Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza (LAX)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: NZ
I am looking at the CP LAX for an overnight stay en route to ORD in April. I arrive from SYD at 6.00am, so very early. Are they strict about the check-in time or are they flexibile in this respect? I don't particularly want to book an extra night to guarantee the early check-in. I am a Platinum Elite member.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Looking at dummy reservations for a better credit card offer, Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport Select Room page, saw the following message:
As of December 1, 2020, this hotel will no longer be an IHG-branded hotel. For questions, please call 1-800-621-0555. We look forward to seeing you at one of our IHG properties soon.
Anyone know the future of this hotel?
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Looking at dummy reservations for a better credit card offer, Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport Select Room page, saw the following message: Anyone know the future of this hotel?
This is part of the 103 hotels in the U.S. that IHG has lost due to some non payments of minimum rents.. They will be rebranded as Sonesta. A shame, the CP was an acceptable property.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
This is part ...
Thank you, didn't know any of that.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Looking at dummy reservations for a better credit card offer, Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport Select Room page, saw the following message: Anyone know the future of this hotel?
It'll become Sonesta. Real shame, I'll miss this hotel as I've been staying here for a good 15 years. RIP!
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:06 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It was a decent and convenient IHG option near the LAX terminals, yes. Otherwise rather unremarkable in my book from rooms to staff to service, not awesome, but also not terrible. But then most LAX hotels are rather depressing anyways. YMMV.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by demue
It was a decent and convenient IHG option near the LAX terminals, yes. Otherwise rather unremarkable in my book from rooms to staff to service, not awesome, but also not terrible. But then most LAX hotels are rather depressing anyways. YMMV.
The best ones remaining are IMHO

1. Hyatt Regency LAX
2. Sheraton LAX
3. Renaissance LAX
4. Hilton LAX
5. Four Points (if you can get a suite)
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Only stayed at HR and Hilton apart from the CP and yes, I'd go for the Hyatt as well. Also Hyatt has treated me the fairest and most generous so far in this whole mess we are in so they get my loyalty token of appreciation if there is a good option around .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.