Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:31 pm
  #526  
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 4,412
Originally Posted by craz
If youre interested in the partners, if you will be checking bags Id 1st find out if Id have to pay for them and I doubt any Mosaic benefits would apply or 1st bag free if not TATL/TPAC

Im very close to EWR but prefer JFK and when flying AA on Miles, I usually can only find decent routings if I drive down to PHL
Around here, AA is PHL, UA is EWR. You can find good Southwest at BWI. But JFK? It is such a pity that I can't find pretty much any direct flight in my area.
RedSun is offline  
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:31 pm
  #527  
myk
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Programs: Hilton Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic
Posts: 517
finally got a credits and points for my inflight purchases that had never gotten posted (100% of the inflight purchases I've made on this card have been labeled the gate purchase or whatever)
myk is offline  
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:29 am
  #528  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cape Cod
Programs: Free agent
Posts: 1,535
Yeah I got a gate purchase discount credited last week after about 8 weeks of waiting.
MSYtoJFKagain is offline  
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:46 am
  #529  
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 4,412
Finally pulled the trigger on the Biz card. The agent said over the phone that the credit line is $150,000. I asked her and she confirmed again. I knew this can't be. Minutes later, received email, the CL is $15,000. The 2x on office supply is attractive.
levilevi likes this.
RedSun is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:58 pm
  #530  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by RedSun
Finally pulled the trigger on the Biz card.
Did you have to jump through many hoops? They are requiring DL SSN and Utility Bill from me even though I already have their Aviator Red Personal and Business Card, A Persoanl Loan with them and a Personal Savings Account. And they only accept snail mail or fax.
Sup3r52man is offline  
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:07 pm
  #531  
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 4,412
Originally Posted by Sup3r52man
Did you have to jump through many hoops? They are requiring DL SSN and Utility Bill from me even though I already have their Aviator Red Personal and Business Card, A Persoanl Loan with them and a Personal Savings Account. And they only accept snail mail or fax.
No. Applied on Friday. Approved on Monday.
RedSun is offline  
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:59 am
  #532  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by Sup3r52man
Did you have to jump through many hoops? They are requiring DL SSN and Utility Bill from me even though I already have their Aviator Red Personal and Business Card, A Persoanl Loan with them and a Personal Savings Account. And they only accept snail mail or fax.
Not for me. I applied as sole proprietor with SSN. I already had the Aviator Business with them. Took about 7 days before I got the phone call from Barclay for verification. They moved some credit line around and that was it.
luv2vacay is offline  
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:00 pm
  #533  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Danville, CA, USA;
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Posts: 15,957
Debating whether to downgrade this card as I don't think the 5k points justify the $99 AF. There are better cards for grocery and dining purchases and I did not purchase anything on board my last 2 transcons (would rather just grab something at the airport to bring on board). And I rarely check bags.

Now if they offered preferred boarding (as UA does) that might change my mind...

Originally Posted by mrredskin
data point: called to cancel due to annual fee. was offered half off annual fee. I asked about other offers and was also given 5000 points pending $1k spend thru dec 31. so I kept
I suppose I should try this first before downgrading or cancelling...
Boraxo is offline  
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:10 pm
  #534  
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 4,412
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Debating whether to downgrade this card as I don't think the 5k points justify the $99 AF. There are better cards for grocery and dining purchases and I did not purchase anything on board my last 2 transcons (would rather just grab something at the airport to bring on board). And I rarely check bags.

Now if they offered preferred boarding (as UA does) that might change my mind...

I suppose I should try this first before downgrading or cancelling...
The 5,000 is like about $70 to $75. That makes the AF to be effectively $25.

The business card earns 2x on office supply stores. You can easily make it back with just $1k purchase.
RedSun is offline  
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:27 am
  #535  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mass
Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by RedSun
The 5,000 is like about $70 to $75. That makes the AF to be effectively $25.

The business card earns 2x on office supply stores. You can easily make it back with just $1k purchase.

Don't forget about free checked bags with the Plus card. I earn more than double the AF on just one flight with my family. Four bags would cost $120 each way, so $240 for roundtrip. Well worth the $99 fee.
gr99gt is offline  
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:55 am
  #536  
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: EWR/PHL/BWI
Posts: 4,412
Originally Posted by gr99gt
Don't forget about free checked bags with the Plus card. I earn more than double the AF on just one flight with my family. Four bags would cost $120 each way, so $240 for roundtrip. Well worth the $99 fee.
Yes. But some people just care about churning the card. Get the bonus and close the card...
RedSun is offline  
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:16 am
  #537  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mass
Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by RedSun
Yes. But some people just care about churning the card. Get the bonus and close the card...
Clearly yes. Hence why I just mentioned not to forget about it. Churn and burn is great, but before cancelling consider the free bag value if you actually fly and check bags with JetBlue. One trip with bags makes the fee worth it.
gr99gt is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:03 am
  #538  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Posts: 1,939
Originally Posted by luv2vacay
Not for me. I applied as sole proprietor with SSN. I already had the Aviator Business with them. Took about 7 days before I got the phone call from Barclay for verification. They moved some credit line around and that was it.
I also just applied as a SP with SS for a real business.
Received a pending decision.
Should I proactively call or wait for a call.
Currently I do not have a Barclaycard, but have had in the past both the Personal and Business AA card.
4/24.
Thanks!
ORD-TGU is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:39 am
  #539  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I also just applied as a SP with SS for a real business.
Received a pending decision.
Should I proactively call or wait for a call.
Currently I do not have a Barclaycard, but have had in the past both the Personal and Business AA card.
4/24.
Thanks!
I've always waited. They used to call fairly quickly (within 24 hours) but the last 3 apps has been 3+ business days.
I guess due to them being fairly busy processing the apps.

I'd only call if they deny you (call recon line) or if they call and you're not around/available. I suppose if you really really needed the card ASAP you could tempt fate and try calling the recon line to move things along, but I don't like to annoy Barclays. LOL
luv2vacay is offline  
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:14 pm
  #540  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BDL
Programs: AA, DL, HA, WN, UA, B6, KX, Amtrak, HHonors Silver, SPG
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by gr99gt
Don't forget about free checked bags with the Plus card. I earn more than double the AF on just one flight with my family. Four bags would cost $120 each way, so $240 for roundtrip. Well worth the $99 fee.
Agreed. One of the main reasons I upgraded to the Plus from the Standard card (just got Plus card in the mail today). Plus $100 annual vacation package rebate and annual 5000 points also offsets the annual fee.
Question. Have 2 flights booked but not taken yet. One is to GCM on JetBlue package and other is EYW on Orbitz package(less likely on EYW because Silver Airways code share on connect and Orbitz book). Paid with regular JetBlue card while they were processing the Plus card. Thoughts from anyone on whether I will get free luggage?
GadgetKen is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.