Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to reopen HND JAL First Class Lounge on Mar 29 2020

JAL to reopen HND JAL First Class Lounge on Mar 29 2020

Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by yabadoo
Thanks for posting!

The Glenfiddich and Ballantines looks better and more promising, though the red wine and white choices I hope have also been upgraded.
How about the food, still the same limited selection off the online menu?
It is still online ordering. I normally just get a few pieces of sushi so I am not too well versed in the menu. The akami and amaebi was rather good today by the way.
yabadoo and lsquare like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Any update on food and beverage offerings currently been that it's been a few weeks since they started slowly upgrading the offerings and also Sakura lounge now open that the F lounge is truly reverting to F class of catering?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Any update on food and beverage offerings currently been that it's been a few weeks since they started slowly upgrading the offerings and also Sakura lounge now open that the F lounge is truly reverting to F class of catering?
I can report back on the Narita lounge Tuesday.

To be honest, apart from the period with the teppanyaki grill in Haneda, I am not sure I would say that JAL ever really offered great first class selections in their lounges. But I guess it depends on what you mean with it. It has been good, but compared to QF, LH, QR, or CX the JL first class lounges has always been a bit behind. Of course compared to the BA Galleries First lounges it has always been a bit better.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I can report back on the Narita lounge Tuesday.

To be honest, apart from the period with the teppanyaki grill in Haneda, I am not sure I would say that JAL ever really offered great first class selections in their lounges. But I guess it depends on what you mean with it. It has been good, but compared to QF, LH, QR, or CX the JL first class lounges has always been a bit behind. Of course compared to the BA Galleries First lounges it has always been a bit better.
I am transiting this Saturday at HND so will get a flavor of what its like right now, but the very limited menu that was available during the last 12 months was pretty grim. The Narita lounge had good food generally, nothing spectacular but nevertheless not bad, and there were several canapes and small plates you could pick from apart from the sushi table of course. Also, the Red Salon had a pretty impressive selection of whiskeys and Champagne was also pretty good. I never got to visit Haneda pre-Covid but would have imagined it wasn't that much different. Given the choices it's not at all bad, but I would say QR and CX F lounges in Doha and Hong Kong respectively are leagues ahead of JL.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
What time is the sushi bar operating at HND anyone knows?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by db07mufan
According to https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/202...716/index.html
Sushi Bar named Shushi Tsurutei in HND will be temporally closed from August 1, 2022.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by db07mufan
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
The area where bar is located is closed, but it can still be ordered from the app.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:49 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The area where bar is located is closed, but it can still be ordered from the app.
Yes, correct. Did not realize db07mufan could be just looking for the food, not the bar itself.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 6:26 pm

Has the JAL First Class Lounge at HND resumed normal service with buffet offerings and order at the counter? The last year or so plus was all order through the App and it was very limited menu, has this now expanded and become more full service and all parts of the lounge now open given that passengers have now returned to traveling in and out of Haneda?
Old Mar 22, 2023, 6:31 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Has the JAL First Class Lounge at HND resumed normal service with buffet offerings and order at the counter? The last year or so plus was all order through the App and it was very limited menu, has this now expanded and become more full service and all parts of the lounge now open given that passengers have now returned to traveling in and out of Haneda?
Other than having just 1 ramen option, I did not notice a reduced menu choice via the App compared to pre-covid choices at the counter.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Other than having just 1 ramen option, I did not notice a reduced menu choice via the App compared to pre-covid choices at the counter.
I did. It improved by the time I was last there in October but earlier last year in April 2022 it was slim choices. However, are they still using the App or has that now gone away?
Old Mar 22, 2023, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did. It improved by the time I was last there in October but earlier last year in April 2022 it was slim choices. However, are they still using the App or has that now gone away?
A few option has been added recently, including a burger slider.

Old Mar 22, 2023, 6:53 pm

Oh! That looks nice! Hope the regular LP Champagne and Hibiki/Yamazake whiskey is back as well.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh! That looks nice! Hope the regular LP Champagne and Hibiki/Yamazake whiskey is back as well.
Joseph Perrier and a new champagne option that I forget the name of is the current selection.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
How does the food and drink in the lounge compare to F on the plane?

Last edited by beachfan; Mar 24, 2023 at 10:53 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.