Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Asiana Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Does this hotel have discrete club rooms, or does “club” just mean having the same room type with the addition of the club benefits? I ask because I may opt for club for teh first half of my stay only. I do not want to be asked to switch rooms, or necessarily pay upsell to retain the same room. I have Gold Ambassador status, if that matters.
I think so. If I recall correctly on one of my previous stays as a Platinum Ambassador I was upgraded from a base room to a club room without club access. I don't think there was a lot of difference between the club rooms and the lower category rooms other than the floor.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:49 am

The IC hotel and residences are about the same price, and the same number of points. Any reason not to stay in the Residences? We are platinum but won't be buying up to Club level, so access to the lounge wouldn't be an option. And with 3 of us, a bit more room and the possibility of a washing machine are a big plus. Can we use either pool if we stay in the Residences, or just that one?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Suzzin
The IC hotel and residences are about the same price, and the same number of points. Any reason not to stay in the Residences? We are platinum but won't be buying up to Club level, so access to the lounge wouldn't be an option. And with 3 of us, a bit more room and the possibility of a washing machine are a big plus. Can we use either pool if we stay in the Residences, or just that one?
Each one has its own pool. The residence pool is a bit small and has even less sun than the hotel pool. Residences have significantly more space (comparable to the suites at the IC), washing machine but furniture etc is a bit more basic and good for long stays.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:04 pm

We opted for the IC Residences and are happy with the choice. The rooms are huge, the furnishings are updated and modern, and the washer/dryer has been well used. Our room is very quiet with a balcony that overlooks the city. The hotel is in a great location, easy walking distance from “everything” (i.e. tourist sites). It only took 15 minutes and 130k VND from the airport with Vinasun. Beware the official looking guys managing the taxi queue, they are scammers trying to send you off in their car for a fixed price (430k at that time).
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:15 am

What can a Spire Ambassador expect as an upgrade if booking a standard room?

If I were Royal Ambassador, what would the expected upgrade and additional benefits be?

Is club access upsell usually available for a discount, relative to the price of booking a club room to begin with?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
I stay currently some days with a points booking as PlatAMB here. You get what is called „by the book“. Breakfast at a reduced 18 USD rate (from 25 USD) but I declined. Deluxe Corner Room is nice and this is what I‘ve booked.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by denkigroove
I stay currently some days with a points booking as PlatAMB here. You get what is called „by the book“. Breakfast at a reduced 18 USD rate (from 25 USD) but I declined. Deluxe Corner Room is nice and this is what I‘ve booked.
Not suprised, even RA historically gets zero room upgrade on points here

Even in the better days pre Sep2016 changes for RA, upgrades for RA were
o PAID (base room) -> 2-Room suite + Lounge
o POINTS (base room) -> No Upgrade, Lounge Given (fixed price existed usd50(ish) for RA upgrade to usual suites)

Post Sep2016
o Paid (base) - Dlx - Club (basically Dlx with lounge) so since lounge is foc, in effect a 1cat upgrade
o Points (base) - Not done this as poor value v my paid rate
denkigroove likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Not suprised, even RA historically gets zero room upgrade on points here

Even in the better days pre Sep2016 changes for RA, upgrades for RA were
o PAID (base room) -> 2-Room suite + Lounge
o POINTS (base room) -> No Upgrade, Lounge Given (fixed price existed usd50(ish) for RA upgrade to usual suites)

Post Sep2016
o Paid (base) - Dlx - Club (basically Dlx with lounge) so since lounge is foc, in effect a 1cat upgrade
o Points (base) - Not done this as poor value v my paid rate
If Spire Amb. (not RA) will a paid reservation for Deluxe Room upgrade to Club Room (including club access)? All I really would like is club access, as I see no other difference in room categories.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia

If Spire Amb. (not RA) will a paid reservation for Deluxe Room upgrade to Club Room (including club access)? All I really would like is club access, as I see no other difference in room categories.
I dont believe it.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:03 pm

I dont believe it.
Oh well, that’s par for the course, this is a by the book property apparently.

I will consider Park Hyatt or Reverie as well, given that I will need to book a Club room if I stay at IC.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:55 am

Did you email the hotel and asked? They are pretty good in responding in my experience.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Did you email the hotel and asked? They are pretty good in responding in my experience.
Thank you. I will ask. I may also contact management of another property I stay at regularly that is under the same ownership as IC Saigon, to make sure I am well looked after in any case.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I stayed last week using my Corporate rate which includes breakfast for 2. Added a connecting room for kids using points and paid the $36/day breakfast for two. These were on regular floor not Club floor. Mineral sparkling water bottle in room daily. Welcome gift at check in and another one presented at check out. Very nice staff all around. Love the rooms and the bathrooms are awesome. Great respite after diving into the jungles and Ben Thành and whatnot.

breakfast selections are great. Definitely a notch above Renaissance which also has pretty good breakfast.

Given this was a family stay I didn’t mind no club (I prefer breakfast in the restaurant). They honored the 4pm checkout for one room and gave me 2pm for the other. I would definitely stay again.

They are very responsive to email. Though they don’t necessarily tell you what you want to hear.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:27 am

I stayed in the residencies section last month with my parents. I booked four nights using points (35k/night with 4th night free via IHG Premier credit card) which I thought was a good value although it seems the hotel is now 40k points and the residencies are now 45k points. A rollaway bed is 45 USD++ and quite comfy. I had previously stayed in the hotel part 3 times (twice in regular rooms and once in a deluxe corner suite). I thought the hard product of the one bedroom suite in the residencies was much nicer than the basic rooms in the hotel which don't have sofas and close to the deluxe corner suite. Overall, I like the hard product, service and location of the hotel/residencies but would consider the Marriott properties if there is a significant price difference.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
I can't tell think of any reason NOT to stay in the residence when you can especially it's cheaper than the hotel. It's an apartment and twice I've stayed there, twice they've upgraded my room to a 2bedroom apartment. It's HUGE. And I loved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.