Reload this Page >

FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rove312
Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO)
Aeroporto Internazionale Leonardo da Vinci
Main airport of Rome, located in Fiumicino
NOTE: Wikiposts are community property and maintained; they can be edited by signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts.
Wikipost contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner next to Edit button).

Location: 35 km (22 mi.) southwest of Rome, connected by road (taxi, etc. approx. one hour) and train (30 minutes).

Address: Aeroporto Internazionale Fiumicino, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy

Websites
Link to Rome Airports official site (English); Collegamento a sito ufficiale di Aeroporti di Roma (Italiano)
Extensive information on transportation, arrivals and departures, etc.
Link to Wikipedia page on FCO.

Terminals
As of December 2021, FCO's active terminals are T1 and T3.

To determine the terminal for your airline, do a search at https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-...ore-travelling . As of May 2022, the list of airlines using each terminal appears outdated; for example Lufthansa isn't on the list of airlines using T1, but a search shows it using T1. For the most part, Schengen based airlines use Terminal 1; non-Schengen Terminal 3.

Gates are numbered with A for Schengen, E for non-Schengen; U.S.-bound flights are generally from the satellite gate area E31-44, accessed by a rail people mover. All gates can be accessed from either terminal; for example ITA flights to the U.S. check in at T1, on the east side of the complex, but depart from the satellite gates well to the west.

Baggage claim is at T1 for Schengen (i.e. if connecting, the flight to FCO departs from a Schengen airport), T3 for non-Schengen, regardless of which terminal the airline uses for check-in.

Lodging
Two hotels located at FCO, One located on its periphery:
Hilton Rome Airport Hotel
Via Arturo Ferrarin, 2, 00054 Fiumicino, Rome, Italy
TEL: +39-06-65258 FAX: +39-06-6525 6525
517 Soundproofed rooms
Airport Train Station at walking distance
Connected to all terminals by covered pedestrian walkway
Courtesy shuttle to / from all terminals (2.5 mi / 4 km loop)
Complimentary shuttle bus to downtown Rome 8 times a day
Link to property website
Dedicated FT thread: Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}

HelloSky Rome
Via Generale Felice Santini (Aeroporto Leonardo da Vinci), 00054 Fiumicino RM
TEL +39 06 971 50 200
E-mail: [email protected]
Located landside, in front of Terminals 1 and 3
29 Rooms, not a traditional hotel: includes an arrivals lounge, shower rentals and VIP fast track offers
More info in this post: FCO: HelloSky's New Arrival Lounge + Air Rooms (Hilton no longer only onsite hotel)

Hilton Garden Inn
Via Vittorio Bragadin, 2, 00054 Fiumicino Rome, Italy
TEL: +39-06-6525 9000 FAX: +39-06-6525 9001
Courtesy shuttle to / from all terminals (2.5 mi / 4 km loop - no pedestrian access
Dedicated FT thread: Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Other hotels and B&Bs are located at Fiumicino near the airport, including Best Western Hotel Rome Airport, Golden Tulip, Sllep and Fly, etc.

Transport
Link to FT thread: FCO ground transportation options
Link to ADR FCO page on transport, parking, etc.
Link to Rome Toolkit page on FCO surface transport.

Train Station is well signed, covered pedestrian way with moving walkways, lifts / escalators, 5-10 minutes walking from terminals.
Leonardo Express (Trenitalia) to/from Rome Termini railway station departing every 15-30 minutes and trip time of 32 minutes. 14€. Onward connections. Advance online ticket purchase includes discounts include fast track and FCO lounges. Trenitalia link
Regional FL1 trains to/from other Rome stations including Rome Tiburtina. Departures every 15 to 30 minutes.
Frecciargento (Trenitalia high speed train) to / from cities of Rome, Florence, Bologna, Padua and Venice daily.
Departure from Fiumicino Airport: 13.53. Arrival at Fiumicino Airport: 14.07.

Bus link (Terravision info on this linked page is outdated. See the other link below)
Several local busses serve FCO, and can get you to Ostia Lido, Fiumicino, several Rome locations including Termini rail station, connections to the underground, etc. Terravision bus is the one of the economical transport to Rome at 5.90€. Link.
Or try S.I.T from T-3 with three stops in the center. http://www.sitbusshuttle.com/en/fares/
Direct bus to Naples: https://www.fiumicinoexpress.com/?lang=en

Left luggage / porterage
Luggage storage in Terminal 3, International Arrivals, daily every 7 am to 11 pm
Telephone: +39 0665953541
Rate: 10€ per suitcase for up to 24 hours; payment upon collection of baggage.
Luggage porter service available for a fee, which can be requested at the ADR information desks and from the interactive multimedia stations.
​To book the porter service:
Telephone +39 0665958349-7510
Fax +39 0665955133
email [email protected]

Print Wikipost

FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Assuming this is all on one ticket, as mentioned above - go through passport control, follow signs for connecting flights, and look for your flight on the monitor to see which gate it is departing out of and then just walk to the gate.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Palal
Assuming this is all on one ticket, as mentioned above - go through passport control, follow signs for connecting flights, and look for your flight on the monitor to see which gate it is departing out of and then just walk to the gate.
Wow, wow, HOLD IT!!!!! First to connecting flights, then to immigration. If you do it the other way round you'll be in the customs area, and you'll have to exit the Terminal 3 building and go through security in Terminal 1.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:46 pm

connecting from T3 to T1 at FCO

Yes, it is all with Alitalia on a single trip and ticket. I have a bit more than 2 hours which could be even shorter due to delays etc, so I just want to make sure that I don't end up leaving the secured area and need to come back to terminal 1 security.. While other airports post step by step instructions for terminal connections and connecting maps, FCO does not have any terminal connection information posted.
Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:03 am

I am flying from a non-Schengen country into Fiumicino Airport ~ Terminal 3 and need to catch a connecting flight to Athens in Terminal 1 .. carry-on only.... same company (ALITALIA)....but only WITHIN 45 MINUTES!! actually less than 45 minutes as the connecting flight TAKES OFF 45 minutes after my flight LANDS at the airport.. I hope its not Mission impossible !!! I m desperate !!...HELP ME PLEEEEEEZ !! ... PS: will the airport shuttle be helpful or just a waste of precious time ??

