Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
Migration date: Nov 16 2017

Handling Procedure Changes: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss/dom/
  • Domestic ticket/awards will be valid for 1 year from the day after issuance date
  • Single 6 alphanumeric PNR will be used for entire itinerary instead of 4 digit PNR for each sector on domestic flights
  • No longer allows separation payments of Y and Class J/Domestic F upgrade fees
  • Credit card number will no longer be accepted as authentication method
  • Fares eligible for waitlisting will be reduced but deadline will be extended from T-48 to T-24
  • Can no longer change to an earlier flight when flying on domestic awards
  • ePoints will be refundable on awards and can specify the amount allocated on multiple passengers instead of splitting them equally
  • Some other ePoints enhancements on award tax/fee payments, JALPAK package payment will be refundable, etc

A lot more changes coming e.g. surface sector won't be included in total mileage calculation for award redemption: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/jmb/inter.html

Upcoming system outages and OLCI suspensions/changes: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/maintenance/?inbound=ar
Print Wikipost

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:38 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Looks like it till take a few months to finish the switch. Aviation Wire reports terminals at the airports will all be switched to the new system by March 2018
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booking from the Japan side.

International ticket we lost the ability to choose domestic flights. (earlier flights or later flights depending on arrival or departures)
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumitani

International ticket we lost the ability to choose domestic flights. (earlier flights or later flights depending on arrival or departures)
CRAP! Now the Japan site has the same crappy UI as the overseas site! I love the old Japanese reservation page more!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:02 am
Original Poster

There's a "More Flights" button at the bottom but it's still not the same as the old Japan region which is way more flexible!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just called JAL wait time was not too bad about 5 minutes not different to usual.

So my ticket purchased before the transition is not subject to the reticketing fee. Purchases from today will incur the ticketing fee.

So all my ex bkk tickets will get charged 3500baht + 1500 baht ticketing fee per change now starting when i arrive bkk soon
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:07 am

Hope they will fix this soon.

I wanted to book NRT/HND - HKG discounted J tickets yesterday but didn't make it due to the migration. Checked it again today and it seems to become cheaper now. OT, Iooking forward to try their new Sky Suite III later. Any thoughts about it?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fish0105
Hope they will fix this soon.

I wanted to book NRT/HND - HKG discounted J tickets yesterday but didn't make it due to the migration. Checked it again today and it seems to become cheaper now. OT, Iooking forward to try their new Sky Suite III later. Any thoughts about it?
NRT-HKG is much better in terms on seats. You can find those discussions on different threads.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
CRAP! Now the Japan site has the same crappy UI as the overseas site! I love the old Japanese reservation page more!
we use to be able to see the amount of seats left for each sector.

The new platform is quite buggy. It only shows very high ticket fares.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:16 am
Original Poster

we use to be able to see the amount of seats left for each sector.

The new platform is quite buggy. It only shows very high ticket fares.
Yea and not to mention the old system was so much faster! The site is so slow now.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
NRT-HKG is much better in terms on seats. You can find those discussions on different threads.
Just booked JL735 and JL029, JL736 is too early for me.

Return to the business, the booking experience was fine for me though it have some flaws like you guys have mentioned. (Or may be I just get used to the more crappy CX booking system)

I like the new fancy UI more than the old one, but still hope they are going to improve it.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: JGC premier
Tried to log in with my jmb no. None of my reservation shows up on the screen (all int’l flights). Have an upcoming flight on Monday, hopefully everything gets fixed by then.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bakaneko85
Tried to log in with my jmb no. None of my reservation shows up on the screen (all int’l flights). Have an upcoming flight on Monday, hopefully everything gets fixed by then.
A colleague of mine had the same problem when looking at the Japan region site in English. Accessing it in Japanese showed all bookings as normal.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bakaneko85
the website team seems to be working on it but I have no faith they will resolve all of my booking related problems any time soon
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:11 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Has all award availability disappeared with this switch over? Any idea when it will come back for booking?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
A colleague of mine had the same problem when looking at the Japan region site in English. Accessing it in Japanese showed all bookings as normal.
That trick doesn't work for me. Tried logging in the NA region Japanese site and pulling records using Japan region site via PNR. Still have the same problems on my bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.