Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Badges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I haven't gotten one since March. Maybe they are doing away with the vendor. It's too bad because I thought the program was fun.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I don't think it's a vendor product.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:04 am

Well that's even more disappointing if true
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:42 pm

Maybe someone reads these forums after all! They recently added the Atlanta badge as well as the Early Adopter Atlanta badge!

I'll still need to email them though. My Atlanta Tourist badge is one flight short and I should have earned the wiggle room badge a long time ago!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:42 pm

Either they changed the terms or my assumptions were incorrect.

I know that activity from before the Badges program existed was not counted. I was under the assumption that activity occurring after the Badges program came into existence but before they added the badge would be backdated and count. However, I must be wrong.

I flew on the inaugural flight to Atlanta and never got badges credit for that flight. They didn't add the Atlanta or the Early Adopter Atlanta badge until mid June, and the flight I took at the end of June was the only one that counted.

Last edited by diburning; Aug 21, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Apparently, I'm gonna miss out on getting the actual points for visiting Nantucket 3 times in a calendar year period it seems that my first arrival there didn't qualify under the badge scheme. I guess the Boston one is for arrivals only?

Take Three seems awfully odd as I have partial credit without actually having flown a B6 roundtrip.

So far, I have received points for the Welcome and Profile badges, with the ones for visiting the badges page looking promising.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:49 pm

All of those badges are "Destination" badges so only arrivals count. If the flight/activity occurred before the badges program existed, it will not count. Apparently if the flight/activity occurred before the badge was added to the program, it would not count either. If you do indeed have missing activity that should have counted, they will fix it if you contact them.

Take Three tracks by the segment. Every one way segment count as progress. Two segments equals a roundtrip even if the segments are completely unrelated.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Does a connection itinerary count as two qualifying segments?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Does a connection itinerary count as two qualifying segments?
I think so. I had a multi-city (6h connection) post as 2 qualifying segments.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:35 am

Yes. Each segment counts and posts separately regardless of whether they're a connection.

Also, the Mint badges will double award progress if you book a through-fare Mint itinerary because the connecting flight is still technically a Mint fare.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I haven't gotten one since March. Maybe they are doing away with the vendor. It's too bad because I thought the program was fun.
I got 100 points for the High Profile badge last month, and my others seem to be actively tracking.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:04 am

It only sort of tracks things... I had to email them asking about the EMS badges because less than half of my EMS seat purchases tracked for them.

I still haven't earned my Amazon badge yet. I'll contact them later when I get a chance.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diburning
I still haven't earned my Amazon badge yet. I'll contact them later when I get a chance.
I contacted them about that one this week. Wrote back along the lines of "Sorry, Mr. Scrounger - they should post soon (now that you've let us know)."
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:14 pm

The poor badges program is still being neglected. They haven't updated the Hilton badges yet (it's currently impossible to earn them) and now the agents on Twitter can't touch them.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:26 am

I should be earning one next week as it will be my 3rd trip to a particular city. I'll see how fast they update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.