Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to reopen HND JAL First Class Lounge on Mar 29 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL to reopen HND JAL First Class Lounge on Mar 29 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2023 | 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yabadoo
Oh! That looks nice! Hope the regular LP Champagne and Hibiki/Yamazake whiskey is back as well.

Head upstairs for the single malt Yamazake. Smooth as ever
Old Mar 29, 2023 | 5:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by yabadoo
Oh! That looks nice! Hope the regular LP Champagne and Hibiki/Yamazake whiskey is back as well.

These 2 champagnes were in the lounge but didnt see LP. Joseph Perrier was only in the Red Suite when I was there.

Cant remember which Hibiki was in the Salon. Do you know?

I saw Yamazaki and was 12 yrs.
Old Mar 30, 2023 | 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I don't know anything about wine, but is Joseph Perrier any good? This was also offered at NRT F when I was there in January. I thought it tasted alright. Like I said, I'm not an expert. I wonder what the retail price of a bottle is?
Old Mar 30, 2023 | 8:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by lsquare
I don't know anything about wine, but is Joseph Perrier any good? This was also offered at NRT F when I was there in January. I thought it tasted alright. Like I said, I'm not an expert. I wonder what the retail price of a bottle is?
It is around 5000JPY on Rakuten Japan and $46 on wine.com. They had some fancy sparkling wine when I was at NRT last yr...
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023 | 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited3M100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SK Gold (STE+, LTG), UA 1K (*G),Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It is one of the relatively old and traditional, and respected champagne houses. It is not their prestige cuvee, but just the standard NV. It is a pretty solid champagne, not one of my preferred options when I buy champagne, and taste wise I would prefer the Laurent Perrier that JAL used to serve. But from a quality of product perspective, I would say the two are the same level. But taste is a personal point.
lsquare, Cthunder86 and DRAGON_fly like this.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Mar 30, 2023 at 6:10 pm
Old Mar 30, 2023 | 6:02 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
15 Years on Site

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
AY J also serves the Joseph Perrier Cuvee Royale Brut as their main onboard champagne on my ICN-HEL last month, not spectacular but nothing fundamentally wrong with it.
Old Mar 30, 2023 | 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by percysmith
AY J also serves the Joseph Perrier Cuvee Royale Brut as their main onboard champagne on my ICN-HEL last month, not spectacular but nothing fundamentally wrong with it.
I can't remember the specifics, but I was given a small bottle of JP flying AY LHR-HEL.
Old Mar 30, 2023 | 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SK Gold (STE+, LTG), UA 1K (*G),Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I can't remember the specifics, but I was given a small bottle of JP flying AY LHR-HEL.
Here in April, AY will discontinue champagne on short haul, and shift to sparkling wine.
Old Mar 30, 2023 | 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Here in April, AY will discontinue champagne on short haul, and shift to sparkling wine.
Old Jul 20, 2023 | 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Perfect timing for me to rediscover this thread. I'll be back in Tokyo in less than a month. Can someone please tell me the hours for the sushi bar?
Old Jul 20, 2023 | 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perfect timing for me to rediscover this thread. I'll be back in Tokyo in less than a month. Can someone please tell me the hours for the sushi bar?
Currently the sushi ends at 23:00, I think it starts at 07:00 or 07:30.
Old Jul 21, 2023 | 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Currently the sushi ends at 23:00, I think it starts at 07:00 or 07:30.
Is it throughout the day? I remember NRT F's sushi bar was only briefly during the morning and afternoon. I thought the sushi was good and I can't wait to compare NRT to HND.
Old Jul 25, 2023 | 10:40 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
The sushi is available on demand whenever the lounge is open. There are only a few varieties. The sushi restaurant is closed indefinitely.

I am currently in HND on a long layover and walked over to the Cathay J lounge. Much more comfortable seating and better food than JAL F lounge. I also think the bathrooms are nicer. There are luxury leather chairs with ottomans that are way more comfortable than the boards they call chairs at JAL F.

However no showers at Cathay. If I werent eligible for JAL F I would definitely choose the Cathay lounge over Sakura. JAL needs to up their lounge game.
Old Jul 25, 2023 | 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goldengate
The sushi is available on demand whenever the lounge is open. There are only a few varieties. The sushi restaurant is closed indefinitely.

I am currently in HND on a long layover and walked over to the Cathay J lounge. Much more comfortable seating and better food than JAL F lounge. I also think the bathrooms are nicer. There are luxury leather chairs with ottomans that are way more comfortable than the boards they call chairs at JAL F.

However no showers at Cathay. If I werent eligible for JAL F I would definitely choose the Cathay lounge over Sakura. JAL needs to up their lounge game.
It is not whenever the lounge is open, sushi is available from 7 or 7:30 in the morning, and then until 23. The lounge is open longer than that.
Old Jul 26, 2023 | 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

It is not whenever the lounge is open, sushi is available from 7 or 7:30 in the morning, and then until 23. The lounge is open longer than that.
23?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.