Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by invalyd
KIX has moved entirely to lottery system. You can find details on their website.
Haven't seen anything like that on website so far. (KIX website)
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Haven't seen anything like that on website so far. (KIX website)
​​​​​​
You obviously didn't look very hard since it's the second result on Google. Can't spoon-feed everyone I guess.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
​​​​​​
You obviously didn't look very hard since it's the second result on Google. Can't spoon-feed everyone I guess.
I didn't use google, just went to KIX website.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:31 pm

I didn't use google, just went to KIX website.
Be sure to let us know if you need further assistance in clicking the link.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=kix+duty+free

Last edited by invalyd; Jan 30, 2020 at 1:36 pm
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:35 pm

Be sure to let us know if you need further assistance in clicking the link.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=kix+duty+free
Wow. Thanks for being such a helpful member of the FT community.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:42 pm

Wow. Thanks for being such a helpful member of the FT community.
I don't see anyone else helping you, so you're welcome.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:51 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by james21_h
Well went out to get some masks but ended up with whiskies.... at msrp so I couldn’t resist! Facial masks were mostly sold out tho...
Just the regular face masks or some sort of special ones? Good choice with going with a 43% alcohol solution as an alternative. Obviously not effective against particulate, but regular ingestion may be an effective prophylactic.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Just the regular face masks or some sort of special ones? Good choice with going with a 43% alcohol solution as an alternative. Obviously not effective against particulate, but regular ingestion may be an effective prophylactic.
All face masks now pretty well sold out in central Tokyo (some exceptions maybe, but fast selling out this week - major pharmacies and convenience stores have SOLD OUT signs up already) - the interesting question is what influence this will have on the premium that has been priced into Japanese whisky - both because of Chinese demand and because of potential travel restrictions. Pretty drastic I would say IMHO...
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by daizawaguy
All face masks now pretty well sold out in central Tokyo (some exceptions maybe, but fast selling out this week - major pharmacies and convenience stores have SOLD OUT signs up already) - the interesting question is what influence this will have on the premium that has been priced into Japanese whisky - both because of Chinese demand and because of potential travel restrictions. Pretty drastic I would say IMHO...
I agree there will definitely be a ripple effect on supply with effectively no Chinese tourists buying bottles for the foreseeable future, it's a good time to be hunting.
However, I still don't think prices will be affected too much.
percysmith and jashsu like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 3:05 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I asked my liquor store yesterday what they have as substitute as cleaning alcohol. They said Everclear 75.5% but I have to pre-order

I didn't want to buy a bottle just for cleaning so went home and researched what I can do with it. Also sent it to the Missus to see if she'd consider it a good enough disinfectant

When I worked out it's really a concentrated vodka so I can make Bloody Marys out of it, and Missus was assured it's 75.5% Ethanol, I returned to the shop but the shop wasn't even accepting pre-orders for Everclear anymore. Told me off for not ordering it when I had the chance, the cheek!
invalyd and rustykettel like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:49 pm

Surgical masks that are proven 99% effective on 0.1 micro particulate. Got a box for me and the wife and another for the kid! Yeah it's crazy people are buying them out... even towns out skirt of Tokyo!! In the meanwhile I am drinking more whisky every night to boost up my immune system!!
invalyd and rustykettel like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:25 pm

Hi,

I'm travelling to japan in April, may i know how do i submit for the airport lottery for special bottles? I will be leaving from Haneda airport. any website link for me to enter for the lottery?

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:27 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by james21_h
am drinking more whisky every night to boost up my immune system!!
What good is it to give the immune system a boost only just before going to bed? This health crisis calls for all day whisky drinking.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by jonckt
Hi,

I'm travelling to japan in April, may i know how do i submit for the airport lottery for special bottles? I will be leaving from Haneda airport. any website link for me to enter for the lottery?

Thanks
The only lotteries for Tokyo airports are run at duty free locations within department stores. Takashimaya and Mitsukoshi are the main ones. However these are in-store lotteries, so it may be difficult to participate because you need to attend in person.

The selection on the shelf at the airport can randomly include Yama18, Hak18, and/or Hibiki 21, so in effect going airside is basically entering a lottery.

Good luck!
invalyd likes this.

Last edited by jashsu; Jan 30, 2020 at 8:56 pm
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by jashsu
The only lotteries for Tokyo airports are run at duty free locations within department stores. Takashimaya and Mitsukoshi are the main ones. However these are in-store lotteries, so it may be difficult to participate because you need to attend in person.

Good luck!
OK Thanks, I thought that the lottery going on at Airport and pick up at airport before leaving the country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.