Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yep, a 1000 yen. But basically just a better seat.
Yes.
Furthermore, JL3002 is an international equipment (767).
So, sometimes, A REALLY BETTER SEAT.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Does the new Hale lounge at HNL, also act as an admirlas club lounge? And does it have showers?
Thank you
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Ceres
Does the new Hale lounge at HNL, also act as an admirlas club lounge? And does it have showers?
Thank you
Neither has been confirmed in the press releases from JAL Which is of course also not a denial..
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: JMB
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Yes.
Furthermore, JL3002 is an international equipment (767).
So, sometimes, A REALLY BETTER SEAT.
Just to verify: If I want to be upgraded for both flights I have to pay for both separately? It's not like "Buy PY for the long flight and get J for the connection flight for free."?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:43 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Seyan
Just to verify: If I want to be upgraded for both flights I have to pay for both separately? It's not like "Buy PY for the long flight and get J for the connection flight for free."?
it’s per segment
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ceres
Thank you
Just for a data point, I emailed them to find out my questions

Dear Mr. Ceres,

Thank you for your reply to our email.

The New Sakura Lounge Hale is not open to Admiral's Club members. The older Sakura
lounge however is still available. Please also note there are no shower facilities
in either Lounge.

Thank you for your interest in Japan Airlines.

Best regards,

Japan Airlines The Americas
Customer Support Desk
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
This question has probably been asked before but I'm struggling to find a quick solution. Have just flown into HND on domestic JL flight and have a separately booked international flight tomorrow morning with BA.

I was not able to get my bags tagged to LHR so need to check in again tomorrow morning. Is there a check-in desk for international connections at the domestic terminal I can use? I'm staying in first cabin T1 tonight and would like to avoid the bus/monorail/keiyku transfer to international if possible because I have awkward baggage. If not, which of the three (or something else?) is best for transferring with large awkward baggage?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by s1362083
This question has probably been asked before but I'm struggling to find a quick solution. Have just flown into HND on domestic JL flight and have a separately booked international flight tomorrow morning with BA.

I was not able to get my bags tagged to LHR so need to check in again tomorrow morning. Is there a check-in desk for international connections at the domestic terminal I can use? I'm staying in first cabin T1 tonight and would like to avoid the bus/monorail/keiyku transfer to international if possible because I have awkward baggage. If not, which of the three (or something else?) is best for transferring with large awkward baggage?

Thanks in advance!
You will need to wait until the BA check in counters open. If I remember correctly 3 hours before departure. Guess the over night stay is what prevents through check of luggage.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:30 pm

I have a waitlist booking on JAL and it's about 4 weeks out now. I've renewed it twice already. I'm wondering what the next step is if the award is released. Will I get an email and just go to the website to confirm the booking? Or do I need to keep checking the website myself to see if the award is released? I'm assuming they will email me, but I feel paranoid that I'll miss it if I don't keep checking a few times a day. This is for an economy ticket, so I'm hopeful, but not taking anything for granted.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I'm flying JL 2 back HND-SFO on 7 September. Is it possible to request female amenity kit/gift so I can give it as a gift to gf? I still have my JL 1 outbound kit and gift and don't need another for myself.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
I'm flying JL 2 back HND-SFO on 7 September. Is it possible to request female amenity kit/gift so I can give it as a gift to gf? I still have my JL 1 outbound kit and gift and don't need another for myself.
yes
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:19 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Hi guys, I'm flying tokyo to kl in December. However, I have bought MH separately from kl to sin one way. Will they allow the bags to be checked through to SIN? Thanks in advance
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cowism
Hi guys, I'm flying tokyo to kl in December. However, I have bought MH separately from kl to sin one way. Will they allow the bags to be checked through to SIN? Thanks in advance
yes, as long as it’s a same day connection.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:37 am

How early can you check in for an international flight at Haneda? Can't find answer on website.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sergent
How early can you check in for an international flight at Haneda? Can't find answer on website.
it’s listed on the website

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airport/hnd/info/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.