Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by moops380
Also,

for the 50k spend. is that spend in calendar year of spend, or calendar year of statement closings, say my statement closes 1/10/18 but I put alot of spend from 12/11 -12/31, would that credit to 2018-19 yr mosaic ? trying to double dip on another mastercard promo that ends 12/31, but i'd like mosaic for 2018-19 (already have it this yr).
Believe it's year of spend. It credits shortly after completing the spending, before the statement closes.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Believe it's year of spend. It credits shortly after completing the spending, before the statement closes.
This is my experience. I made Mosaic through spend about 3 weeks ago, but my statement closed in the past week. My status was credited well before my statement closed.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by RachelDKT
This is my experience. I made Mosaic through spend about 3 weeks ago, but my statement closed in the past week. My status was credited well before my statement closed.
Ah, bummer. extra 3% in fuel would have been icing on the cake.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:29 pm

Data points

What's the data timeline now showing between closing an account and SUCCESSFULY being approved for another ?????
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by morphogencc
DP: I cancelled my card last month, and applied today and was approved. I had moved my credit limit to my Aviator Red before I cancelled, and the only issue with getting applied was for me to move the credit back over.

Will report back after I hit the minimum spend, though I assume if I was approved I'll get the points.
Finally received my second 40k points bonus; 2 months after I completed the MS for the card.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by taz98spin
Is there a reconsideration line I can call, or do I just wait?

I finally applied last night thanks to the 60k signup bonus. Was in pending status. Called in, asked to reallocate existing credit from AA Red/Arrival+ and was approved while still on the phone.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12

I finally applied last night thanks to the 60k signup bonus. Was in pending status. Called in, asked to reallocate existing credit from AA Red/Arrival+ and was approved while still on the phone.
Congrats!
Yes, I checked back on Friday and was already approved.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:20 am

I already have the card but I really want to apply for a new one to get 60k (only got 30k, 15 months ago). The T&C say first time card members only. Anyone have experience trying anyway?
Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by rcurry01
I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I have not been able to find the answer. I just applied for the 60k offer and was instantly approved. I have an upcoming JetBlue flight in two weeks that I redeemed TrueBlue points for. I paid for the taxes with a different card since I did not have this one at the time. The policy says that I must pay for the flight with the JetBlue Plus card in order to get the free checked bags.

Is this policy enforced, do you actually have to pay with the card?

Does anyone know if I will be able to have the free checked bags on this upcoming flight?
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
I believe you will
Originally Posted by needtoescape
I have a similar situation, except my flight is not until next March, and I have not applied for the JB card yet. At the time I booked my flight, I called JB to ask about the situation, since there are two valuable benefits associated with the card: 1) free checked bag, and 2) 10% points rebate. The agent told me that I could get the benefits by calling JB to change my payment to the JB card.
Originally Posted by kefkafloyd
Earlier this year, I got the plus card about a month before I had to fly to SFO. I wound up getting the free checked bag, even though I had booked and paid for my flight with my Amex carryover (which had no free checked bags).

You could always contact customer service about it.
For the OP of these quotes - its been about 2 weeks - any update? Curious myself - about to jump on 60k, but flights were bought with JB points and fees on CSP. Mainly curious about checked back benefit for this flight, but rebate would be nice too!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by levilevi
For the OP of these quotes - its been about 2 weeks - any update? Curious myself - about to jump on 60k, but flights were bought with JB points and fees on CSP. Mainly curious about checked back benefit for this flight, but rebate would be nice too!
I have the Plus card. I received both 1 free bag for me + 3 companions and the 10% discount on a points redemption made before I got the card, but I had to call up to get the free bags applied I also get a free bag when I use my corporate card through Concur.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:09 am

In case this is the wrong thread, moderators, feel free to move.

Applied for the 60k TrueBlue points credit card offer, got declined. Letter arrived today, says "Your credit score: 765, reason: insufficient credit history". I am surprised, I was approved for 6 credit cards within the last 2 years (4 personal, 2 business), and I am self-employed, so I thought maybe those could be reasons to be declined. I live in the US now for nearly 2 and a half years, so naturally I don't have decades of credit history, still Chase, Amex etc did not have a problem extending credit to me. Never had a late payment, have car lease as well. This is my first application with Barclaycard USA though (had Barclaycards in Europe, but I know that doesn't count).

What is the best strategy now when calling Barclay? I repeatedly read on forums and websites, that Barclay does not like too many applications or too many new accounts. But that was not the reason they stated, it just said "Insufficient credit history". Is that something that is known, that Barclay does not accept people who have a credit history for less than a certain period of time? Or if so, what is the best tactic to try to make them reconsider successfully?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:27 pm

Does anyone have any recent data points for retention offers?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by tele02
In case this is the wrong thread, moderators, feel free to move.

Applied for the 60k TrueBlue points credit card offer, got declined. Letter arrived today, says "Your credit score: 765, reason: insufficient credit history". I am surprised, I was approved for 6 credit cards within the last 2 years (4 personal, 2 business), and I am self-employed, so I thought maybe those could be reasons to be declined. I live in the US now for nearly 2 and a half years, so naturally I don't have decades of credit history, still Chase, Amex etc did not have a problem extending credit to me. Never had a late payment, have car lease as well. This is my first application with Barclaycard USA though (had Barclaycards in Europe, but I know that doesn't count).

What is the best strategy now when calling Barclay? I repeatedly read on forums and websites, that Barclay does not like too many applications or too many new accounts. But that was not the reason they stated, it just said "Insufficient credit history". Is that something that is known, that Barclay does not accept people who have a credit history for less than a certain period of time? Or if so, what is the best tactic to try to make them reconsider successfully?
They told me they like seeing at least 12 months of credit history IIRC - and you have more than that obviously.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by klanfa
They told me they like seeing at least 12 months of credit history IIRC - and you have more than that obviously.
Thank you for that response, that made me feel better, as indeed I do have more than 12 months of credit history. This morning I called, and the friendly lady asked me about current job being self-employed, my prior job as I was still employed, and the reason why I did not have any credit history going back further than 2 years. So I explained that I am a permanent lawful resident, and that usually it even takes a few months for your social security card to be issued after entering the country. She was thankful for that explanation, and also said she could see that I handled my current credit well, and approved me for $10k. The whole call just took 4 minutes. So it seems like Barclay is just auto-denying a lot of applications? The agent even specifically thanked me for calling in, after being denied. Anyway... Yay! 60k TrueBlue points (which should make for a few nice flights), and no checked bag fees anymore! :-)
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:38 pm

My application went to pending and then was subsequently denied. When I called reconsideration I was denied because I had "over 5 new lines of credit open in the last 12 months." The CSR said he could see that I had opened 7 new accounts in the past year and that it looked like I was seeking credit "too aggressively." I tried to argue that I wanted the card because I had just achieved Mosaic status and wanted the jetBlue spend multiplier, but was told it was still a no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.