Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:31 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by craz
If youre interested in the partners, if you will be checking bags Id 1st find out if Id have to pay for them and I doubt any Mosaic benefits would apply or 1st bag free if not TATL/TPAC

Im very close to EWR but prefer JFK and when flying AA on Miles, I usually can only find decent routings if I drive down to PHL
Around here, AA is PHL, UA is EWR. You can find good Southwest at BWI. But JFK? It is such a pity that I can't find pretty much any direct flight in my area.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:31 pm
myk

Programs: Hilton Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic
finally got a credits and points for my inflight purchases that had never gotten posted (100% of the inflight purchases I've made on this card have been labeled the gate purchase or whatever)
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Free agent
Yeah I got a gate purchase discount credited last week after about 8 weeks of waiting.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:46 am
Suspended

Finally pulled the trigger on the Biz card. The agent said over the phone that the credit line is $150,000. I asked her and she confirmed again. I knew this can't be. Minutes later, received email, the CL is $15,000. The 2x on office supply is attractive.
levilevi likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Finally pulled the trigger on the Biz card.
Did you have to jump through many hoops? They are requiring DL SSN and Utility Bill from me even though I already have their Aviator Red Personal and Business Card, A Persoanl Loan with them and a Personal Savings Account. And they only accept snail mail or fax.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sup3r52man
Did you have to jump through many hoops? They are requiring DL SSN and Utility Bill from me even though I already have their Aviator Red Personal and Business Card, A Persoanl Loan with them and a Personal Savings Account. And they only accept snail mail or fax.
No. Applied on Friday. Approved on Monday.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Sup3r52man
Not for me. I applied as sole proprietor with SSN. I already had the Aviator Business with them. Took about 7 days before I got the phone call from Barclay for verification. They moved some credit line around and that was it.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Debating whether to downgrade this card as I don't think the 5k points justify the $99 AF. There are better cards for grocery and dining purchases and I did not purchase anything on board my last 2 transcons (would rather just grab something at the airport to bring on board). And I rarely check bags.

Now if they offered preferred boarding (as UA does) that might change my mind...

Originally Posted by mrredskin
data point: called to cancel due to annual fee. was offered half off annual fee. I asked about other offers and was also given 5000 points pending $1k spend thru dec 31. so I kept
I suppose I should try this first before downgrading or cancelling...
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Debating whether to downgrade this card as I don't think the 5k points justify the $99 AF. There are better cards for grocery and dining purchases and I did not purchase anything on board my last 2 transcons (would rather just grab something at the airport to bring on board). And I rarely check bags.

Now if they offered preferred boarding (as UA does) that might change my mind...

I suppose I should try this first before downgrading or cancelling...
The 5,000 is like about $70 to $75. That makes the AF to be effectively $25.

The business card earns 2x on office supply stores. You can easily make it back with just $1k purchase.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
The 5,000 is like about $70 to $75. That makes the AF to be effectively $25.

The business card earns 2x on office supply stores. You can easily make it back with just $1k purchase.

Don't forget about free checked bags with the Plus card. I earn more than double the AF on just one flight with my family. Four bags would cost $120 each way, so $240 for roundtrip. Well worth the $99 fee.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gr99gt
Don't forget about free checked bags with the Plus card. I earn more than double the AF on just one flight with my family. Four bags would cost $120 each way, so $240 for roundtrip. Well worth the $99 fee.
Yes. But some people just care about churning the card. Get the bonus and close the card...
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Yes. But some people just care about churning the card. Get the bonus and close the card...
Clearly yes. Hence why I just mentioned not to forget about it. Churn and burn is great, but before cancelling consider the free bag value if you actually fly and check bags with JetBlue. One trip with bags makes the fee worth it.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by luv2vacay
Not for me. I applied as sole proprietor with SSN. I already had the Aviator Business with them. Took about 7 days before I got the phone call from Barclay for verification. They moved some credit line around and that was it.
I also just applied as a SP with SS for a real business.
Received a pending decision.
Should I proactively call or wait for a call.
Currently I do not have a Barclaycard, but have had in the past both the Personal and Business AA card.
4/24.
Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I also just applied as a SP with SS for a real business.
Received a pending decision.
Should I proactively call or wait for a call.
Currently I do not have a Barclaycard, but have had in the past both the Personal and Business AA card.
4/24.
Thanks!
I've always waited. They used to call fairly quickly (within 24 hours) but the last 3 apps has been 3+ business days.
I guess due to them being fairly busy processing the apps.

I'd only call if they deny you (call recon line) or if they call and you're not around/available. I suppose if you really really needed the card ASAP you could tempt fate and try calling the recon line to move things along, but I don't like to annoy Barclays. LOL
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HA, WN, UA, B6, KX, Amtrak, HHonors Silver, SPG
Originally Posted by gr99gt
Agreed. One of the main reasons I upgraded to the Plus from the Standard card (just got Plus card in the mail today). Plus $100 annual vacation package rebate and annual 5000 points also offsets the annual fee.
Question. Have 2 flights booked but not taken yet. One is to GCM on JetBlue package and other is EYW on Orbitz package(less likely on EYW because Silver Airways code share on connect and Orbitz book). Paid with regular JetBlue card while they were processing the Plus card. Thoughts from anyone on whether I will get free luggage?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.