Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
Migration date: Nov 16 2017

Handling Procedure Changes: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss/dom/
  • Domestic ticket/awards will be valid for 1 year from the day after issuance date
  • Single 6 alphanumeric PNR will be used for entire itinerary instead of 4 digit PNR for each sector on domestic flights
  • No longer allows separation payments of Y and Class J/Domestic F upgrade fees
  • Credit card number will no longer be accepted as authentication method
  • Fares eligible for waitlisting will be reduced but deadline will be extended from T-48 to T-24
  • Can no longer change to an earlier flight when flying on domestic awards
  • ePoints will be refundable on awards and can specify the amount allocated on multiple passengers instead of splitting them equally
  • Some other ePoints enhancements on award tax/fee payments, JALPAK package payment will be refundable, etc

A lot more changes coming e.g. surface sector won't be included in total mileage calculation for award redemption: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/jmb/inter.html

Upcoming system outages and OLCI suspensions/changes: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/maintenance/?inbound=ar
Print Wikipost

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by qxk970517
Kinds of confused about this rule. Does it means if I purchased Y class and I am not be able to pay 1,000/8,000Yen at airport for upgrade to J/F?
Thanks.
No, airport upgrades will still be available. What's changing is that the Class J/F surcharge will be incorporated into the fare for those cabins rather than be an add-on so to book one of those, you have to do so at booking or pay the refund/cancellation fee (if allowed?). See Payment for First Class/Class J & To change ticket class after purchase sections under the Domestic tab on https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss/dom/
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:14 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Ticketing is working overtime today apparently. Just got an email from them regarding my Yokoso ticket 7 more hours to go. Let the chaos begin
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Ticketing is working overtime today apparently. Just got an email from them regarding my Yokoso ticket 7 more hours to go. Let the chaos begin
I hope they are being trained to handle any problems that may pop up!
頑張って!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALlover
I hope they are being trained to handle any problems that may pop up!
頑張って!
Remember how CX was few years ago when they did the switch? I hope Amadeus team isn’t the issue there.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: QFF
Remember how CX was few years ago when they did the switch? I hope Amadeus team isn’t the issue there.
Didn't that create days of problems?

I have JL36 into HND tonight, JL107 tomorrow morning, then JL138>JL35 on Sat night/Sun morn.
2.5 hours tomorrow morning to get through immigration, drop bags, collect portable wifi, forex, recharge ICOCA, and security and bus over to domestic. Really don't need Amadeus switch over problems to get in the way.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Himeno
Didn't that create days of problems?

I have JL36 into HND tonight, JL107 tomorrow morning, then JL138>JL35 on Sat night/Sun morn.
2.5 hours tomorrow morning to get through immigration, drop bags, collect portable wifi, forex, recharge ICOCA, and security and bus over to domestic. Really don't need Amadeus switch over problems to get in the way.
Yes, site was down for couple of days and people had problem checking in as CX couldn’t locate the ticket. It was simply horrible. At least JL isn’t switching all flights/airports at once so hopefully this will help. And JL seems to have this planned pretty well with lots of communications so we will find out in a few hours
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

The OLCI page seems to be up but it now redirects to Amadeus website. Anyone with flights in the next 24 hours want to try to see if it is working or not?

https://checkin.si.amadeus.net/stati...identification
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

As expected, the seat blocking has changed. I was able to change my seats to better ones. E.g. 5A, 1A, etc were blocked for full fare ticket but I was able to select them now
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Anyone else having problems fetching their reservations via JMB number? I could search via PNR...and my Yokoso ticket is missing the first sector from the reservation page.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: CX JL QR LH BA
I have an international round trip on JAL and a few domestic yokoso ticketed, all done on Nov 14-15, because it would have cost more on or after Nov 16.

The former is booked with BA, and has a PNR(a) with BA, with which, upon calling BA, a JL specific one was issued PNR(b). The yokoso was booked with local ticketing office, and issued with PNR(c)

All bookings are associated with a CX membership.

The problems experienced so far:
1. I am able to use (a) on most OW airline manage booking page (BA/QR/QF) and not on JL. But such access bring little utility, other than viewing the flight schedule.
2. I am able to use (b) on JL site to retrieve booking info, and select seats. But when I try to issue a pdf/email e-ticket with seat selection, system returns error. Call centre says only BA can issue the e-ticket given it's booked with BA. But BA site won't even allow seat selection, and the extra steps in obtaining separate PNR to work on JAL site is already quite stealthy.
3. (c) could not show itinerary on JL site (other than the first sector departure and arrival airport code) before Nov 16 (when clicking on details, it will just prompt error.), and when attempted today, shows the full itinerary, but has the international sectors attached to it.

What I wish to achieve is for both international sector and domestic to show on my CX profile, but I can't seem to use (b) or (c) on CX, which uses amadeus. What will happen to tickets issued before Nov 16, will a new amadeus PNR be generated for them? If so, how to retrieve it.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashsong
I have an international round trip on JAL and a few domestic yokoso ticketed, all done on Nov 14-15, because it would have cost more on or after Nov 16.

The former is booked with BA, and has a PNR(a) with BA, with which, upon calling BA, a JL specific one was issued PNR(b). The yokoso was booked with local ticketing office, and issued with PNR(c)

All bookings are associated with a CX membership.

The problems experienced so far:
1. I am able to use (a) on most OW airline manage booking page (BA/QR/QF) and not on JL. But such access bring little utility, other than viewing the flight schedule.
2. I am able to use (b) on JL site to retrieve booking info, and select seats. But when I try to issue a pdf/email e-ticket with seat selection, system returns error. Call centre says only BA can issue the e-ticket given it's booked with BA. But BA site won't even allow seat selection, and the extra steps in obtaining separate PNR to work on JAL site is already quite stealthy.
3. (c) could not show itinerary on JL site (other than the first sector departure and arrival airport code) before Nov 16 (when clicking on details, it will just prompt error.), and when attempted today, shows the full itinerary, but has the international sectors attached to it.

What I wish to achieve is for both international sector and domestic to show on my CX profile, but I can't seem to use (b) or (c) on CX, which uses amadeus. What will happen to tickets issued before Nov 16, will a new amadeus PNR be generated for them? If so, how to retrieve it.
Yes, there's a new Amadeus PNR. If you retrieve your booking using the old JL PNR, it will display the new Amadeus PNR on the top of the page.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: CX JL QR LH BA
Thanks.

What is the "Priority guest" thing with JAL, under "Passenger information"?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashsong
Thanks.

What is the "Priority guest" thing with JAL, under "Passenger information"?
Are you pregnant, blind, etc? If so, please request for special assistance.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
As expected, the seat blocking has changed. I was able to change my seats to better ones. E.g. 5A, 1A, etc were blocked for full fare ticket but I was able to select them now
Seat blocking seems to be almost gone. I can also freely pick rows in economy class that were blocked before. Like row 23ABC or 46ABC on the 777-300ER. Not good news for booking last minute and hoping the airport team can arrange a good seat.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Seat blocking seems to be almost gone. I can also freely pick rows in economy class that were blocked before. Like row 23ABC or 46ABC on the 777-300ER. Not good news for booking last minute and hoping the airport team can arrange a good seat.
may just be for JMB elites. Remember there’s a change to international front cabin seat selection benefit after the migration. That’s why seat selection was the first thing I check when the system was back up and I was able to grab 5A with X fare on SS7 well I was on 5K before but just want to grab 5A for the sake of it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.