Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:16 am

Scored a bottle of Ichiro's malt & grain single cask bottled for Grand Hyatt Maduro for Y45,000. Have not see any reviews about this bottle. Anyone here had tried it? It seemed a ok price given the crazy high prices Ichiro's bottles demand.
jashsu likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by miuk
Arrived at HND, things are bleak in terms of japanese selections available. Just your usual Suntory Ao and some Ichiro items.

Flight on ANA F had Hibiki 17 in those small bottles.

Suite lounge has Suntory Chita

Here's a pic
Were you allowed to keep the mini bottle or did you have to drink it on the plane?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by james21_h
Scored a bottle of Ichiro's malt & grain single cask bottled for Grand Hyatt Maduro for Y45,000. Have not see any reviews about this bottle. Anyone here had tried it? It seemed a ok price given the crazy high prices Ichiro's bottles demand.
I've tried it, in my honest opinion it tastes like crap and shouldn't cost more than ¥10k as a malt & grain world blend. Most of the crazy Ichiro's prices are for his single malts and specifically the Malt Dream Casks, now those are some great tasting whiskies.

Last edited by invalyd; Jan 28, 2020 at 9:15 am
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by blackzarg
Were you allowed to keep the mini bottle or did you have to drink it on the plane?
My brother has been kicking me for not taking any back home for him to try
They poured from mini bottles but i didnt ask them to go.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:08 pm

You can take them to go if you ask, but I believe they will limit you to 2 minis.
Honestly pouring out of a mini bottle for F passengers seems kind of tacky especially for a Japanese airline.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
I've tried it, in my honest opinion it tastes like crap and shouldn't cost more than ¥10k as a malt & grain world blend. Most of the crazy Ichiro's prices are for his single malts and specifically the Malt Dream Casks, now those are some great tasting whiskies.

Thanks for the feedback! Oh well, I don't know how they sold out at 63,000 yen before taxes then... I guess I can always trade the bottle for something haha.
invalyd likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by james21_h
Thanks for the feedback! Oh well, I don't know how they sold out at 63,000 yen before taxes then... I guess I can always trade the bottle for something haha.
The Ichiro's hype is real. You got a good deal for sure as it's below what the hotel was charging and I'm sure you can trade it for something nice (and drinkable)
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
You can take them to go if you ask, but I believe they will limit you to 2 minis.
Honestly pouring out of a mini bottle for F passengers seems kind of tacky especially for a Japanese airline.
The number you can have and condition varies. I've had 0, 1, and 2 bottles upon request. Sometimes it's with seal on and sometimes it's with seal off.

Total YMMV basically.
invalyd likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:50 am

Well even for the Krug, they now have mini half bottles
Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by jashsu
The number you can have and condition varies. I've had 0, 1, and 2 bottles upon request. Sometimes it's with seal on and sometimes it's with seal off.

Total YMMV basically.
Phew, he reads this thread as well, i can now tell him its not entirely my fault for not getting any for him to go
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Anyone have experience with what's available flying intl out of KIX?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
KIX has moved entirely to lottery system. You can find details on their website.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Have to ask Carlos Ghosn on that one!
kirkwoodj, rustykettel and jashsu like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:01 am

Well went out to get some masks but ended up with whiskies.... at msrp so I couldn’t resist! Facial masks were mostly sold out tho...
AndyYamazaki likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers
For anyone that lives here and has a spare 3 million yen lying around: https://www.nomunication.jp/2020/01/...-55-years-old/
AndyYamazaki likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.