Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to reopen HND JAL First Class Lounge on Mar 29 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL to reopen HND JAL First Class Lounge on Mar 29 2020

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2023 | 8:43 pm
Original Poster
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
15 Years on Site

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bernardtch
I have 2 questions on JAL F Lounge, anyone can help to clear my doubt?

Question #1 : for HND Lounge at JAL website, they mention INTERNATIONAL LOUNGE and DOMESTIC LOUNGE. what does domestic lounge means? is it Sakura Lounge?
Question #2 : If im travelling from LHR to FUK (LHR/HND & HND/FUK) with 4hrs transit in HND, 1st International sector from LHR to HND (T3) on JAL F, but 2nd sector Domestic flt from HND (T1) to FUK on JAL EY , am i eligible to enter the F class Lounge at T3 upon arrival at HND during the same day transit?

Im confused with the description in JAL website, it stated "passengers flying First/Business Class on an International flight are eligible to use the lounge at departure airport and connecting airport.", but the picture shows connecting airport is "DOMESTIC LOUNGE". cant really understand what they mean by 'Domestic Lounge'. It would be glad if i can visit the "Red Suite" which was in HND F class Lounge at T3 during my transit
You will only have access to the domestic lounges at T1
Old Oct 24, 2023 | 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited3M100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SK Gold (STE+, LTG), UA 1K (*G),Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bernardtch
I have 2 questions on JAL F Lounge, anyone can help to clear my doubt?

Question #1 : for HND Lounge at JAL website, they mention INTERNATIONAL LOUNGE and DOMESTIC LOUNGE. what does domestic lounge means? is it Sakura Lounge?
Question #2 : If im travelling from LHR to FUK (LHR/HND & HND/FUK) with 4hrs transit in HND, 1st International sector from LHR to HND (T3) on JAL F, but 2nd sector Domestic flt from HND (T1) to FUK on JAL EY , am i eligible to enter the F class Lounge at T3 upon arrival at HND during the same day transit?

Im confused with the description in JAL website, it stated "passengers flying First/Business Class on an International flight are eligible to use the lounge at departure airport and connecting airport.", but the picture shows connecting airport is "DOMESTIC LOUNGE". cant really understand what they mean by 'Domestic Lounge'. It would be glad if i can visit the "Red Suite" which was in HND F class Lounge at T3 during my transit
The international lounges are in T3, and requires an international departing flight. There are the Sakura lounges and the first class lounge. The domestic lounges are in T1 and for passengers departing on domestic flights. There is a Sakura lounge and a Diamond Premier lounge in each of the North Wing and South Wing.

Question 2, no you can't access the international first class lounge in T3, you will have to go through immigration, bag claim and customs. After that, you have to move to T1 where you can access the Diamond Premier Lounge.
Old Nov 14, 2023 | 7:20 pm
koi

I have a flight coming up in the new year connecting through Haneda overnight, and I'm trying to book a hotel,
My flight the next day is at 10:30 AM, and I'm trying to decide if I should get a room with breakfast which costs 2000 yen more, or if I should just have the breakfast in the JAL first-class lounge (I have AA Plat Pro).
Does anyone have any experience having breakfast in JAL's first-class lounge? The last time I was there in the afternoon, I wasn't too impressed...
Any thoughts??
Old Nov 14, 2023 | 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SK Gold (STE+, LTG), UA 1K (*G),Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by koi
I have a flight coming up in the new year connecting through Haneda overnight, and I'm trying to book a hotel,
My flight the next day is at 10:30 AM, and I'm trying to decide if I should get a room with breakfast which costs 2000 yen more, or if I should just have the breakfast in the JAL first-class lounge (I have AA Plat Pro).
Does anyone have any experience having breakfast in JAL's first-class lounge? The last time I was there in the afternoon, I wasn't too impressed...
Any thoughts??
There is a western set with scrambled eggs, sausages, and bacon, you can add some bread to that. Then there is a Japanese breakfast set, which is quite nice if you appreciate a Japanese style breakfast. Then there is the sushi and ramen as most of the day. And probably a few items that I forget. It is not a huge solid breakfast, but I never eat at home before catching a morning flight, though admittedly my breakfasts normally tend to be on the light side.

