Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:32 am
  #616  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Connecticut
Programs: JetBlue
Posts: 123
20,000 Bonus points

Has anyone received their 20,000 bonus points for spending $3,000 from 5/15 - 7/31? I had some issues "enrolling" and still have not received them yet. Says 6-8 weeks after program end and we are almost there.
Jimval26 is offline  
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:12 am
  #617  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,191
Originally Posted by Jimval26
Has anyone received their 20,000 bonus points for spending $3,000 from 5/15 - 7/31? I had some issues "enrolling" and still have not received them yet. Says 6-8 weeks after program end and we are almost there.
I'm in the same situation, except I didn't notice any issues when I enrolled. The free checked bag seems to be the only benefit I get reliably and effortlessly out of this card.
mmff is offline  
Old Sep 24, 2021, 4:00 pm
  #618  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Posts: 17,126
Barclays screws up... shocker

-J.
GW McLintock is offline  
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:02 pm
  #619  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 11,970
Originally Posted by CMH Flyer2
I had a similar experience last year. I made the "mistake" of paying the annual fee prior to it being charged to the account. In short their system did not recognize it and I needed up having to charge another amount at least equal to the annual fee. Lesson learned but it was more than a little annoying.
How did you manage that? Barclays' online system doesn't let me pay a higher amount than my actual balance even with pending items that haven't yet posted
fly747first is offline  
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:02 pm
  #620  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CMH
Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
Posts: 121
Originally Posted by fly747first
How did you manage that? Barclays' online system doesn't let me pay a higher amount than my actual balance even with pending items that haven't yet posted
I use on online bill pay service through my bank not directly with Barclay's.
CMH Flyer2 is offline  
Old Oct 8, 2021, 6:02 am
  #621  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: JFK LGA PBI BOI
Posts: 915
Originally Posted by CMH Flyer2
I use on online bill pay service through my bank not directly with Barclay's.
Same here, I've paid pending charges and had a negative balance though I never attempted to charge up to that negative balance amount haha..
Brighton Line is offline  
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:11 am
  #622  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Posts: 1,039
Update (in case anyone cares); the 30 days came and went and still no sign-on bonus, so yet another email. The response was that my case has "been escalated" and I should have my miles within 60 days. I mean, escalated? How tough is it to see that I paid the Annual Fee and should have received the bonus???

Does anyone think it would help if I got B6 involved at this point (they are the ones advertising the sign-on bonus) or will they just point me back to Barclays?
bosman is offline  
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:34 am
  #623  
dw
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: NYC/LA
Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Posts: 7,947
Saw this on my statement this month for the Plus Card:

"Effective January 1, 2022, Cellular Wireless Telephone Protection will be removed."
dw is online now  
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:40 am
  #624  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 166
Did this happen to anyone else?

Last December 31 at 10pm I used my card to charge a huge amount, expecting it to kick in on Jan 1.
Kept waiting for Mosaic to happen.
After dozen of calls (don't even get me started on how many times I was cut off) someone finally said "that $38k transaction took place 12/31, and yes it posted Jan 4 but it counts for 2020, not 2021.
acker is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:28 am
  #625  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BOS
Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Posts: 624
Originally Posted by acker
Did this happen to anyone else?

Last December 31 at 10pm I used my card to charge a huge amount, expecting it to kick in on Jan 1.
Kept waiting for Mosaic to happen.
After dozen of calls (don't even get me started on how many times I was cut off) someone finally said "that $38k transaction took place 12/31, and yes it posted Jan 4 but it counts for 2020, not 2021.
Yes- I had a tuition payment due 12/31 that I waited until 11PM to attempt to get it recognized in 2021 but it really comes down to when the purchase was initiated. It works the other way- with Amex I've been able to use credits on the last day of eligibility even though the txn clears in the next month.
joachimm is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2021, 11:52 am
  #626  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 166
Lesson learned.
SPEND ON JETBLUE CARDS GETS CREDITED TO DAY OF TRANSACTION, NOT DAY IT POSTS.
joachimm likes this.
acker is offline  
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:39 am
  #627  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Posts: 1,039
Final update (again, if anyone cares). My "case" was resolved and I finally received the 60k sign-on bonus 3 months after the qualifying statement posted in August.
Ali Taheri likes this.
bosman is offline  
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:13 am
  #628  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Posts: 1,039
I was booking some B6 flights and had thought that I would have had to pay with my B6 credit card to get the 1 free bag per passenger benefit. However, it appeared that I got the free checked bag before I got to the payment section. I did end up using my B6 card for purchase just to ensure there were no issues later. Confirmation says "No checked bags included in your fare. You've added one (1)." but I was not charged for it.

Of course, the T&Cs below are inconsistent unless I'm misunderstanding them. The 2nd sentence says purchases must be made with the card, but then a few sentences later (yes, I deleted a few lines) there is no reference to payment.

Free First Checked Bag
The primary cardmember and up to 3 travel companions on the same reservation each receive their first checked bag free on JetBlue-operated flights that do not include their first checked bag free. All ticket purchases (original and exchanges) must be made with the JetBlue Plus Mastercard Card Account and the cardmember’s Membership Account number must be entered at the time of booking. ...... JetBlue Plus Mastercard primary cardmembers will get their first checked bag free of charge for flights operated by JetBlue that do not include first checked bag free. In addition, up to 3 companions traveling with the eligible primary cardmember will also get their first checked bag free of charge if they are listed in the same reservation.


Any insight on this from more seasoned B6 flyers?

PS this was a mixture of points + cash if that makes a difference.

Last edited by bosman; Dec 21, 2021 at 7:16 am Reason: added info
bosman is offline  
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:13 pm
  #629  
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Posts: 5,492
Barclays now reporting new business cards on personal credit reports

Take note that there are many reports surfacing (on FT, Reddit, and a number of blogs) that Barclays has begun reporting new business accounts on personal credit reports, thus counting toward Chase's 5/24 limit.

So far this is only new cards issued in 2022, not existing cards.
MDtR-Chicago is offline  
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:58 am
  #630  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 46
Originally Posted by bosman
I was booking some B6 flights and had thought that I would have had to pay with my B6 credit card to get the 1 free bag per passenger benefit. However, it appeared that I got the free checked bag before I got to the payment section. I did end up using my B6 card for purchase just to ensure there were no issues later. Confirmation says "No checked bags included in your fare. You've added one (1)." but I was not charged for it.

Of course, the T&Cs below are inconsistent unless I'm misunderstanding them. The 2nd sentence says purchases must be made with the card, but then a few sentences later (yes, I deleted a few lines) there is no reference to payment.

Free First Checked Bag
The primary cardmember and up to 3 travel companions on the same reservation each receive their first checked bag free on JetBlue-operated flights that do not include their first checked bag free. All ticket purchases (original and exchanges) must be made with the JetBlue Plus Mastercard Card Account and the cardmemberís Membership Account number must be entered at the time of booking. ...... JetBlue Plus Mastercard primary cardmembers will get their first checked bag free of charge for flights operated by JetBlue that do not include first checked bag free. In addition, up to 3 companions traveling with the eligible primary cardmember will also get their first checked bag free of charge if they are listed in the same reservation.


Any insight on this from more seasoned B6 flyers?

PS this was a mixture of points + cash if that makes a difference.
Just having the card seems to allow for the checked bag. This was true for me regardless of how the fare was booked: corporate travel agent, points, booked through expedia, etc. It always seemed to take a couple days for the free checked bag to appear as an option. Lately, I've been Mosaic though, so I'm not sure how its working for the credit card checked bags.
HoldenC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.