FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:27 pm
JALPak
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ashsong
I have an international round trip on JAL and a few domestic yokoso ticketed, all done on Nov 14-15, because it would have cost more on or after Nov 16.

The former is booked with BA, and has a PNR(a) with BA, with which, upon calling BA, a JL specific one was issued PNR(b). The yokoso was booked with local ticketing office, and issued with PNR(c)

All bookings are associated with a CX membership.

The problems experienced so far:
1. I am able to use (a) on most OW airline manage booking page (BA/QR/QF) and not on JL. But such access bring little utility, other than viewing the flight schedule.
2. I am able to use (b) on JL site to retrieve booking info, and select seats. But when I try to issue a pdf/email e-ticket with seat selection, system returns error. Call centre says only BA can issue the e-ticket given it's booked with BA. But BA site won't even allow seat selection, and the extra steps in obtaining separate PNR to work on JAL site is already quite stealthy.
3. (c) could not show itinerary on JL site (other than the first sector departure and arrival airport code) before Nov 16 (when clicking on details, it will just prompt error.), and when attempted today, shows the full itinerary, but has the international sectors attached to it.

What I wish to achieve is for both international sector and domestic to show on my CX profile, but I can't seem to use (b) or (c) on CX, which uses amadeus. What will happen to tickets issued before Nov 16, will a new amadeus PNR be generated for them? If so, how to retrieve it.
Yes, there's a new Amadeus PNR. If you retrieve your booking using the old JL PNR, it will display the new Amadeus PNR on the top of the page.