Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Obviously applies to anyone of any status or zero status even, who is actually booking that room category band (or higher) in the first place. Free Transfer is perk of booking the room category

If you don't book that room rate upfront then you don't get the perk, simples.
I booked a Deluxe Junior Suite which was upgraded to an Executive suite. I emailed them about the free transfer and they said that they don't do that. They did offer a Mercedes limo transfer for $900 HKD + 10% service charge one way.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I booked a Deluxe Junior Suite which was upgraded to an Executive suite. I emailed them about the free transfer and they said that they don't do that. They did offer a Mercedes limo transfer for $900 HKD + 10% service charge one way.
I have the rate cards from IC HK, and the card mentions rhe transfer.

Maybe I can dig card out copy it and put a jpeg here a bit later.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:02 pm
KRS

Trying to figure out the best room category to book as an Ambassador, and interested in having a harbour view. Will "SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE POOL VIEW" typically be upgraded to "DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE"?

We could go for lower category, but considering the "COMPLIMENTARY CLUB" rate (HKD3600) which is only for "(...)DELUXE HARBOURVIEW ROOM OR ABOVE(...)"

On the other hand we don't need a flexible rate, and the comparable prepaid rate for "SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE POOL VIEW" is HKD2617 so in effect it is HKD1000 for the Club access.

I assume the upgrade from "INTERCONTINENTAL DELUXE HARBOUR VIEW RM" is to the "SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE POOL VIEW", but I guess it is possible to decline this upgrade if the harbour view is important?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by KRS
Trying to figure out the best room category to book as an Ambassador, and interested in having a harbour view. Will "SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE POOL VIEW" typically be upgraded to "DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE"?

We could go for lower category, but considering the "COMPLIMENTARY CLUB" rate (HKD3600) which is only for "(...)DELUXE HARBOURVIEW ROOM OR ABOVE(...)"

On the other hand we don't need a flexible rate, and the comparable prepaid rate for "SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE POOL VIEW" is HKD2617 so in effect it is HKD1000 for the Club access.

I assume the upgrade from "INTERCONTINENTAL DELUXE HARBOUR VIEW RM" is to the "SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE POOL VIEW", but I guess it is possible to decline this upgrade if the harbour view is important?
I really suggest you email ICHK to ask what intended Ambassador upgrade is from Dlx HV room type, since Sup JS room type was only added as bookable online 1-month ago. Previousl Sup JS was only used for RA/Amb upgrade paths.
Previously when no Sup JS room type was bookable , then for an Ambassador booking Dlx HV, ICHKs intent was to upgrade to Dlx JS (and if not enough available use Sup JS instead)

Note
a)Flex Rate difference Dlx HV to Sup JS is only a small hk$200++ whereas Dlx HV to Dlx JS was a large hk$2300++
b)On the plus side for ambassadors now paying hk$200++ extra for Sup JS type guarantees the Dlx JS, which although intended Amb upgrade from Dlx HV sometimes dropped to Sup JS.
But why pay the extra hk200++ if you don't need to.
c)On negative side , If a 7+ night stay then £30++/night starts to really add up !

1. Until 6-8weeks ago , the Superior JS was never listed to be booked online and was only used for 2-upgrade purposes (mainly for RAs, and backstop for Ambs if Amb unlucky)
a)RA's booking the entry level room on either paid or award nights
b)Ambassadors booking Deluxe HV where ICHK stated intent is 1cat up to next bookable room type of Dlx JS, when not enough Deluxe JS rooms after allocating for Paid and RA upgrades, then Amb is unluckily given a Sup JS instead

2. So now that bookable room listing has changed

from
Harbour View (Amb upgrade = Dlx HV)
Deluxe Harbour View (Amb upgrade intent = Dlx JS (if unlucky just a Sup JS)
Deluxe JS (Amb upgrade = Exec Suite)
Exec Suite (Amb upgrade = Deluxe Suite)
Deluxe Suite (No upgrade from this room type)

to
Harbour View (Amb upgrade = Dlx HV)
Deluxe Harbour View (Amb upgrade intent = ?? , is it now Sup JS intent instead of Dlx JS intent?)
Superior JS (No idea of AMB/RA upgrades as not for sale before)
Deluxe JS (Amb upgrade = Exec Suite)
Exec Suite (Amb upgrade = Deluxe Suite)
Deluxe Suite (No upgrade from this room type)

