Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
Migration date: Nov 16 2017

Handling Procedure Changes: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss/dom/
  • Domestic ticket/awards will be valid for 1 year from the day after issuance date
  • Single 6 alphanumeric PNR will be used for entire itinerary instead of 4 digit PNR for each sector on domestic flights
  • No longer allows separation payments of Y and Class J/Domestic F upgrade fees
  • Credit card number will no longer be accepted as authentication method
  • Fares eligible for waitlisting will be reduced but deadline will be extended from T-48 to T-24
  • Can no longer change to an earlier flight when flying on domestic awards
  • ePoints will be refundable on awards and can specify the amount allocated on multiple passengers instead of splitting them equally
  • Some other ePoints enhancements on award tax/fee payments, JALPAK package payment will be refundable, etc

A lot more changes coming e.g. surface sector won't be included in total mileage calculation for award redemption: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/jmb/inter.html

Upcoming system outages and OLCI suspensions/changes: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/maintenance/?inbound=ar
Print Wikipost

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This new system is terrible. I'm having a hard time finding seats now.

Also the ability to pick different domestic flights has been removed and was very useful to me.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
That trick doesn't work for me. Tried logging in the NA region Japanese site and pulling records using Japan region site via PNR. Still have the same problems on my bookings.
It could seem like the Japan region Japanese site has far fewer issues, maybe as that is the site with the fewest changes as well.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: JGC premier
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It could seem like the Japan region Japanese site has far fewer issues, maybe as that is the site with the fewest changes as well.
not really, I am actually logged in to Japan region website in Japanese. Oh well, since presumably online check in wouldn’t work I guess i’ll just have to come earlier to the airport. Luckily my upcoming flight is int’l, on domestic flight I usually barely meet the 15 min deadline to pass securith before flight time.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:59 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by fumitani
This new system is terrible. I'm having a hard time finding seats now.

Also the ability to pick different domestic flights has been removed and was very useful to me.
file a complaint! I want the old seat blocking back lol
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

file a complaint! I want the old seat blocking back lol
will file one soon as soon as i figure out all the problems and tricks with the new site
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Worked out well for me. Dropped my seat assignments on BKK-NRT-LAX flight, but was then able to get 2A on 787 Neo leg (was in 2nd cabin before) and 5A on 777 sky suite portion.
Seemed like many seats were still assigned, so I'm not clear why some people's assignments were dropped and it appears others were not. FWIW, I'm on an AS award ticket

Last edited by Asquared1; Nov 17, 2017 at 6:47 pm
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Asquared1
Worked out well for me. Dropped my seat assignments on BKK-NRT-LAX flight, but was then able to get 2A on 787 Neo leg (was in 2nd cabin before) and 5A on 777 sky suite portion.
Seemed like many seats were still assigned, so I'm not clear why some people's assignments were dropped and it appears others were not. FWIW, I'm on an AS award ticket
Do you have status with oneworld? 5A should have been a blocked seat for non-status passenger.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Tried changing seats on an existing premigration reservation. Just goes to System Error at the top of the page and then changes the segment to unavailable for seat selection.
Still broken today. Unrelated to my issue, but may be of interest to others:
Due to migration of Passenger Service System taken place on November 16 2017, we are experiencing system difficulty for the re-booking (date change) function. Please contact to the call center in case of re-booking.Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Wish that the website would finally use cookies to store region/language information rather than needing to reselect each time.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Still broken today. Unrelated to my issue, but may be of interest to others:

Wish that the website would finally use cookies to store region/language information rather than needing to reselect each time.
I am pretty sure Amadeus is the problem. Even checkmytrips have problem displaying my reservation

have you you tried using AY website for seat selection?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:35 pm

Well....after the migration. Still cannot book NU flights with JEP system.

And not ready to pay 50 dollars in service charge for something I can do online before. JL really needs to fix this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALlover
Well....after the migration. Still cannot book NU flights with JEP system.

And not ready to pay 50 dollars in service charge for something I can do online before. JL really needs to fix this.
if you are paying the $50 fee you may as well book Yokoso which gives you advanced seat selection and flexibility
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:50 pm

if you are paying the $50 fee you may as well book Yokoso which gives you advanced seat selection and flexibility
Ofcourse Yokoso is better, but if I could save the $50 fee, it would be even better!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALlover
Ofcourse Yokoso is better, but if I could save the $50 fee, it would be even better!
you can try calling the India call center to see if they will book it for you. There’s no ticketing fee there LOL
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:06 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I am pretty sure Amadeus is the problem. Even checkmytrips have problem displaying my reservation

have you you tried using AY website for seat selection?
Thanks, gave it a shot and doesn't work at all on AY to pull up the reservation. I had selected prior to the changeover and not unhappy with the seats, just wanted to see if additional seats were now open as a JAL/OW nobody.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Amb
I have a four segment JL booking where the first is a codeshare flight operated by BA.

I checked the booking after the migration and the BA segment had just disappeared (it had been previously been showing both via the JAL site and in my BAEC bookings). I called the UK reservations centre and the representative told me that there was a system-wide problem with all BA codeshare segments and that they hadn't been migrated across properly. Whilst I was on the phone, she secured back the space on the BA flight and I can now see that via the JAL site - but I'm still waiting for it all to be re-ticketed and I still can't see the BA segment using the Amadeus PNR on BA (as I could before the migration).

So I think it's all going to be OK - but I'd advise you to proactively check your bookings if you have any BA codeshare segments!
LapLap likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.