If you are in a Japanese business hotel, Villa Fontaine etc, their breakfast is probably not going to be significantly more substantial than the lounge. So it also depends on the specifics of the hotel.
The _Banking_Scot and koi like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023 | 7:35 pm
koi

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There is a western set with scrambled eggs, sausages, and bacon, you can add some bread to that. Then there is a Japanese breakfast set, which is quite nice if you appreciate a Japanese style breakfast. Then there is the sushi and ramen as most of the day. And probably a few items that I forget. It is not a huge solid breakfast, but I never eat at home before catching a morning flight, though admittedly my breakfasts normally tend to be on the light side.

If you are in a Japanese business hotel, Villa Fontaine etc, their breakfast is probably not going to be significantly more substantial than the lounge. So it also depends on the specifics of the hotel.
thanks!! Villa Fontaine was exactly where I was going to stay, I guess I'll skip hotel breakfast and head to the airside sooner. Unless there's a must-try breakfast place on the ground side?
Old Nov 15, 2023 | 10:43 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by koi
Any thoughts??
The CX J lounge breakfast is quite pleasant too. Noodle bar, some small plates, French toast.
koi and OWF_NYC_SIN like this.
Old Dec 3, 2023 | 4:55 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
I wasn’t aware the JL salon floor at HND (ie the location for Yamazaki 12) is closed for most of the afternoon and re-opens at 19:00. This was not ideal for JL 4 to JFK. I had to chuckle…JL always seems a bit cheap with premium provisioning. At the end it wasn’t too bad as I had bites to eat on the lower floor then migrated to the Salon when it opened just before boarding. Still, the hours seemed intentional to discourage use
Old Dec 3, 2023 | 5:03 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
15 Years on Site

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
I wasnt aware the JL salon floor at HND (ie the location for Yamazaki 12) is closed for most of the afternoon and re-opens at 19:00. This was not ideal for JL 4 to JFK. I had to chuckleJL always seems a bit cheap with premium provisioning. At the end it wasnt too bad as I had bites to eat on the lower floor then migrated to the Salon when it opened just before boarding. Still, the hours seemed intentional to discourage use
But good for JL41 to LHR?
Old Dec 3, 2023 | 5:11 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by percysmith
But good for JL41 to LHR?
Very good for JL41. I dont remember the exact closing time, but the evening hours were extensive, from 1900 to 2400 or 2500.
Old Dec 3, 2023 | 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lrdpenn
I wasnt aware the JL salon floor at HND (ie the location for Yamazaki 12) is closed for most of the afternoon and re-opens at 19:00. This was not ideal for JL 4 to JFK. I had to chuckleJL always seems a bit cheap with premium provisioning. At the end it wasnt too bad as I had bites to eat on the lower floor then migrated to the Salon when it opened just before boarding. Still, the hours seemed intentional to discourage use
It is more a question of needed space, and hence the cost of keeping staff in multiple locations. And tbh, the layout is not good as even at peak times, the Salon always seems to vacated. The Yamaziki is probably more a question of trying to get people to spread out, yet the advertising of its presence is pretty poor.
Old Dec 7, 2023 | 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Shoe shine service at hnd jal lounge

Hi

Not sure if this has been posted but looks like the shoe shine service is back at hal hnd f lounge as there was a sign saying it would be back at 1430.
very good lounge and quiet at 1130 prior to my ba flight back to lhr
sake was very good

Regards

Tbs
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023 | 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Not sure if this has been posted but looks like the shoe shine service is back at hal hnd f lounge as there was a sign saying it would be back at 1430.
sake was very good

Regards

Tbs
That would be great news. I'll wear my nice shoes Sunday just in case it is back.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023 | 12:34 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: JGC Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

sake was very good

Regards

Tbs
I honestly missed the shoe shine service. The service was always friendly and excellent.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023 | 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hay Yau
I honestly missed the shoe shine service. The service was always friendly and excellent.
I have missed it a lot. The guy mostly running the service at night in Haneda was really nice.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023 | 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So the shoe shine service is indeed back in Haneda, it starts from 7am. There was no indication of closing time, but when I arrived at 22:15 it was already closed. In the old days it was until 23:00 so one can hope that eventually happens again.

Though I have to say, the lounge sees a lot less footfall in the evenings than it did prepandemic. So I guess the JGCP, Diamond, and OWE population has taken a hit.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.