Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to reopen HND JAL First Class Lounge on Mar 29 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL to reopen HND JAL First Class Lounge on Mar 29 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:39 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Tonecold
The JAL website lists the schedule below for the First Class Lounge operating hours in HND for the month of July:

Mon 6:00 - 25:10
Tue 6:00 - 25:25
Wed 6:00 - 25:25
Thu 6:00 - 25:10
Fri 6:00 - 25:25
Sat 6:00 - 25:10

I know a lot has changed with Covid but I seem to recall there only being 24 hours in a day.

Is 25:xx supposed to be 1:00 AM?
Yes, that is basically 01:xx (+1) aka 1am the following day
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan; WN Rapid Rewards; DL SkyMiles; Mariott Bonvoy; Hilton Honors.
This may be one of the first signs that things are slowly starting to return to normal. Looks like the Sakura Lounge at Haneda is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays this month.
At Narita the Sakura Lounge is open 7 days a week but on an abbreviated schedule depending on the day.

Wonder if they will divert J class passengers over there on those days when they check in at the 1st lounge at Haneda? My trip is in November. Hoping the transit hotel is open by then.

JAL announced this on the website four days ago (22 July 2022)
Reference link...... https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/inter/200716/

Last edited by ACVFlyer; Jul 26, 2022 at 4:42 pm Reason: Was unable to format a table without the framework
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ACVFlyer
This may be one of the first signs that things are slowly starting to return to normal. Looks like the Sakura Lounge at Haneda is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays this month.
At Narita the Sakura Lounge is open 7 days a week but on an abbreviated schedule depending on the day.

Wonder if they will divert J class passengers over there on those days when they check in at the 1st lounge at Haneda? My trip is in November. Hoping the transit hotel is open by then.

JAL announced this on the website four days ago (22 July 2022)
Reference link...... https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/inter/200716/
Of course they will divert J class passengers to the Sakura Lounge when it is open, it. Is the J lounge. Why would they not?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:16 am

When I was their last week the sushi bar area was F/OWE/JGC diamond only and opened at 18:00, better sake and champagne not British sparkling. The salon opened at 19:00 and was similarly restricted. Lower status and a J passengers were limited to the old bit.
yabadoo likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by oldfolky
When I was their last week the sushi bar area was F/OWE/JGC diamond only and opened at 18:00, better sake and champagne not British sparkling. The salon opened at 19:00 and was similarly restricted. Lower status and a J passengers were limited to the old bit.
In the link above, under "Temporary Changes" its states this sentence:
  • Sushi Bar named “Shushi Tsurutei” in HND will be temporally closed from August 1, 2022.
The grammar isn't really clear on if it is just closed August 1, 2022, or it will be "temporarily" closed starting August 1, 2022
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by safari ari
In the link above, under "Temporary Changes" its states this sentence:

The grammar isn't really clear on if it is just closed August 1, 2022, or it will be "temporarily" closed starting August 1, 2022
The Sushi Tsurutei area was opened quite recently as part of accommodating the number of passengers before the Sakura Lounge was opened. From August 1st, the Sakura Lounge will be open all days for the same hours as the first class lounge, so I guess they estimate that they need fewer square meters open, and will close the sushi bar area again. This does not mean you can't order sushi, it will be available as before in the first class lounge.
safari ari likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime Plat Marriott
thanks for confirming JALPak!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Given that Sakura Lounges are now open, has the First Class lounge reverted back somewhat to better quality food and beverages? I see a comment up above about the British sparkling wine that was being served in the F lounge has been replaced by some other (assuming more prestigious) Champagne, but how about the food, any changes? And also to liquor, as they had downgraded even the liquor to non-premium brands.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yabadoo
Given that Sakura Lounges are now open, has the First Class lounge reverted back somewhat to better quality food and beverages? I see a comment up above about the British sparkling wine that was being served in the F lounge has been replaced by some other (assuming more prestigious) Champagne, but how about the food, any changes? And also to liquor, as they had downgraded even the liquor to non-premium brands.
The champagne is back to Laurent-Perrier. I don't know about the other parts of the drinks, but I will Sunday.
yabadoo, motef and reggiekush like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The champagne is back to Laurent-Perrier. I don't know about the other parts of the drinks, but I will Sunday.
Is this any good?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oldfolky
Opened at 18:00 until what time? What's the sushi like? High quality and different variety? Made fresh or pre-made?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yabadoo
This is today's selection of liquor, does look better than before, but I'll leave the judgement to someone more in to the details of what was offered when it was one lounge for all....

yabadoo likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
Is this any good?
Yes, that is a rather good NV bottle.
yabadoo and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
This is today's selection of liquor, does look better than before, but I'll leave the judgement to someone more in to the details of what was offered when it was one lounge for all....
Thanks for posting!

The Glenfiddich and Ballantines looks better and more promising, though the red wine and white choices I hope have also been upgraded.
How about the food, still the same limited selection off the online menu?
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You didn't visit the First Class lounge? I'm really curious about the sushi bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.