Last edited by merouanefox; Apr 17, 2015 at 7:16 am
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by merouanefox
I am flying from a non-Schengen country into Fiumicino Airport ~ Terminal 3 and need to catch a connecting flight to Athens in Terminal 1 .. carry-on only.... same company (ALITALIA)....but only WITHIN 45 MINUTES!! actually less than 45 minutes as the connecting flight TAKES OFF 45 minutes after my flight LANDS at the airport.. I hope its not Mission impossible !!! I m desperate !!...HELP ME PLEEEEEEZ !! ... PS: will the airport shuttle be helpful or just a waste of precious time ??
No need for the shuttle unless you are going to Terminal 5. T3 and T1 are connected to each other and you can walk it in 10 minutes if you hustle.

Your only problem is you will have to go through passport control. If you have an EU passport that won't take long. If a USA passport, it's anybodies guess what the lines will be like.

Signage isn't great, but the walkway from T3 - T1 is on ground level, where you will be upon arriving. Your main challenge assuming your plane arrives on time, will be getting through passport, not the distance between terminals.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Perche
No need for the shuttle unless you are going to Terminal 5. T3 and T1 are connected to each other and you can walk it in 10 minutes if you hustle.

Your only problem is you will have to go through passport control. If you have an EU passport that won't take long. If a USA passport, it's anybodies guess what the lines will be like.

Signage isn't great, but the walkway from T3 - T1 is on ground level, where you will be upon arriving. Your main challenge assuming your plane arrives on time, will be getting through passport, not the distance between terminals.
Small mistake: walking on ground level will bring you land-side and you'll have to go through security again. Follow the Transfer signs, these will bring you one floor up (departure level) and no need to go through security at Terminal 1.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Thumbs up

You are right, I should have said its starts at the ground level, then follow the signs. I wonder if she made the connection?
Originally Posted by KLouis
Small mistake: walking on ground level will bring you land-side and you'll have to go through security again. Follow the Transfer signs, these will bring you one floor up (departure level) and no need to go through security at Terminal 1.

Last edited by Perche; Apr 17, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Old May 8, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Plat
I've got 90 mins to get from a JFK arrival to a flight to Palermo next week. Arrival is 8:15am. Is there SKY Priority to get through customs quickly like there is at CDG?
Old May 8, 2015, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by LSU1999
I've got 90 mins to get from a JFK arrival to a flight to Palermo next week. Arrival is 8:15am. Is there SKY Priority to get through customs quickly like there is at CDG?
By "customs" do you mean customs or immigration? In the first case the answer is no need, everybody breezes through, in the latter case the answer is no. But I have no clues how fast the transfer will be after the fire...
Old May 9, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
No sky priority at FCO, sadly. It's saved my butt a few times at CDG.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:12 am

Transit at FCO and Alitalia

Hello,
I'm flying on Alitalia all the way through in one ticket from a non schengen country to Barcelona via Rome FCO...Alitalia automatically offered me a two hour transit connection. I've two questions here:
1) Is this enough time for passport control and getting to the gate?
2) what happens if there is a delay on the inbound flight to Rome and I miss my connection? would Alitalia charge me for rebooking? keeping in mind that I did not and could not chose a longer transit time..its all done and calculated by Alitalia website.
Thanks.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Welcome to FT!
1. Yes. Plenty of time http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...FCO+connection
2. If your inbound flight is delayed and you miss the connection to BCN, (AZ) Alitalia will put you on the next flight. No charge.
Old May 12, 2015, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Welcome to FT!
1. Yes. Plenty of time http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...FCO+connection
2. If your inbound flight is delayed and you miss the connection to BCN, (AZ) Alitalia will put you on the next flight. No charge.
Thanks for your help
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:01 am

Transfer at FCO from Terminal 3 to 1

Hi - we are flying onto FCO on Aug 23rd. We have 3 days prior to catching a cruise and are thinking of basing ourselves in Naples this time, so as to do some day trips to Capri, Amalfi Coast, etc.

Our flight arrives at 7:55 am on United. I looked at Alitalia and they have a flight to Naples leaving at 10 am. Is 2 hrs sufficient for clearing customs and immigration at FCO (presumably all done at Terminal 3) and then transferring to the domestic terminal at 1? Its not going to be on one booking. So we would have to clear all the formalities first at 3 and then transfer to 1. We can't change our tickets on United now (its part of a multi city itinerary). Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
It is definitely doable, but make sure to check whether for August the T3 will be fully recovered by fire.
Yesterday, at the new AZ livery and J event, AZ CEO (not directly the airport authority) declared full operativity for the summer. From this I gather that within July it's all set. August should be safe, regarding terminals functionality.

But again, being a Sunday, and the first Sunday after mid-August holidays, when locals return home en masse, just hope your UA flight lands on time.

If plan A fails the train is the way to go:

FCO-->Termini Station (local train Leonardo Express)

then change onto high speed train

Termini --> Naples Central

Frequent departures throughout the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.