meet mosaic req.
They sent us an email to click "register" for the promotions.
The 4x points was limited to 10,000 bonus points, my offer on 2x select categories topped out at 2,500.
We've each had our cards about a year. My husband had not used his in awhile and got the much better offer of 4x on all purchases up to 10,000.
The fine print says the bonus points will post in 6-8 weeks, have not seen the points added yet. It's been about 8 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.