Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza (LAX)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Chang11
Did you get Club access? Free drinks?
I did get upgraded to the club floor but since I was staying on the weekend the lounge was closed so I was given free breakfast at the restaurant every morning and they gave me a free drink coupon for the bar at the Tap Room for each day of my stay. The breakfast buffet was pretty good but the staff seemed to disappear after seating me each morning. Still better than the zoo that is breakfast at the Hilton down the street.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I did get upgraded to the club floor but since I was staying on the weekend the lounge was closed so I was given free breakfast at the restaurant every morning and they gave me a free drink coupon for the bar at the Tap Room for each day of my stay. The breakfast buffet was pretty good but the staff seemed to disappear after seating me each morning. Still better than the zoo that is breakfast at the Hilton down the street.
Not sure if they are still there, but a local church used to meet in the Hilton's conference rooms. Many of the churchgoers had breakfast before their meeting, making the breakfast cafe even more crowded.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Just checked in for one night and wasn't offered upgrade from King Feature room originally booked. I didn't realize it until I got to my room so went back downstairs, where they upgraded me to an identical room on the club floor (no suites that I've been reading about). Initially the agent didn't want to upgrade me because I was checking in at 2pm vs 3pm so I told her I'd wait the hour.

Just seems weird. This is the second CP I've stayed at in the last seven days. First CP said no upgrades available due to full hotel even though they were still selling one level up from room purchased. Now LAX was spitting hairs over one hour (they magically found a room btw).

Do I smell or something?
Old May 25, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
I consistently have good experiences at this property.

Last night, I checked in as a late arrival for my King Leisure room. Was given the choice between a free drink or points, and I was also given lounge access.

Boy, was I shocked when I got up to the 15th floor and realized that I had the Presidential Suite. Room was huge, with separate dining, living, and bedroom areas. Also had a large bathroom with a stand-alone shower and a large bathtub. I don't know why I got this room. Maybe it's because I stay regularly, have Platinum status, and arrived late?

Either way, what an upgrade!
Old May 25, 2016, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Boy, was I shocked when I got up to the 15th floor and realized that I had the Presidential Suite. Room was huge, with separate dining, living, and bedroom areas. Also had a large bathroom with a stand-alone shower and a large bathtub. I don't know why I got this room. Maybe it's because I stay regularly, have Platinum status, and arrived late?

Either way, what an upgrade!
Pres Suite upgrades are always a happy occurrence. And yes, it could very well be because you arrived late and have status. Unfortunately they rarely happen with I'm staying at a hotel for a week with my family.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Not sure if they are still there, but a local church used to meet in the Hilton's conference rooms. Many of the churchgoers had breakfast before their meeting, making the breakfast cafe even more crowded.
Well, I will be in the hectic Hilton this weekend as the CP is apparently full this weekend. I am assuming that whatever is filling up the CP will make it a bit hectic as well.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Checked in Wednesday evening, received the upgrade with no problem.

Though not this time, I have received the Presidential upgrade here before.

Honorable mention and shout out to the Lounge guy who has been working there about 93 years now.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Is the protest/strike still going on at 7:00am each morning outside the hotel? It woke me up promptly 7am and lasted for one hour. Wasn't able to find out what it's about as the chants are all in Spanish, but they have a loud presence.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What it's about is that the local labor unions representing hotel workers are trying to get representation for the Crowne Plaza which is not unionized. 7 a.m. with bullhorns to me is too early, and I'm not so sure the hotel should be more aggressive in getting their permit amended to prohibit that.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Is the protest/strike still going on at 7:00am each morning outside the hotel? It woke me up promptly 7am and lasted for one hour. Wasn't able to find out what it's about as the chants are all in Spanish, but they have a loud presence.
As of my recent stay, yes.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:36 pm

Does anyone know if the lounge is open Sunday night at this property?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Early morning shuttle to airport

Reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and other places, it seems the hotel shuttle to the airport in the morning hours can be really really bad. A guy said he waited 40 min at 4am!

Our flight is at 7:45am. Debating whether to use CP or Hilton - have top tier status at both chains, and because we leave so early we would not be able to take advantage of the breakfast anyway, only the lounge the evening before.

My main concern is the shuttle service.

Anybody has departed for early morning flights using CP shuttle in the past?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:55 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Happy
Reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and other places, it seems the hotel shuttle to the airport in the morning hours can be really really bad. A guy said he waited 40 min at 4am!
Its a brisk 10 minute walk or slower 15 minute walk to the close terminals ...
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
Originally Posted by og
No one can "walk" to terminalin LAX

Last edited by greenfrog2015; Dec 23, 2016 at 6:29 am
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by og
Looks like an easy straight 15 minute walk down "World Way" and onto "W Century Blvd" - can you comment on the safety and sidewalk / intersection quality for the walk?

I generally prefer hotels I can walk to comfortably and love the hotels around SEA (seattle) and YYZ (toronto) for this reason. DCA isn't a bad walk to nearby hotels, but it's not short.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.