Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (Early check in unavailable). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (Late check out unavailable but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool. and The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
4 people fit easily in a Taxi, 3 in the back, 1 in the front. But depending how much luggage you have it might not fit in the trunk.
Some drivers (and cars) in Hong Kong allow up to 5 passengers (2 in the front). So a family of 4 should not have problems fitting in one car.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:02 pm

Indeed the taxis with 5 seats say so on the side - the others (older taxis I think ) say 4 seats.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
Is the closure of the Avenue of Stars having any impact on the views from the hotel so far?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Will be at both IC GS (1n) and IC HK (2n) next week arriving HKIA circa 18:00

Thinking of the $33 A21 70minute bus from Airport to ICGS for arrival , are there better options eg is train AE train to central and MRT worth it. Bus seems ok option as stops very near ICs and just have one medium rolling suitcase and seems like bus runs every 15minutes not hourly

Also plan after my ICGS first night to simply walk the 800m to ICHK for RA 08:00 early checkin unless advised not to by any FTers here with the ICHK knowledge I lack

Is taking A21 back to airport for my 14:00 Friday flight from IGHK sensible idea?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Also plan after my ICGS first night to simply walk the 800m to ICHK for RA 08:00 early checkin unless advised not to by any FTers here with the ICHK knowledge I lack
On one hand the ICHK will tell you that they prefer that you notify them in advance of an early RA arrival so they can best prepare for your visit. On the other hand I got my best ever upgrade by just showing up at 9am. YMMV.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
On one hand the ICHK will tell you that they prefer that you notify them in advance of an early RA arrival so they can best prepare for your visit. On the other hand I got my best ever upgrade by just showing up at 9am. YMMV.
Thx, good game plan, I will not advise ICHK that I will checkin at 8am, if telling ICHK upfront results in a lesser room type.

Currently I am playing the upgrade wait game with ICHK as I booked a paid "INTERCONTINENTAL DELUXE HARBOUR VIEW RM" which was modified by just 1-level to "Deluxe J/S" which is a small minimum upgrade (is unsatisfactory to me) and which I am also aware is
A) Same 1-level upgrade "non-RA" Ambassador would be upgraded too
B) Dlx JS is also apparently room RA currently get upgraded to when booking cheapest entry level room , 3-levels down from room I reserved and which is also HK$900 ++ less per night
Old Nov 16, 2015, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It all depends on how busy they are. Worst case is you get put in an entry level room until later in the day when your junior suite is ready.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Thx, good game plan, I will not advise ICHK that I will checkin at 8am, if telling ICHK upfront results in a lesser room type.

Currently I am playing the upgrade wait game with ICHK as I booked a paid "INTERCONTINENTAL DELUXE HARBOUR VIEW RM" which was modified by just 1-level to "Deluxe J/S" which is a small minimum upgrade (is unsatisfactory to me) and which I am also aware is
A) Same 1-level upgrade "non-RA" Ambassador would be upgraded too
B) Dlx JS is also apparently room RA currently get upgraded to when booking cheapest entry level room , 3-levels down from room I reserved and which is also HK$900 ++ less per night
What's the problem with the Deluxe Junior Suite? This upgrade policy is already mentioned by many people. You should have been booking the INTERCONTINENTAL HARBOUR VIEW RM. You will receive the Deluxe Junior suite with lower price.

I never "playing" the upgrade negotiation. We should be a good guests/residents. Then, hotel will offer you good upgrade.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Raynyan
What's the problem with the Deluxe Junior Suite? This upgrade policy is already mentioned by many people. You should have been booking the INTERCONTINENTAL HARBOUR VIEW RM. You will receive the Deluxe Junior suite with lower price.

I never "playing" the upgrade negotiation. We should be a good guests/residents. Then, hotel will offer you good upgrade.
I never mentioned anything about negotiating with ICHK before/during checkin, just that only a 1-level early modify is showing so I am still hoping for better upgrade come checkin.

As someone who doesn't stay here in Hong Kong for years, I am disadvantage when booking at IC HK, but I had picked up posts mentioning change in RA treatment for the better, from I think April2014.

I knew ICHK is the better IC of the two, hence booking my short night at the cheaper ICGS on flight arrival then switching to ICHK morning.

I missed the parts of posts earlier in this thread saying ICHK
o ICHK do not upgrade beyond their Junior Suite
o RA's should book 2-levels below Dlx JS (a hk$500 ++ lower rate )
o ICHK refund the rate difference between Dlx Harbour View and Harbour View to RAs unaware of the current ICHK upgrade policy to no higher than JS

I will need to read back down this thread, but from what you just posted I will most likely receive a 1-level room rate refund if as you expect, I get just 1-level up to a JS

Many RAs book Exec rooms at IC's which often have next room categories of J/Suite followed by Suite when the hotel has no club room types/rates between exec and j/s.

nb
Just like i know at IC Amstel to book only a basic room, as RA always get 3-level boost to Exec Suite , but if book J/Suite or Exec Suite, Amstel policy is no further upgrade beyond Exec Suite is given.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Will be at both IC GS (1n) and IC HK (2n) next week arriving HKIA circa 18:00

Thinking of the $33 A21 70minute bus from Airport to ICGS for arrival , are there better options eg is train AE train to central and MRT worth it. Bus seems ok option as stops very near ICs and just have one medium rolling suitcase and seems like bus runs every 15minutes not hourly

