Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Are Shanghai Airlines (FM) flights eligible for awards with JL, or only MU-coded flights?

Thanks
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
So I have a pretty silly situation. Looking for advice.

Im at 49,946 FOPs for the year. I had a short domestic flight on BA that should’ve pushed me over the edge, but BA unhelpfully credited it to my AA account. I had AA delete it - they actually did it in a day, wow! - so i have an email from AA showing they’ve removed this flight. But when I claimed it to JL, they denied it, presumably because it still shows as auto credited to AA.

What are my options now? Has anyone been able to convince JAL to credit an uncredited flight? Or has anyone been able to get some “goodwill” FOPs? (I need 54... lol).

I don’t think I have time to fly another segment by year end ...
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
So I have a pretty silly situation. Looking for advice.

Im at 49,946 FOPs for the year. I had a short domestic flight on BA that should’ve pushed me over the edge, but BA unhelpfully credited it to my AA account. I had AA delete it - they actually did it in a day, wow! - so i have an email from AA showing they’ve removed this flight. But when I claimed it to JL, they denied it, presumably because it still shows as auto credited to AA.

What are my options now? Has anyone been able to convince JAL to credit an uncredited flight? Or has anyone been able to get some “goodwill” FOPs? (I need 54... lol).

I don’t think I have time to fly another segment by year end ...
I am guessing you did an online claim. I would call them, they can see the claim and details of why it was turned down. They should be able to explain you how to get it credited. Though a manual claim may take a while.

I would not expect a goodwill.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am guessing you did an online claim. I would call them, they can see the claim and details of why it was turned down. They should be able to explain you how to get it credited. Though a manual claim may take a while.

I would not expect a goodwill.
Gotcha. I gave that a try just now and got the usual speech about sending an offline printout etc to their P.o. box in Tokyo, and then, a half hour later, got a call back and a specific name of a person in Sapporo to send everything to - which, according to her, should hopefully make it smoother. Fingers crossed! It would SUCK if I missed status by 54 FOPs. Lol.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Gotcha. I gave that a try just now and got the usual speech about sending an offline printout etc to their P.o. box in Tokyo, and then, a half hour later, got a call back and a specific name of a person in Sapporo to send everything to - which, according to her, should hopefully make it smoother. Fingers crossed! It would SUCK if I missed status by 54 FOPs. Lol.
Hopefully it should work out.

I am guessing that you used AA status to access a BA lounge? BA is notorious for switching the program you credit to if that is not also the program you use to access the lounge They seem to strongly believe the two should be the same.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Last time it took me 1 month to get it credited. However, my boarding pass did show JL's JMB number rather than AA. Is that how it showed up on your boarding pass?

You need to call Tokyo to get this resolved and you want to get the supervisor to get it done. LA won't get anything done other than accepting your physical boarding pass.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Hopefully it should work out.

I am guessing that you used AA status to access a BA lounge? BA is notorious for switching the program you credit to if that is not also the program you use to access the lounge They seem to strongly believe the two should be the same.
That was the plan and why I had it on checkin, but my inbound was late and I literally just had time to run through and get to the BA flight (and asked the gate agent to change it). So no benefits used.

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Last time it took me 1 month to get it credited. However, my boarding pass did show JL's JMB number rather than AA. Is that how it showed up on your boarding pass?

You need to call Tokyo to get this resolved and you want to get the supervisor to get it done. LA won't get anything done other than accepting your physical boarding pass.
When you say LA what do you mean?

Ohh US call centre? No, I spoke with Tokyo, so should be all good.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swgsword
Are Shanghai Airlines (FM) flights eligible for awards with JL, or only MU-coded flights?

Thanks
MU only.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA
I'm looking at traveling to NRT/HND from YVR in early April. Hoping to do this in premium economy on JL metal. The direct from YVR does not have PE. I could go from LAX/SFO/SEA or even DFW if I could make it work. What are my best options?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
SAPPORO!
IMHO, A center in Sappro is handling this kind of paper work.
For me, I wrongly registered my BA FFP No to JAC flight(non BA partner). I realiased my flight had't been credited.
So, I contacted JAL. They advised me sending a letter/document that show BA denied credit.
However, they decided they don't require a letter/document (I said JAL shouldn't accept my BA FFP No at web/checkin for JAC flights).
So, I didn't need to send a document to Sappro center (But, I had a call from the center about crediting process).
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Northwest, United
PJs in J?

I've flown JAL in F before (which was wonderful, of course) but not yet in J. Now I'm looking at a flight next year (on the new SEA-NRT route) in J and had a couple questions about some of the goodies in J...

Do they hand out PJs in J (or is that only in F)? How about amenity kits in J?

Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I've flown JAL in F before (which was wonderful, of course) but not yet in J. Now I'm looking at a flight next year (on the new SEA-NRT route) in J and had a couple questions about some of the goodies in J...

Do they hand out PJs in J (or is that only in F)? How about amenity kits in J?

Thanks.
Pajamas are only in F. There's a cardigan lending service in J.

Amenity kits here:

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi...iness/amenity/

Pretty similar to F amenity kit without a few items and the Shiseido/Clé de Peau Beauté stuff. Personally I like the from USA Tatsumura kit better than the ETRO design.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Thank you!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by theshaun
I'm looking at traveling to NRT/HND from YVR in early April. Hoping to do this in premium economy on JL metal. The direct from YVR does not have PE. I could go from LAX/SFO/SEA or even DFW if I could make it work. What are my best options?
Take the cheapest west coast routing you can get! PE doesnt entitle you to many benefits anyway, so the cheapest/easiest to fly should be fine.
SFO flight lands at HND, which is an advantage.
Do you plan to buy PE cash ticket? or upgrade economy with cash/miles at the counter?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Take the cheapest west coast routing you can get! PE doesnt entitle you to many benefits anyway, so the cheapest/easiest to fly should be fine.
SFO flight lands at HND, which is an advantage.
Do you plan to buy PE cash ticket? or upgrade economy with cash/miles at the counter?
Agreed. And I would definitely not route via DFW just for PE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.