Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Route speculation [2011]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by N830MH
I hear a rumored and B6 will bring more new cities & new Caribbeans routes from BOS/JFK/IAD/FLL/SJU. I hear a rumors B6 is considering to orders A320NEO and B6 is getting a acquisitions second hands 757 aircraft for South American & Central American flights, too. SJU willing becomes new focus cities in 2011 to expanded more new Caribbeans/Central American service expansions.

However, there is lots of things to do for JetBlue is planned to announcement new cities & upgraded bigger aircraft and lots things to do for tomorrow morning. Lets wait to see for real official news releases by tomorrow. This is for 11 years anniversary where JetBlues is flying for 11 years in service.

Regards
There is no way they are getting 757's, the costs to maintain a new sub-fleet would be astronomical. The 320neo I can definetely see and a few new cities for 2011.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
I hear a rumored and B6 will bring more new cities & new Caribbeans routes from BOS/JFK/IAD/FLL/SJU. I hear a rumors B6 is considering to orders A320NEO and B6 is getting a acquisitions second hands 757 aircraft for South American & Central American flights, too. SJU willing becomes new focus cities in 2011 to expanded more new Caribbeans/Central American service expansions.

However, there is lots of things to do for JetBlue is planned to announcement new cities & upgraded bigger aircraft and lots things to do for tomorrow morning. Lets wait to see for real official news releases by tomorrow. This is for 11 years anniversary where JetBlues is flying for 11 years in service.

Regards
It better be one hell of a deal on the second hand 757's if what your hearing is accurate. Its a totally different aircraft than what they have now and will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars on training just to aquirer them. Then you have to get into a more complex route scheduling, carrying extra parts for a third aircraft, and pay for them to retrofitter to B6 standards (paint, seating, liveTV, etc). The list goes on.

My guess is that this rumor isn't true.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Originally Posted by Seat13c
It better be one hell of a deal on the second hand 757's if what your hearing is accurate. Its a totally different aircraft than what they have now and will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars on training just to aquirer them. Then you have to get into a more complex route scheduling, carrying extra parts for a third aircraft, and pay for them to retrofitter to B6 standards (paint, seating, liveTV, etc). The list goes on.

My guess is that this rumor isn't true.
If they were looking for a larger ac, why not just go with an A321, with all the obvious benefits of commonality with the A320?

For that matter, I never understood why they didn't choose the A318 vs. the Embraers.

Last edited by rrz518; Feb 8, 2011 at 11:06 am
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
The 318 cost too much to operate. It fell in with the 737-600. Too heavy and too expensive that's why so few carriers ordered them.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
B6 is considering FLL-PLS & MIA-BOS/JFK

Hi All,

I heard a rumors from B6 is considering service for FLL-PLS & B6 is coming to MIA. I hear B6 may returns to ATL and last time B6 is tries to completing against DL. That won't be any problems for this time. IF there is enouigh more tougher competitions against DL/FL. Also, B6 may starts service to DFW.

SO here the linked:

http://www.suntci.com/index.php?p=story&id=1465

Lets wait to see how is JFK/BOS-PLS performs doing.

Regards
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

No, they are not considering service to MIA. If you read the article it is pretty clear that they are talking about the Miami market to PLS as served from FLL.

I wouldn't be surprised to see FLL-PLS added in to the route mix at some point in the not too distant future. Short hop with high margin potential. What's not to like.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, DFW is talking with JetBlue Airways. B6 will have a consider to start service from JFK/BOS-DFW. JetBlue is in negotiations deals from city of Dallas aviation departments. So here the links:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local...t-s-2-7976.ece

Lets wait to see if B6 will plans service to DFW sometimes in the future.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:48 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Also, DFW is talking with JetBlue Airways. B6 will have a consider to start service from JFK/BOS-DFW. JetBlue is in negotiations deals from city of Dallas aviation departments. So here the links:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local...t-s-2-7976.ece

Lets wait to see if B6 will plans service to DFW sometimes in the future.
There is always 2-3 articles like this each year that say this airport or that airport is talking to JetBlue. The airport tells the media is talking trying to drum up support. Because they are talking, it doesn't mean anything... Atleast yet.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 2:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A little RDU expansion with all the extra gates available now would be nice. I wouldn't mind some RDU-Florida or West Coast routes.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
A little RDU expansion with all the extra gates available now would be nice. I wouldn't mind some RDU-Florida or West Coast routes.
B6 has already existed service from RDU-FLL/JFK/BOS. B6 hasn't planned to start more specific new routes RDU-MCO/TPA/SJU/NAS/LAX/SFO/LAS/CUN yet. Maybe even if there is enough more gate space available to expanding more specific routes.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
The most likely routes, and the ones that B6 hinted to, would be SJU and AUS. Both excellent routes for them to have.@:-) B6 is moving to the new terminal some time this Spring. Where they will be located is anyone's guess, but I imagine they will take C11 and/or C16 so they could be close to AA. ^ Otherwise, they will take one of the D gates and still be able to have 2 gates with no issues.

One can cross their fingers at the least...
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:40 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ERJ170
The most likely routes, and the ones that B6 hinted to, would be SJU and AUS. Both excellent routes for them to have.@:-) B6 is moving to the new terminal some time this Spring. Where they will be located is anyone's guess, but I imagine they will take C11 and/or C16 so they could be close to AA. ^ Otherwise, they will take one of the D gates and still be able to have 2 gates with no issues.

One can cross their fingers at the least...
AUS and SJU would both be really nice. And I do look forward to having them in T2.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 7:13 pm

I wonder if JetBlue will try to compete against AirTran/Southwest at MKE anytime in the near future, or maybe add service to Wisconsin via MSN.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 9:56 am
Suspended

What about connecting the dots? There are markets served from JFK that are not served from BOS. Salt Lake, Houston, Rochester...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:56 pm

I know this thread is a month old, but what about SYR. I'd like to see jetblue serve SYR-BOS, -IAD or -DCA, -FLL (again), and maybe even -LAS. When trans-meridian was in SYR they flew to LAS and they did fairly well. Horrible management led it into chapter 7 though, so we lost this nice connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.