Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
Migration date: Nov 16 2017

Handling Procedure Changes: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss/dom/
  • Domestic ticket/awards will be valid for 1 year from the day after issuance date
  • Single 6 alphanumeric PNR will be used for entire itinerary instead of 4 digit PNR for each sector on domestic flights
  • No longer allows separation payments of Y and Class J/Domestic F upgrade fees
  • Credit card number will no longer be accepted as authentication method
  • Fares eligible for waitlisting will be reduced but deadline will be extended from T-48 to T-24
  • Can no longer change to an earlier flight when flying on domestic awards
  • ePoints will be refundable on awards and can specify the amount allocated on multiple passengers instead of splitting them equally
  • Some other ePoints enhancements on award tax/fee payments, JALPAK package payment will be refundable, etc

A lot more changes coming e.g. surface sector won't be included in total mileage calculation for award redemption: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/jmb/inter.html

Upcoming system outages and OLCI suspensions/changes: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/pss_world/maintenance/?inbound=ar
Print Wikipost

JAL will be migrating to Amadeus on Nov 16, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:03 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by monkey
I have a four segment JL booking where the first is a codeshare flight operated by BA.

I checked the booking after the migration and the BA segment had just disappeared (it had been previously been showing both via the JAL site and in my BAEC bookings). I called the UK reservations centre and the representative told me that there was a system-wide problem with all BA codeshare segments and that they hadn't been migrated across properly. Whilst I was on the phone, she secured back the space on the BA flight and I can now see that via the JAL site - but I'm still waiting for it all to be re-ticketed and I still can't see the BA segment using the Amadeus PNR on BA (as I could before the migration).

So I think it's all going to be OK - but I'd advise you to proactively check your bookings if you have any BA codeshare segments!
really hard to believe with three years of preparation and they still have problems like this. You would have thought they at least tested with bookings of their JV partners. Sigh...
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Thanks, gave it a shot and doesn't work at all on AY to pull up the reservation. I had selected prior to the changeover and not unhappy with the seats, just wanted to see if additional seats were now open as a JAL/OW nobody.
give JAL a call and ask them take a look at the seat map for you. Also, didn’t someone report his seat assignment was lost? You may want to call to confirm anyway
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
give JAL a call and ask them take a look at the seat map for you. Also, didn’t someone report his seat assignment was lost? You may want to call to confirm anyway
I checked yesterday and my seat assignment was fine - saw this and checked again today and, sure enough, it was gone. Was lucky enough that the seat I wanted was still free and grabbed it.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:59 am

you can try calling the India call center to see if they will book it for you. There’s no ticketing fee there LOL
Might think about that haha!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
really hard to believe with three years of preparation and they still have problems like this. You would have thought they at least tested with bookings of their JV partners. Sigh...
It is not general problems, I can see all my bookings including BA code share flights, my seat assignments have shown correctly all the time. So while there are problems, they are not universal.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by dcmike
I checked yesterday and my seat assignment was fine - saw this and checked again today and, sure enough, it was gone. Was lucky enough that the seat I wanted was still free and grabbed it.
Maybe system still a bit glichy
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Sorry if the info is out there but I'm unable to log into my account (usa) from the new home page.

Is this an issue others have had and if so, is thee a way to log in after the migration?

Thanks for any replies
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is not general problems, I can see all my bookings including BA code share flights, my seat assignments have shown correctly all the time. So while there are problems, they are not universal.
So the UK agent was lying about "system-wide" issues on BA codeshares? LOL
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Sorry if the info is out there but I'm unable to log into my account (usa) from the new home page.

Is this an issue others have had and if so, is thee a way to log in after the migration?

Thanks for any replies
No problem with my login. What error did you see?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Smile

Originally Posted by lcpteck
No problem with my login. What error did you see?
Thank you for your reply,

It seems to be working now!

Now if only the 80K business awards would come back and not the 100k I'm currently seeing!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:32 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
A few notes... had issues and called... I guess in the migration was told everyone was given a new PNR... too bad JL couldnt actually e-mail this to us post migration that is a BIG deal!
Another item not spelled out was needing to include the codeshare flight number
One must change the JL to AA and add in the correct AA codeshare flight number in trying to review your flights now.
Previously it would find it with the JL flight number, now you need the codeshare number
Wife's seat in 1A (787) was blown away... and no 2 seats together on the flight they wouldn't budge in giving us the seat back.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Little bit of a scare for us when I tried to use my wife's name and it couldn't find our booking, which is weird because I made it with her as the primary traveler (she's the one in the household with the most Avios) and always used her name to get at the booking before. But it found the booking using my name, so it's all good except for being a bit sexist.

I can now actually use the BA booking reference number as well as the JAL confirmation number to get at the booking, so that's a definite improvement. And I can also get .pdfs of our e-tickets now, where the old system would error out. Plus the whole site looks a bit more modern and fresh. So I personally think it's an overall improvement.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

They finally fixed the Yokoso problem and now the website correctly displays all sectors, including the linked international flights. The only catch is I lost the seat assignment on the sector that was missing from the website before but luckily I got it back
Calchas likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
I having problems displaying an award flight(KIX-HND-SFO) booked using JMB miles. So, do I need to call in to get a new PNR? What's funny is I can pull up another award flight that was booked using Alaska Air miles.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Seat selection works now and seats are indeed horked. Google Voice has trouble calling JAL Japan and not sure I'll be awake for JAL US. Or that it's worth it to call in at all. Short flight from ITM to HND (and wife still has a window Fuji side) and will try for PE upgrade at the airport on the long haul regardless.

file a complaint! I want the old seat blocking back lol
+infinity. I thought it was superior even as a JAL/OW nobody.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.