Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

What does "feeling of being in Japan" mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What does "feeling of being in Japan" mean?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
Good thing you don't travel with me. I love the nasty things - only without the extra mayo. The ginger is what makes it so good.
We're good, I've even taken a bite out of one of these combini delicacies. The mayo is the proverbial straw on what is already a very mangy and colicky camel. Just the idea of mayo on yakisoba in general.... urgh...
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:47 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by NWA_5479
Anytime somebody does something totally genuine and thoughtful, for no reason except that they knew it would make you feel good.
I must have missed this street in Tokyo.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA, NW
Originally Posted by LapLap
Probably the whole 'mayora' cult in general, especially when glimpsing some of the cult's more dedicated accolytes. And I even like mayonnaise.
The one that made me laugh out loud in a Pronto coffee shop was a roll that was advertised as containing cod roe with double mayonnaise.
Old Sep 1, 2007, 2:16 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by Sanosuke
My feeling of being in Japan?
The tears that flow once you gaze across the pond at the golden temple in Kyoto on a surreal morning as the low clouds lift gracefully like a curtain.
Or the tears that flow when Kyoto City has left a "you can pick up your bike for a fee at..." note where your bicycle was parked last night.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jib71
- Sandwiches in soup (I know... it's "hanpen")
And you thought you were joking...
http://mo-mama.com/log/2005-06.php
Drawing your attention to the entry made 2005年06月28日(火)

Is it just me, or does anyone else thinks this looks really good? (Without the rice though)

Last edited by LapLap; Sep 5, 2007 at 5:28 pm
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Cool

I thought I'd throw my .02 cents in to this thread :

The feeling of being in Japan can be best realized when you step off the plane and feel a wall of humidity and heat hit you in the summer!

Sanosuke!
Old Oct 22, 2007, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Well, today, it finally happened. I stuck a 1,000 yen bill on the Metro ticket vending machine, and it just swallowed it.

Now, for the feeling of being in Japan part, I had just realized the machine had swallowed my money was pondering what to do next, and and soon as I realized that I should move my left index finger towards the "yobidashi" button, a ticket agent came out from back and asked me what was wrong. I didn't even have time to react to the situation when they knew what was going on. Within a minute I had my 1,000 yen back and used another machine to buy a ticket.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM
For JR, they simply open the small window between the ticket machines.

Yesterday, I drop two 5 yen coins into the machine and they came back out. So I realized that 10 yen is the minimum.

In keeping with Japanese custom, I kept a go-en coin in my pocket for good luck.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 4:56 pm

Lunch sets
Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
The 1:50 wait for donuts at the new Krispy Kreme in Yurakucho. What kind of idiot waits two hours for donuts? Hats off to the genius who decided to bring the KK franchise to Japan.

Or the Metro staffer that ran all to the way to the platform to give me the 10 yen coin I forgot to pick up at the ticket machine, 120 meters back.

Last edited by Pickles; Oct 28, 2007 at 6:44 am Reason: Leaky greengrocer's apostrophe on "hats"
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:02 pm

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Multiple Japanese folks bringing boxes of Krispy Kremes on GMP-HND last night, to avoid the 1:50 wait in Japan (no wait in Seoul for KKs).
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I was wondering about the boxes of Krispy Kremes people were carrying on the flight HND-ITM last Sunday. I went to the BIC store in Yurokucho but didn't notice the KK shop.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:53 am

Hey guys, it's MY job to update Flyertalker's on Krispy Kreme Japan news.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyorich
Hey guys, it's MY job to update Flyertalker's on Krispy Kreme Japan news.
I have an idea. Why don't you go to the KK store in Yurakucho, stand in line with a Blackberry and update a sticky we'll set up for you on the waiting times throughout the day. When it looks like the line is short, we'll send somebody over to buy some for the next Mabodofu Nemawashi. How does that sound?
Old Oct 29, 2007, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Pickles
I have an idea. Why don't you go to the KK store in Yurakucho, stand in line with a Blackberry and update a sticky we'll set up for you on the waiting times throughout the day. When it looks like the line is short, we'll send somebody over to buy some for the next Mabodofu Nemawashi. How does that sound?
Finaly a good idea.^
If we need to wait for the line to be short it may take a few years,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.