Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
OW Sapphire Seat Selection on JAL

My friend has ow sapphire (not on JAL, if that makes a difference), does he get access to some blocked seats? For example, 1K or 5H/K on JAL's 77W, according to ExpertFlyer's seat map. I know JAL tend to block 1A and probably 5A/C for emerald, but does sapphire at least get some seating privilege?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
My friend has ow sapphire (not on JAL, if that makes a difference), does he get access to some blocked seats? For example, 1K or 5H/K on JAL's 77W, according to ExpertFlyer's seat map. I know JAL tend to block 1A and probably 5A/C for emerald, but does sapphire at least get some seating privilege?
yes. for the block seats for OWS.
for example the 2/3rd row on domestic Y. im sure they exist for intl Y classes too.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
But if his FFP number is removed after seat reservation, the assigned seat will be gone too.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:46 pm

I just booked 2 J seats in JAL 77W NRT to JFK via AA. I have no status, is there any way I can get seats 5E and 5G? AA wasnt able to assign those seats to me.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:26 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by superret
I just booked 2 J seats in JAL 77W NRT to JFK via AA. I have no status, is there any way I can get seats 5E and 5G? AA wasnt able to assign those seats to me.
if JL website not showing them as available then you can’t assign those seats. If this is codeshare, then what AA can see is what you are able to select
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: CX Diamond
Is it possible to book a specific fare class? When searching for a ticket, it only allows me to choose N or K... nothing in between. (Looking to buy a fare that allows seat selection but not wanting to go all the way up to K.)

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AC340-541
Is it possible to book a specific fare class? When searching for a ticket, it only allows me to choose N or K... nothing in between. (Looking to buy a fare that allows seat selection but not wanting to go all the way up to K.)

Thanks in advance.
Not really unless you contact one of the call centers or a travel agent.
AC340-541 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:54 am

What are the change rules for award tickets? I'm book with partner EK and I have an itin like this:
IAH-DXB
DXB-MLE
MLE-DXB-FCO
MXP-JFK

1) Can I change dates?
2) can I change MLE to SEZ?
3) Can I change IAH to DFW?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
What are the change rules for award tickets? I'm book with partner EK and I have an itin like this:
IAH-DXB
DXB-MLE
MLE-DXB-FCO
MXP-JFK

1) Can I change dates?
2) can I change MLE to SEZ?
3) Can I change IAH to DFW?
1) Yes
2) No
3) No

Not permitted for changes:

Changes to the traveler's name, the airline carrier, the flight sector, the class of service, the routing, reversing the direction of travel, and exchanges to other awards are not permitted.
​​​​
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/partner_air/p_jmb/cancel.html#tabs

2 and 3 would be change of sector.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by AC340-541

Thanks in advance.
book with matrix ! Just google it
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:30 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
I was looking at booking a WS flight to connect to my JL award, is there any chance WS would through-check me to TYO given that they're partners?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richh1833
I was looking at booking a WS flight to connect to my JL award, is there any chance WS would through-check me to TYO given that they're partners?
You would probably need to ask that in a forum covering West Jet, as it would depend on their rules, not JAL's.

What route would you be flying to connect?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:37 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You would probably need to ask that in a forum covering West Jet, as it would depend on their rules, not JAL's.

What route would you be flying to connect?
Will do. Was hoping to do this YYZ-BOS-NRT
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am sure that they technically and system wisecan do it, but it really depends on what the instruction to the check in staff is. Some airlines has a policy against checking luggage in across separate tickets.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interestingly enough, if you look at West Jet's homepage, JAL is listed as a codeshare partner, but not as an interline partner. The text about interline services is about bookings covering the full trip. Bit still better ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.