Wiki Posts
Search

JAL award availability

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:55 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mitellic
Anyone have any idea of my chances of 2 F seats opening up on SYD-NRT-SYD in July? My dates are 8/07 return 24/7 currently no F award seats, but I believe the cabin is either completely empty or perhaps with 1 pax at the moment.

When do these open up? Or is it a bit random?
F seat map is not a reliable source for checking load.

Waitlist is the best you could do for now assuming you are using JMB award. Seats could be released at any time between now and your flight (or not at all).

Otherwise, you will have to check with experts from your own program to see when inventory is refreshed/released.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by mitellic
Anyone have any idea of my chances of 2 F seats opening up on SYD-NRT-SYD in July? My dates are 8/07 return 24/7 currently no F award seats, but I believe the cabin is either completely empty or perhaps with 1 pax at the moment.

When do these open up? Or is it a bit random?
Just put it on a waitlist and you'll see.

Waitlist may clear at 30, may be 60 or 90, days out, and if not then closer in. Than closer in you go, than more likely you are to clear if you are waitlisted. If you are not waitlisted, then you may never see the flights open...or you may (e.g. when someone cancels, or JL releases add'l seats).
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
I'm looking for ORD-NRT on July 12 or 13 on Biz. BA shows 4 seats but AA can't see it. Is BA showing phantom or AA rep not competent? Any ideas?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by johnnie198x
I'm looking for ORD-NRT on July 12 or 13 on Biz. BA shows 4 seats but AA can't see it. Is BA showing phantom or AA rep not competent? Any ideas?
Easy. Just search on www.ar.jal.com and see is it real or not.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:42 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Easy. Just search on www.ar.jal.com and see is it real or not.
He's redeeming via AA grocery coupons not JMB miles. He should refer to AA forum for their help.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
He's redeeming via AA grocery coupons not JMB miles. He should refer to AA forum for their help.
Yes, for booking and such booking issues indeed. But for checking availability and finding out is it actually available or not, it's fair game to ask here, as JL has, thankfully, just one tier of availability (it's either available or not).
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by johnnie198x
I can see 4 on the 12th on JAL's homepage.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:27 am

is there no way to waitlist for multiple flights for example one leaving on the 15th and another leaving on the 16th to better increase my chances of getting one?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by xnknown
is there no way to waitlist for multiple flights for example one leaving on the 15th and another leaving on the 16th to better increase my chances of getting one?
If I recall correctly, you can waitlist on two flights on the same route the same day (may be it was three, but I am pretty sure it's two). You can probably also waitlist on two flights a day apart. Just would need to do it by phone, can't do that online.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 2:37 pm

If I recall correctly, you can waitlist on two flights on the same route the same day (may be it was three, but I am pretty sure it's two). You can probably also waitlist on two flights a day apart. Just would need to do it by phone, can't do that online.
i just called in and had them add a second flight however it seems that its on the same reservation as my previous flight, is it supposed to be on the same reservation? isn't supposed to be a separate one?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:10 pm

i just called in and had them add a second flight however it seems that its on the same reservation as my previous flight, is it supposed to be on the same reservation? isn't supposed to be a separate one?
Yes, has to be on the same reservation. If it was on a separate one, that would be viewed as a double booking and likely auto canceled, for one or both (I speculate).

When it's on the same reservation it is very clear to JAL res. that you want to fly from XXX to YYY on one of the two flights that you have waitlisted. Even when one clears, you can still keep the other one waitlisted if you prefer the other one. That way it's setup clean and logical for all eventualities.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:56 pm

Yes, has to be on the same reservation. If it was on a separate one, that would be viewed as a double booking and likely auto canceled, for one or both (I speculate).

When it's on the same reservation it is very clear to JAL res. that you want to fly from XXX to YYY on one of the two flights that you have waitlisted. Even when one clears, you can still keep the other one waitlisted if you prefer the other one. That way it's setup clean and logical for all eventualities.
so if one clears while i have two on the reservation do i just cancel the other one and then ticket the cleared one?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:00 pm

so if one clears while i have two on the reservation do i just cancel the other one and then ticket the cleared one?
Exactly. And if you want the other one (that is still waitlisted), you can still keep it on there as WL, and if that clears then reticket to that flight from the one you were already confirmed on.

That's the one good thing about JL and waitlist.

Downside is I think you can only have two waitlisted flights. JL often has 3, 4, or even 5 daily flights on routes, so if you want to, say, WL every flight HNL-TYO (5 per day), you cannot - you can only do 2.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone know if JL releases more than 4J at at time? Looking to grab 6 and was thinking to book 4 first and hope for 2 more.. looking at LAX-NRT
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by frudd38
Anyone know if JL releases more than 4J at at time? Looking to grab 6 and was thinking to book 4 first and hope for 2 more.. looking at LAX-NRT
4 are released 330 days out. I would not expect to see more, especially on LAX-NRT. The route tends to sell pretty well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.