Is taking A21 back to airport for my 14:00 Friday flight from IGHK sensible idea?
AE train to Kowloon Station then free shuttle bus to ICGS is pretty convenient. If you'll be using the MTR during your stay, you can get an AE Visitor Pass that combines one-way or RT AE with 3 day MTR pass for $220/$300 HKD (~$29/$39 USD). For the return to HKG you can take a taxi from ICHK to Kowloon Station for $30-$40 HKD, check-in and drop your bag at Kowloon Station with the airline and have a nice ride on the AE.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by flymonthly
AE train to Kowloon Station then free shuttle bus to ICGS is pretty convenient. If you'll be using the MTR during your stay, you can get an AE Visitor Pass that combines one-way or RT AE with 3 day MTR pass for $220/$300 HKD (~$29/$39 USD). For the return to HKG you can take a taxi from ICHK to Kowloon Station for $30-$40 HKD, check-in and drop your bag at Kowloon Station with the airline and have a nice ride on the AE.
Thx

Just finished my research - The Airport Express runs every 10 minutes from 05:50 to 01:15 daily. Journeys between the Airport and downtown Hong Kong take approximately 24 minutes,....

AE followed by free hotel shuttle sounds a better option than the A** public 75minute bus journey to me
(or "Airport Hotelink Limo Services Ltd's" similar but costlier ($130) Airport Hotel Bus option)

1. HKIA AE info URL link for others
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/t...t-express.html

and external link with some further info(eg which hotel bus for which hotel)
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/city...ng/airport.htm
(with links to eg)
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/city...ir-express.htm
and
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/city...r-express2.htm
and
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/city...otel-coach.htm

Guide mentions K3 is hotel bus from Kowloon Station to Grand Stanford

Last edited by scubaccr; Nov 18, 2015 at 10:52 pm
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Hey all - have a 3 night stay coming up in Hong Kong. I also have a 1 free night cert which is available for one of the 3 nights I'm in HK (would give me a $650 redemption value for the base room). However the other two nights only Junior Suite left with cash rates over $800 per night (pricing this out of my modest budget). So question is... if you were me... would you stay Hong Kong side for 2 nights, then switch hotels to IC for final night? I'm just IHG plat. Not sure what benefits I'd receive - and assume I may not even get a view room. What would you suggest?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat Amb
HK IC very enjoyable stay

First, to TravelinSperry, I had the second night free AMB cert that I used at the IC, but was there three nights, so stayed at the SoHo Holiday Inn Express the first night. It was much less expensive, but small as expected and as Plat, I booked cheapest but was moved to Harbor view. So if cost is a big consideration, maybe a different property for the couple nights.

For the IC, I booked the deluxe harbor view room and was upgraded to the Jr Suite, but I'm sure that was because of being Ambassador. Don't think you'll get an upgrade even if you were Amb since you're using free night. I heard they are somewhat tight at this specific hotel. And generally regular IHG status doesn't mean much at any IC.

I had a wonderful time there though. I loved the separate Amb desk left of check-in. Got treated very well. The lounge was quite expensive, but got a 30% Amb discount, still expensive. I drank a lot of their very good champagne to make up for it. I had heard about some Jr Suites in the corners that didn't have as nice a view as the middle ones, so while at the Amb check-in desk, I asked for as nice a view and she could give me and she put me in an Exec Suite (two level upgrade) which was a super nice unexpected treat. It was one room, but super big. And an amazing view. The bathroom was something else too. I don't think this is typical, but I'm very happy with the additional upgrade. The food in the lounge was top notch, and their breakfast was one of the best I've had. The happy hour was very nice, wish it was longer. I admit I don't do this a lot and was a rare treat, so some may not be as impressed.

I'm sure the Jr suite is really nice too. I tried to see one, but it didn't work out. Overall, very nice hotel, very good service, was treated very well, and the lounge was very good. I guess that is what spending more does for you. I almost stayed at the Grand Stanford and I'm glad I didn't.

I don't think you'll have the same experience without the upgrades though, but the hotel was nice, service was very good, well located, the pool and workout area were awesome (noise wasn't too bad, and I went in at night anyway), overall a nice hotel experience. But then for a hotel like that, you have to want the hotel experience otherwise it's just not worth the money. In my opinion. Not that I didn't enjoy wandering around Hong Kong too.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Thx

Just finished my research - The Airport Express runs every 10 minutes from 05:50 to 01:15 daily. Journeys between the Airport and downtown Hong Kong take approximately 24 minutes,....

AE followed by free hotel shuttle sounds a better option than the A** public 75minute bus journey to me
(or "Airport Hotelink Limo Services Ltd's" similar but costlier ($130) Airport Hotel Bus option)

1. HKIA AE info URL link for others
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/t...t-express.html

and external link with some further info(eg which hotel bus for which hotel)
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/city...ng/airport.htm
(with links to eg)
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/city...ir-express.htm
and
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/city...r-express2.htm
and
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/city...otel-coach.htm

Guide mentions K3 is hotel bus from Kowloon Station to Grand Stanford
It looks like there is a free AE shuttle bus that goes to the Sheraton / East Tsim Sha Tsui station across the street from the IC Hong Kong. Is that too far to walk?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
It looks like there is a free AE shuttle bus that goes to the Sheraton / East Tsim Sha Tsui station across the street from the IC Hong Kong. Is that too far to walk?
It's less than a 10 minute walk, but depending on the weather and how much luggage you have, may not be very pleasant. If you do walk, I'd recommend going underground through the MTR station. I think you would enter at the L1 exit and come up at the exit (J?) for the Intercontinental. There is a/c in the station walkways which makes it more pleasant than the normal 75-85+% humidity above ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.