Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza (LAX)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Stay Report: LAX Crowne Plaza

Checked in and lines were long and the front desk was understaffed. Staff seem demoralized (was about to find out why). First room offered was 704, stayed 1 night in this room. While looking around for the safe (there aren't any?) found some underwear in the drawer of the dresser. Upon looking more closely the room itself was for the most part in disrepair. Carpets were stained and grimy, TV was very old. Bathroom fixtures were worn etc. The A.C. unit was noisy....which if shut off allowed more noise from the airport and street below in. Problem was that the windows were not thick enough to block the noise (this in comparison to stays at the Sheraton and Westin nearby a week and 2 weeks previous). Got up in the morning and went to the front desk and asked for another room. This room on a higher floor (1106) was more or less the same except that there was a bag with deodorizing spray, earplugs, and eye mask on the bed. The smell was that of an old smoking lounge.....Anyway stayed in this room and used the earplugs to block some of the sound from outside. To make a longer story short I checked out early.....Upon check-out the front desk asked why I was leaving.....I responded that I couldn't stand it anymore....they seemed to understand but offered no compensation of any sort ! This hotel is not worth even the $65 P.N. on a Priceline winning (losing?) bid !!!!! Do not stay here until it is completely gutted and brought up to 3* standards!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Just got back from a stay here and was shocked at how nice the room was. I had stayed here under a priceline rate a few months back and was given a dark, grimy, bad motel-esque room with really outdated furniture and bad plumbing.

This time I booked a flexible rate with best internet guarantee under my Gold status. I didn't get any benefits like lounge access or free breakfast, but the room was great, super clean, updated contemporary furniture and quiet. Wow, what a drastic difference! I would definitely stay here again if they give me a similar room.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
We are excited to announce that we will begin our full room renovation this fall of 2010. This will include all new furniture, carpet, beds, high definition flat screen tv's, and new bathrooms. This project is so big we anticipate it will continue throughout 2011
Source: Priority Club
Old Jan 21, 2011, 2:29 pm
TYZ

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, National Exec
Stayed there the middle of December and had one of the recently renovated rooms. Nice flat panel TV with a multitude of auxiliary inputs to hookup a laptop, phone, or I attached my PSP to watch a movie. Cool stuff.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 2:46 pm

Does anyone have recent experience getting access to the club lounge at this property as a Platinum? On another thread someone mentioned that they were given access to the lounge, but had to specifically ask for it at check-in.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by volkswankin
Does anyone have recent experience getting access to the club lounge at this property as a Platinum? On another thread someone mentioned that they were given access to the lounge, but had to specifically ask for it at check-in.
I have always received a club room upgrade at this hotel--even when I booked a low entertainment card rate of $65.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Spent a night here last week -- all rooms have now been completely renovated, very modern-looking. That "new stuff" smell is still in the rooms (we were moved twice) from new carpets, paint, etc. I'm not a fan of the new decor, but I'm sure many will like it.

The hotel is now completely non-smoking and they do not make any convenient accomodation for smokers outside -- one must walk around a corner or down the block -- though the concierge whispered that smokers have been using the small landings at the stairwell exits (which are open-air) without any problem.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:20 pm

I just stayed here as Platinum on an advance purchase rate booked on priorityclub.com. They upgraded me to the executive floor (unfortunately that floor has not been updated yet), which obviously gave me access to the executive lounge. At check in I also received a voucher for a complimentary beverage of house wine, domestic beer, or any Starbucks coffee at the Brasserie Restaurant & Bar.

The executive lounge is small, but the host is fantastic. Wine and beer were both complimentary. They had a chicken pasta as the appetizer along with a vegetable platter and chips and salsa. The host was super friendly and attentive and even served me another drink even before I was done with my current one. My friend and I had a blast chatting with a couple on their way to Hawaii and watching the baseball game. I was so pleased with the service that I extended my stay for another night.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by IrisT
I have always received a club room upgrade at this hotel--even when I booked a low entertainment card rate of $65.
Don't recall Club upgrade last time I was hear last fall. Will be back late next month so hope my experience is less like QSG and more like that of the last couple of posters.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Don't recall Club upgrade last time I was hear last fall. Will be back late next month so hope my experience is less like QSG and more like that of the last couple of posters.
I have stayed there three times, and there has always been a club floor with lounge. The last time I stayed there was more than 6 months ago though. If I recall correctly, there were snacks in the lounge and not complimentary (alcoholic) beverages, because I remember receiving a beverage coupon also, which I used at the main floor lounge. I never thought it was a very nice CP; however, it fit my needs at the time of my stays.

I see volkswankin has stayed there more recently than me, and received beer and wine in the lounge--sounds like a great improvement!
Old May 3, 2012, 7:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Just had a 1 night stay here before a flight. I was pretty pleased with the whole stay. The rooms were nicely decorated, bathrooms were new and clean. I got a free drink, internet and breakfast through a combination of my rate and by virtue of being Gold. Overall I would definately stay here again.

aks120
Old May 15, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Avis First, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AS
Do they charge for parking? How much? Have any platinums or golds had this waived for them?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Are there any recent experiences, if there is still a club level upgrade for Platinums?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I have just stayed here again as a Platinum Ambassador. Another great stay.

I was upgraded to the Executive floor - however it was the weekend and so it was closed but the rooms were lovely and we got to have the buffet breakfast, internet and 2 free drinks because I was Platinum.

The welcome was very friendly and I felt like a long lost friend, despite only staying here once before.

I have now stayed at the CP LAX, the CP Beverly Hills and the IC Century City within the last 3 months - with a car, I would pick the CP LAX over the other 2 without a doubt. It is far more modern and friendlier than the other 2.

A great option for Los Angeles.

aks120
Old Feb 26, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by aks120
I have just stayed here again as a Platinum Ambassador. Another great stay.

I was upgraded to the Executive floor - however it was the weekend and so it was closed but the rooms were lovely and we got to have the buffet breakfast, internet and 2 free drinks because I was Platinum.

The welcome was very friendly and I felt like a long lost friend, despite only staying here once before.

I have now stayed at the CP LAX, the CP Beverly Hills and the IC Century City within the last 3 months - with a car, I would pick the CP LAX over the other 2 without a doubt. It is far more modern and friendlier than the other 2.

A great option for Los Angeles.

aks120

I'll agree. As a Platinum, put on the top floor, good view, full access to lounge, pretty good food too! I felt well taken care of for a good price. One thing to note, I don't think the windows are very soundproof at all and the plane noise was extremely loud. For that, I would probably stay at a hotel further away from the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.