Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Badges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:57 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I've completely lost interest in any of the badges that don't earn points.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I should be earning one next week as it will be my 3rd trip to a particular city. I'll see how fast they update.
For the last few weeks, my badges have posted basically as soon as the flight posts... although, my flights have been taking up to a week to post!
Old May 2, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I wrote in and they manually added the Marriott badge, but it looks like the next badge up isn't unlocked yet, so I don't think the Marriott badge ever works automatically.

The points from my IHG stay last week just posted. I wonder whether I'll need intervention there as well.

Also, in my contact form sent to JetBlue, I pointed out how the Hilton badges are now impossible to earn since Hilton Honors no longer has a partner/airline earning style, so only Hilton points are earned, and only transfers are allowed, which don't count as activity towards the badge. The response I got was baffling:

At this time we are not changing the program because our partnerships with other companies are constantly revolving. The Hilton partnership may change again in the future.
Huh?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Looks like they have someone that proactively keeps track of the program now. The Hilton badges are now retired, and the RocketMiles (Priceline dba Rocket Travel dba RocketMiles) badges were retired too.

I wonder how long it will be before they finally add Minneapolis?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I earned a badge last month but the new issue is that it's not letting me post to twitter. Always something.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
According to today's email regarding Family Pooling (yawn), badges will soon be on vacation (hiatus).
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
According to today's email regarding Family Pooling (yawn), badges will soon be on vacation (hiatus).
little worried about this vacation...how long? will anything earned be retroactive? are big changes coming? so many questions!!

cant believe this was just a throw away note in an emil about some relatively minor changes to pooling
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I infer that they'll be tweaking stuff, rather than starting everyone at zero - including folks with 5/6 credit ( if they trash that credit). Realistically, retroactive credit may have to be manually entered on a case-by-case basis.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I infer that they'll be tweaking stuff, rather than starting everyone at zero - including folks with 5/6 credit ( if they trash that credit). Realistically, retroactive credit may have to be manually entered on a case-by-case basis.
but they didnt even announce how long it will be!

and considering how much i love having to call/write/chase for the badges that i earn i may need to just take a vacation from jetblue while the badges do
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:11 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

"Going on vacation" is vague enough to mean they have no idea if it's ever coming back.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
That was my thought as well. It sounds like an indefinite vacation to me. I hope that's not the case--I think the program was a lot of fun.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:09 pm

agreed, it wasnt the differentiator between jetblue and all other airlines, but it was a significant part of it. to me it was a fun thing to track, maintain and watch.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: TrueBlue Mosaic, HHonors, Marriott
I love the badges, it was a fun little distraction. It seemed like the main reason i would ever contact their CS however, i wonder if it just wasnt worth the hassle because of how buggy it was.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
The Badge link no longer loads from the jetBlue site. You now get an error message.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow - who knew they were so popular - must have gotten a lot of pushback! Good to see that they expect to reinstate the badges soon, with full credit for flights while the program was on hiatus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.