Segment credit issues

Old Apr 21, 10, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, AA,JB,DL,US,CO
Segment credit issues

Hi,
I'm an avid reader of the forum, and had a JB question. I try and fly JB frequently when the times/routes match up, however, since the turnover, i've had issues with my segments being credited to my account. I booked through Orbitz for Business back in February and have called JB customer service, and put through a "request for credit" claim three times now for the same segment.
Is there anything else I can do? I've already had to put through a second "request for credit" for another segment, and this is getting very annoying.

Thanks,

Noarbitrage
Old Apr 21, 10, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by noarbitrage View Post
Hi,
I'm an avid reader of the forum, and had a JB question. I try and fly JB frequently when the times/routes match up, however, since the turnover, i've had issues with my segments being credited to my account. I booked through Orbitz for Business back in February and have called JB customer service, and put through a "request for credit" claim three times now for the same segment.
Is there anything else I can do? I've already had to put through a second "request for credit" for another segment, and this is getting very annoying.

Thanks,

Noarbitrage
Call your local TV station and give an interview with tear-jerks-and-all how the "mean" JetBlue did not give you credit.
Old Apr 21, 10, 11:16 am
Original Poster

re: Segment credit issues

Ha ha ha!

Seriously though, as a business traveler, I do have a choice when it comes to travelling - if I want free tvs, I could travel on VA or if I want internet, DL. One of the few perks of business travel is the points, and if it's hard to accumulate the points, then I have other options.

Noarbitrage
Old Apr 21, 10, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Does your name on the ticket match your TrueBlue account exactly? And is the TB number on the BP when you board the flight? I haven't had too much trouble with the flights crediting correctly given those two parameters.

As for getting it fixed, well, are you submitting the requests a second time because you are told they were denied or because you aren't seeing the miles or something else?
Old Apr 21, 10, 7:22 pm

What date and flight were you on?
Old Apr 28, 10, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Does your name on the ticket match your TrueBlue account exactly? And is the TB number on the BP when you board the flight? I haven't had too much trouble with the flights crediting correctly given those two parameters.

As for getting it fixed, well, are you submitting the requests a second time because you are told they were denied or because you aren't seeing the miles or something else?
I had manually requested the fix through the website, when that was denied, I called and the agent (who was very helpful) tried using a "zero" instead of an "Oh", but that got rejected, and auto requested a new request with the "Oh".

The name is not an exact match to my TrueBlue account, however, my last flight did credit appropriately with the slightly different name (think "Mike" instead of "Michael").

It was a flight 588 FLL - HPN on 1/22/10. I appreciate everyone's insight.

Noarbitrage
Old Apr 29, 10, 9:31 am

delete

Last edited by endless; Apr 30, 10 at 12:41 pm Reason: personal
Old Apr 29, 10, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by endless View Post
It is a unique situation and will be resolved.
At some point y'all are going to have to stop blaming everything on Sabre. After all, it was supposed to be the solution to all the problems, not cause more. Even more troublesome was Barger's comment on the quarterly conf call yesterday where he essentially said that they knew hold times were up and they were doing what they could but that they had no expectation of getting them back to where they were. They are going to be worse to some extent going forward and we're stuck with that. Sad, but that is what he said.
Old Apr 29, 10, 2:47 pm

Programs: US silver, DL exGM, UA ex1K (now GM), B6, WN, AA
I am similarly waiting for some February credits for a round trip JFK-RDU. Due to a NYC blizzard, I flew on a different date; Whoever changed my reservation to the new date (done on the phone) didn't complete the job, and the folks at JFK who completed the re-ticketing lost the TB number when doihg the ticketing....the request to have credit on the original itinerary was rejected, so then they opened a request on the new itinerary which was rejected, but when they rejected it, they re-opened a request on the original itinerary which has been pending since 4/1....ping. pong. ping. thud.

All of this suggests that 30 days is NOT the max time for these things to go on...and images of competence do not exactly come to mind.
Old Apr 29, 10, 6:11 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Thank you for responding

Originally Posted by endless View Post
I work for Jetblue at the Center that houses True Blue. What I can tell you is that they are very, very, backed up for three reasons. The change to the new system for true blue, the change to a new reservation system and the extention of the schedule out to January. The company is hiring and training more employees as quickly as they can too get the customer service level back where it is meant to be. Try to be patient, some of our response time is 30 days behind right now but getting better every day. It is a unique situation and will be resolved. We all want our customers to be happy and hate disappointing them.
Thank you for responding . Its nice to here from someone on the inside.
Old Apr 29, 10, 6:13 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
On the bright side

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
At some point y'all are going to have to stop blaming everything on Sabre. After all, it was supposed to be the solution to all the problems, not cause more. Even more troublesome was Barger's comment on the quarterly conf call yesterday where he essentially said that they knew hold times were up and they were doing what they could but that they had no expectation of getting them back to where they were. They are going to be worse to some extent going forward and we're stuck with that. Sad, but that is what he said.
At least he did not use the volcano as an excuse .
Old Apr 30, 10, 10:04 am

I have the same problem. Had a trip in early March BDA/JFK/SFO/JFK/BDA. Had to put in a request online in the TrueBlue section and after more than a month, they've now credited for the BDA/JFK then JFK/BDA points but have put "0" points for the JFK/SFO/JFK legs. Just opened another request. Likely they want me to give up on this but will keep putting in a request until I get a satisfactory answer on why no points for the longer legs. Also had purchased extra legroom seats for all sections which I think also should bring a few additional points. Got additional 100 points for each of legs I did receive points on so far.

Next trip in a few weeks time am booking American. Same route - let's see what headaches there!
Old May 13, 10, 10:40 am

Programs: US silver, DL exGM, UA ex1K (now GM), B6, WN, AA
Just to update this; my request for credits is now "open" for 45 days, and the family of requests is approaching 90 days pending/rejected/pending/rejected/open...
My regular weekend trips have started migrating to other airlines...and this is one of the reasons why!
Old May 13, 10, 5:15 pm

Programs: AMEX TrueBlue
AMEX TrueBlue Card

Does anyone know if by cancelling your AMEX JetBlue card and then re-signing up if you have the ability to regain the 10,000 points as a new customer? That would be a pretty sweet loophole
Old May 13, 10, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by loudfish View Post
Does anyone know if by cancelling your AMEX JetBlue card and then re-signing up if you have the ability to regain the 10,000 points as a new customer? That would be a pretty sweet loophole
Generally, no. Most CC companies only issue the bonus once. Citi/AA used to be the best exception to that but even they finally wised up and stopped permitting the churning.