Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza (LAX)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm pretty sure they shuttles run every 20 minutes. And I would never consider walking even without bags.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Crowne Plaza (LAX)

Ok, thanks you two. I've got a 6:45a flight out of there next week and just wanted to make sure shuttles were frequent. What do yo think, Be at the hotel shuttle pickup by 4:30-5:00?
Old May 19, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Any recent Platinum stays at this property? In particular, curious if any benefits would be extended when using points. Thanks!
Old May 19, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Any recent Platinum stays at this property? In particular, curious if any benefits would be extended when using points. Thanks!
I've always had upgraded rooms, if available, and definitely lounge access.
Old May 19, 2016, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I've always had upgraded rooms, if available, and definitely lounge access.
Thanks. I normally stay at the Hilton but really want to give this location a try. I will report back if I stay here this weekend.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'm not sure for the Crowne Plaza but most LAX airport hotels I've stayed at the shuttle to airport is every half hour.
The Crowne Plaza doesn't use the shared shuttle bus program (every 15 minutes) that many of the Century Boulevard hotels use because they share shuttles with a parking structure next door at the Airport Center office building. Those shuttles run every 10-15 minutes.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
They run a continuous shuttle of their own every 15 - 20 minutes or so; they used to share it with another nearby hotel, but not any longer.

One thing I did want to mention about this property, which I've learned to my misfortune this morning, is that they are targeted by union organizers many days at 7 a.m. with bullhorns and loud chanting for an hour.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:07 am

So I did end up staying here this weekend and so fare like it MUCH better than the Hilton where I have always stayed in the past. Very modern, friendly staff and great benefits even on award stay. Definitely a new favorite place to stay at LAX.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tony, the lounge guy, is amazing. When I was there this week, a patron asked him if there were a microwave available, to which he responded that he didn't have one in the lounge. He ended up taking her stuff all the way downstairs to the kitchen, heating it up himself, and bringing it back, so that she could have it with her drinks. He seemed almost hurt that I declined another drink when he came through at last call.
Old May 22, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
So I did end up staying here this weekend and so fare like it MUCH better than the Hilton where I have always stayed in the past. Very modern, friendly staff and great benefits even on award stay. Definitely a new favorite place to stay at LAX.
Did you get Club access? Free drinks?
Old May 22, 2016, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's free soft drinks. Tony might be a great guy, but the lounge is nothing to write home about. I never even bother with it unless I want a Coke or something. The food quality is very poor and I'd rather eat in the airport lounge or on the plane assuming I'm in a premium cabin.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was just there. Free beer and wine, granted it's "bottom shelf" offerings (Bud, etc.). The hot dish the night I was there with chicken tenders in barbecue sauce; there were also chips and salsa, cheese and crackers, and vegetables with ranch dressing on the side.

Breakfast the next day was some sort of open-face McMuffin as the hot item, along with cold cereal, oatmeal and muffins/ pastries/ toast. There may have been some sort of fresh fruit, which I didn't notice.
Old May 23, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I'm a fan of the Hilton simply because of the great runway views. I'm flying back through LAX in a few months and was thinking of booking here to burn some points. How do the runway views compare?
Old May 23, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I'm a fan of the Hilton simply because of the great runway views. I'm flying back through LAX in a few months and was thinking of booking here to burn some points. How do the runway views compare?
All those tall hotels on Century have good runway views on the upper floors. The best is a Jacuzzi suite at the Westin because you have those great views out in the open air.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
As Stimpy mentioned I would think all the Century Blvd hotels have a pretty good view particularly on the higher floors. I was facing Century Blvd which doesnt have the best view but I walked over to In-N-Out for my views so I was good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.