Search

Route speculation [2011]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Didn't know B6 had few DCA slots...
I have absolutely no ideas where the slots come from.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Didn't know B6 had few DCA slots...
They have only 8 slot pairs right now. They were supposed to get a few more as part of the DL/US swap of LGA for DCA but WN and the feds killed that. Apparently it is back under discussion again though now that WN bought FL and will get in that way.
Originally Posted by N830MH
I have absolutely no ideas where the slots come from.
From AA as part of the interline/codeshare/JFK swap: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...ine-agreement/.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
I wouldn't be surprised that a few more stations get announced, especially in the Carribbean (San Juan). There are 9 new aircraft coming on board this year, actually net of 8 with 1 lease return. These planes will be flying somewhere.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by Brigri
I wouldn't be surprised that a few more stations get announced, especially in the Carribbean (San Juan). There are 9 new aircraft coming on board this year, actually net of 8 with 1 lease return. These planes will be flying somewhere.
New planes doesn't always mean new stations. An airline really has an option of 4 with these new birds:

1) New routes to new stations
2) New routes between existing stations
3) More frequencies on existing routes
4) More charters

Like indicated on the last conference call, the major presence of new stations will probably be in warmer place south and southeast of our boarders due to the lower cost factors and higher yields on the routes. However, I wouldn't expect to seeing B6 put all their eggs in that basket. I would also expect some route tweeking/adjustments to happen.

Don't forget, B6 is also starting up the fallowing routes already this year:
New York, NY (JFK) and Turks & Caicos Islands (PLS) starts Feb. 17, 2011
Boston, MA (BOS) and Turks & Caicos Islands (PLS) starts Feb. 19, 2011
Boston, MA (BOS) and Newark, NJ (EWR) starts May 4, 2011
Tampa, FL (TPA) and San Juan, PR (SJU) starts May 4, 2011
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) and Los Angeles, CA (LAX) starts May 11, 2011
Jacksonville, FL (JAX) and San Juan, PR (SJU) starts May 19, 2011
Long Beach, CA (LGB) and Anchorage, AK (ANC) starts May 23, 2011
New York, NY (JFK) and Martha's Vineyard, MA (MVY) starts May 26, 2011

So there is already mildly busy Q1 and a very busy Q2 happening this year (in terms of new routes). Interesting to see what happens in Q3 and Q4 this year.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:52 pm
Suspended

It always surprises me that there is such a demand for BOS to the Caribbean. I understand the leisure component, but what other demand is there for 24/7 365 days/year?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brigri
I'd bet on mostly non-US stations opening.
It always surprises me that there is such a demand for BOS to the Caribbean. I understand the leisure component, but what other demand is there for 24/7 365 days/year?
VFR is apparently a VERY strong demographic for B6. Something like 30% of the seats and they are apparently somewhat less price-sensitive than the occasional vacation customer.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
When I lived in Boston, I was surprised to find a large Puerto Rican and Dominican (and Haitian, for that matter) population.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
South Carolina

Does anyone think that B6 has any interest in seasonal routes to SC? CHS-SAV-HHH? Could do it from NYC/HPN? Don't know about BOS since they have Cape Cod right there....
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rpk113
Does anyone think that B6 has any interest in seasonal routes to SC? CHS-SAV-HHH? Could do it from NYC/HPN? Don't know about BOS since they have Cape Cod right there....
Actually, I think B6 is considering service to MYR. Myrtle Beach is a very popular golfer vacation trip during in summer seasons. I think it will works out very well and B6 can do easily way to take the advantage of next routes announced it. I think B6 will have considered to startup new routes JFK/BOS/FLL/MCO-MYR. This is better way to take on those routes from MYR is more convenient.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
Actually, I think B6 is considering service to MYR. Myrtle Beach is a very popular golfer vacation trip during in summer seasons. I think it will works out very well and B6 can do easily way to take the advantage of next routes announced it. I think B6 will have considered to startup new routes JFK/BOS/FLL/MCO-MYR. This is better way to take on those routes from MYR is more convenient.
CO has always struggled getting demand for MYR past an ERJ (currently a Q-400) out of Newark and nothing out of Houston. That is, what, 45 +/- seats out of the New York area (including connecting traffic) and nothing from its largest hub? I understand its attraction for its beaches and golf, but if the numbers aren't there, they're not there.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
I think the problem there is, that CO prices their tkts like they are on the only ones flying there. I think some $59 One-Way tkts from NYC/HPN to MYR/SAV/CHS would change ppls minds about the area.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:38 am

I think the problem there is, that CO prices their tkts like they are on the only ones flying there. I think some $59 One-Way tkts from NYC/HPN to MYR/SAV/CHS would change ppls minds about the area.
They (CO) are the only ones flying there from EWR. DL only flies regionals from LGA and Spirit doesn't fly regionals but have found a way to make an A319 work. No one does JFK-MYR. If all three carriers are using some of their smallest aircrafts, if not the smallest in their fleet, from one of their largest bases in the US to MYR, it should tell you something about the demand.

Now if you think $59 each way would work, you're probably right. However, that doesn't leave much, if not any room for a profit. Spirit doesn't even offer $59 pre tax as a regular fare.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:51 pm

I think TYS-DCA might do well.
Not unless US drops it.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Why would the airline choose to operate a route that is only viable when priced at a loss?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Big announcements for JetBlue tomorrow

I hear a rumored and B6 will bring more new cities & new Caribbeans routes from BOS/JFK/IAD/FLL/SJU. I hear a rumors B6 is considering to orders A320NEO and B6 is getting a acquisitions second hands 757 aircraft for South American & Central American flights, too. SJU willing becomes new focus cities in 2011 to expanded more new Caribbeans/Central American service expansions.

However, there is lots of things to do for JetBlue is planned to announcement new cities & upgraded bigger aircraft and lots things to do for tomorrow morning. Lets wait to see for real official news releases by tomorrow. This is for 11 years anniversary where JetBlues is flying for 11 years in service.

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.