Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: Cathay, JGC
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You will get the FOP based on the factor 1.5 for an Asian region JAL flight and the 400 boarding FOP for a JAL flight. No need to do anything, and it does not matter what is printed on the boarding pass, as long as your ticket is booked as the JL flight.

Most often it would say "Sold as JL7093" on the boarding pass, but not always.
Thanks! That's great news. They've actually printed a new boarding pass for me at the gate and I just got on. No "sold as JL7093" on it though. No matter, whatever happens, happens. Thanks! 😄
Old May 12, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by tycosiao
Dear All

Can't seem to get this answered, the checked in agent in SIN couldn't advise too

JAl's website shows that their own sapphire member gets an extra bag of 23kg, do OneWorld Sapphires get it to?

The standard allowance is 2x23kg

So do Oneworld Sapphires get 3x23kg for HND-SIN in Y?

Thanks
Hi, anyone can provide the answer?

Thanks, leaving on tuesday
Old May 12, 2019, 9:19 am
mhy

Programs: JGC

The oneworld website seems to indicate "yes". But maybe you should call JAL to be sure. https://www.jal.co.jp/en/information/branch/sr/sg/
Old May 12, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Generally, JAL extends benefits to OW elites to the same extend that they do to their own. And the certainly do for OWE on the luggage, so I would expect they do on OWS as well.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:28 pm
mhy

Domestic F Lounge access policy

I booked a mileage run consisting of three flights. ITM-CTS-HND-ITM.
  • The first two flights are on the same ticket and they’re in Economy (JAL Explorer Pass - will try to upgrade to Class J / First Class at check in if I get lucky)
  • The last flight, HND-ITM will be in domestic F.
Question is, do I get access to the Diamond/Premier Lounge either at ITM or at CTS (I know I will at HND)? The policy on the website says “passengers connecting to a same-day first class flight”, but I am not sure if my last leg in F counts as it’s on a separate ticket. My guess is no access, but wanted to check. Thanks.
Old May 14, 2019, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mhy
I booked a mileage run consisting of three flights. ITM-CTS-HND-ITM.
  • The first two flights are on the same ticket and they’re in Economy (JAL Explorer Pass - will try to upgrade to Class J / First Class at check in if I get lucky)
  • The last flight, HND-ITM will be in domestic F.
Question is, do I get access to the Diamond/Premier Lounge either at ITM or at CTS (I know I will at HND)? The policy on the website says “passengers connecting to a same-day first class flight”, but I am not sure if my last leg in F counts as it’s on a separate ticket. My guess is no access, but wanted to check. Thanks.
The "passengers connecting to a same day first class flight" means an international first class flight. You will get lounge access for the HND ITM flight, and before any stretch you could manage to upgrade to F. Which I think could only be CTS HND.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:03 am
mhy

The "passengers connecting to a same day first class flight" means an international first class flight. You will get lounge access for the HND ITM flight, and before any stretch you could manage to upgrade to F. Which I think could only be CTS HND.
The page is confusing...https://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/service...k/diamond.html
"First class domestic passengers departing from this airport on the day. Or passengers connecting to a same-day JAL flight with a first class reservation."

On the Japanese version of the page the text reads "JAL国内線ファーストクラスにて当日当該空港よりご出発または同クラスに当日お乗り次のお客さ ま" where I can only assume the "同クラス(same class)" means "国内線ファーストクラス" in the previous paragraph.

This is separately followed by the rules for passengers connecting to/from international first class. Maybe I should call them to ask...
Old May 15, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhy
The page is confusing...https://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/service...k/diamond.html
"First class domestic passengers departing from this airport on the day. Or passengers connecting to a same-day JAL flight with a first class reservation."

On the Japanese version of the page the text reads "JAL国内線ファーストクラスにて当日当該空港よりご出発または同クラスに当日お乗り次のお客さ ま" where I can only assume the "同クラス(same class)" means "国内線ファーストクラス" in the previous paragraph.

This is separately followed by the rules for passengers connecting to/from international first class. Maybe I should call them to ask...
You are right, they are talking about a connection domestic. So that should probably put CTS in scope. As JAL checks through across tickets, I would guess that it does not matter for lounge access either.

Not sure about ITM, if they will allow lounge access, as you are strictly speaking connecting to a same day Y flight in CTS. At least as the booking stands right now. Do tell us how it went.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:43 am
mhy

You are right, they are talking about a connection domestic. So that should probably put CTS in scope. As JAL checks through across tickets, I would guess that it does not matter for lounge access either.

Not sure about ITM, if they will allow lounge access, as you are strictly speaking connecting to a same day Y flight in CTS. At least as the booking stands right now. Do tell us how it went.
Yes, will definitely report. Thanks for your help
Old May 18, 2019, 10:45 am
mhy

Another related question; my international flights into Japan are from JFK-NRT (business class) and then NRT-ITM (economy) but they are on separate tickets. Will I be able to use the JL business lounge in NRT even though my connecting flight is not on the same ticket?
Old May 18, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhy
Another related question; my international flights into Japan are from JFK-NRT (business class) and then NRT-ITM (economy) but they are on separate tickets. Will I be able to use the JL business lounge in NRT even though my connecting flight is not on the same ticket?
It will be the domestic business lounge, but yes if you bring your boarding pass to show that you arrived in J they will probably allow you access.

The international business class lounge is a no go due to the arrivals flow for international passengers. You would need a departing international J ticket for that
Old May 18, 2019, 11:05 am
mhy

Thanks!. Yeah I meant the domestic lounge.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: DL Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Plat Elite, Marriott Gold Elite
Anyone ever used the ottoman in F Sky Suites to have two people dine together? My wife and I are in 2 A and K (across the plane from each other). Just wondering if it was comfortable at all. Thanks!
Old May 21, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edandolo
Anyone ever used the ottoman in F Sky Suites to have two people dine together? My wife and I are in 2 A and K (across the plane from each other). Just wondering if it was comfortable at all. Thanks!
It not the greatest seat, but it works for a dinner.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: JMB
Hey Flyer Talk JAL flyers,

Every year I take the family to Japan to see family. Usually, we have enough Marriott points to transfer over and get our tickets booked as international award reservations however, our trip this year requires us to be really flexible in our plans, and the chance that we may need to cancel our award reservation is quite high.

I have checked JAL's site and I just want to make sure I am interpreting it correctly. Is it true that as long as I cancel our reservation at least 2 days before our departure date, we will receive a refund of all our miles, fuel surcharges and taxes, less the cancellation fee of approx 3000yen per ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.