Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL award availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I am looking at JL TYO-HKG availability in late December, using either QF or CX miles, for 4 people. I assume that there is no F between this two city pairs? Also how likely does JL release 4 J seats in this route?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kamchatsky
I am looking at JL TYO-HKG availability in late December, using either QF or CX miles, for 4 people. I assume that there is no F between this two city pairs? Also how likely does JL release 4 J seats in this route?
Indeed no F. It should be possible to get 4, but you probably need to book on the day of release.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Indeed no F. It should be possible to get 4, but you probably need to book on the day of release.
Is that 330 days out?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:32 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kamchatsky
Is that 330 days out?
You need to check with folks on CX and QF boards.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by JALPak
You need to check with folks on CX and QF boards.
It'll be practically always the same (so yes, 330 days), as the ticketing carrier generally doesn't restrict the availability or the timing of it and simply passes it through.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ
It'll be practically always the same (so yes, 330 days), as the ticketing carrier generally doesn't restrict the availability or the timing of it and simply passes it through.
Not really. Check out CX and BA awards for AA redemption for example. This is exactly why non-JMB redemption related questions should be asked somewhere else as we don't always know the rules of every FFP.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
Not really. Check out CX and BA awards for AA redemption for example. This is exactly why non-JMB redemption related questions should be asked somewhere else as we don't always know the rules of every FFP.
CX is 364 days, and QF is 356 days, BA is like 350 days. So all good. I will wait for end of the month.

CX is not showing any award availability between Christmas and New Year for TYO-HKG flights, not even economy. I guess it just shows how popular that route is, especially to Hong Kongers. I have just booked CX KIX-HKG Y awards for now. Hopefully when JL opens up I can book HND-HKG direct.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
2 F awards now available today's JL5

Howdy - I apologize if this is not the correct place to post. I just cancelled two awards on today's JL 5 JFK-NRT. Per the BA site they are available at saver level. While the flight leaves in a couple hours, I did want to share in case someone could make use at the last minute.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: JAL Sapphire, Cathay Pacific Silver, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond,
I am having some troubles finding a LHR - SAN for early August (Business Class). May I ask if I am too late or too early to book this award ticket?

I tried looking up on AA and BA and I do see some availabilities but not on the JMB portal.

Any advice would be great!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ReiWong
I am having some troubles finding a LHR - SAN for early August (Business Class). May I ask if I am too late or too early to book this award ticket?

I tried looking up on AA and BA and I do see some availabilities but not on the JMB portal.

Any advice would be great!
Early August is peak summer vacation time in Europe. You are probably a late comer for the award seats.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
I will be trying to get two awards in JL biz using AA miles for travel sometime next Jan 2018 for HNL-NRT-HAN. I know the inventory is not posted yet and only award two seats are allocated and often get scooped up the day they post. However, the HNL-NRT leg departs one day sooner than the connecting NRT-HAN leg departs. As such, one can search (and hopefully book) the HNL-NRT award then wait one day for the NRT-HAN award.

My question is whether or not JL or AA can link or merge the two PNRs if the awards are booked on two separate days (two separate awards) or hold but not book the HNL-NRT award for one day then book NRT-HAN on the same PNR to have it as one award (Hawaii to Asia2) to save miles versus two separate awards? Is this risky as the hold of the first award might somehow disappear before the second is booked?

Aside from saving the miles, my other concern is the checking through of checked luggage if it is on two separate PNRs so I don't have to retrieve it at NRT. Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by inlanikai
I will be trying to get two awards in JL biz using AA miles for travel sometime next Jan 2018 for HNL-NRT-HAN. I know the inventory is not posted yet and only award two seats are allocated and often get scooped up the day they post. However, the HNL-NRT leg departs one day sooner than the connecting NRT-HAN leg departs. As such, one can search (and hopefully book) the HNL-NRT award then wait one day for the NRT-HAN award.

My question is whether or not JL or AA can link or merge the two PNRs if the awards are booked on two separate days (two separate awards) or hold but not book the HNL-NRT award for one day then book NRT-HAN on the same PNR to have it as one award (Hawaii to Asia2) to save miles versus two separate awards? Is this risky as the hold of the first award might somehow disappear before the second is booked?

Aside from saving the miles, my other concern is the checking through of checked luggage if it is on two separate PNRs so I don't have to retrieve it at NRT. Thanks.
Please check the AA board as this isn't a JMB redemption.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Nvm. Asked on the JAL->EK thread.

Last edited by cdancer20; Jan 23, 2017 at 12:53 pm
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I am trying to get an Award ticket in F between Tokyo-Paris/London. Looks like JAL is not releasing seats even though I see up to 6 seats for sale for March period.
I am just curious, when will they release these seats for redemption with partner airlines?

Thanks.

Cheers!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I am trying to get an Award ticket in F between Tokyo-Paris/London. Looks like JAL is not releasing seats even though I see up to 6 seats for sale for March period.
I am just curious, when will they release these seats for redemption with partner airlines?

Thanks.

Cheers!
Recently, JAL has been releasing a lot of seats two weeks out if the cabin is wide open. It has not been the standard procedure earlier, so I don't know if it is going to last. Just be aware that JMB members can wait list for upgrades from J or for award seats. So even if they are released, you may not see them for partner redemptions, as they are assigned to the wait lists.

In periods, they might not even release any even though there are 6 available for revenue booking.
​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.