Last edited by scubaccr; Jun 29, 2016 at 11:21 pm
Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm confused. Has there been a change for RA upgrades? What does Harbor View upgrade to now as RA?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm confused. Has there been a change for RA upgrades? What does Harbor View upgrade to now as RA?
I can't see that ICHK adding previously unbookable upgrade category room of Superior JS as a bookable room category will affect the known Royal Ambassadors upgrade path

Since RAs get upgraded to Sup JS from a basic room I don't expect HV upgrade to change. I simply don't see RA who books a higher category higher rate HV suddenly getting 2-cat HV->DLX HV->Sup JS which would be same as entry level room, instead of our usual HV->DLX HV -> DELUXE JS
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by KRS

I inquired about a booking next March. I asked about booking Deluxe Harbour View room and the hotel replied that Ambassador upgrade would be to Deluxe Jr. Suite Harbour View.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:18 am

As an aside...I contacted the hotel about room for 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids) and day rate. Response was:

1) They can accommodate 4 guests, in a Suite. Jr. Deluxe Suite they would roll in one bed (i.e. smallest kid needs to share with parents King) and Executive Suite they would roll in 2 beds.
2) The response on day rate wasn't positive. They just said book the full rate.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:00 am
KRS

Originally Posted by KRS
Trying to figure out the best room category to book as an Ambassador, and interested in having a harbour view(...)
Originally Posted by scubaccr
I really suggest you email ICHK to ask what intended Ambassador upgrade is from Dlx HV room type, since Sup JS room type was only added as bookable online 1-month ago. Previousl Sup JS was only used for RA/Amb upgrade paths.
Previously when no Sup JS room type was bookable , then for an Ambassador booking Dlx HV, ICHKs intent was to upgrade to Dlx JS (and if not enough available use Sup JS instead)
(...)
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
I inquired about a booking next March. I asked about booking Deluxe Harbour View room and the hotel replied that Ambassador upgrade would be to Deluxe Jr. Suite Harbour View.
I received the following from the hotel after I asked what the Ambassador upgrade would be for:
INTERCONTINENTAL HARBOUR VIEW ROOM
INTERCONTINENTAL DELUXE HARBOUR VIEW RM
SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE POOL VIEW

Maybe my reading comprehension is not good but I thought this was a very confusing answer...

(...)
Valuing with your Gold Ambassador membership, we are delighted to arrange the instant upgrade to next category as listed below:
  1. Deluxe Suite with Harbourview (One living room, one bed room, approximately 1,130 sq ft)
  2. Executive Suite with Full Harbourview (Studio Suite, approximately 750 sq ft)
  3. Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbourview (Studio Suite, approximately 550 sq ft)
  4. Superior Junior Suite (Studio Suite / non Harbourview, approximately 525 sq ft)
  5. InterContinental Deluxe Harbourview Room (approximately 450 sq ft)
  6. InterContinental Harbourview Room (approximately 350 sq ft)
  7. InterContinental Deluxe Room (approximately 425 sq ft)
Currently, your arranged booking in <Month Year> is upgraded from Deluxe Harbourview room to Deluxe Junior Suite as per your valued Ambassador membership.
(...)
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by KRS
I received the following from the hotel after I asked what the Ambassador upgrade would be for:
INTERCONTINENTAL HARBOUR VIEW ROOM
INTERCONTINENTAL DELUXE HARBOUR VIEW RM
SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE POOL VIEW

Maybe my reading comprehension is not good but I thought this was a very confusing answer...
Looks like previous status-quo is being maintained. For ICHK room upgrade path the previously non-bookable Superior JS is ignored (unless you have booked it)

As an Ambassador a 1-Cat upgrade is applied on paid nights.

Deluxe -> Harbour View
Harbour View -> Deluxe Harbour View
Deluxe HV -> Deluxe JS (note 1)
Superior JS -> Deluxe JS
Deluxe JS -> Exec Suite
Exec Suite -> Deluxe Suite
Deluxe Suite -> No upgrade Given

(note 1) For an Ambassador although intent is Dlx HV -> Dlx JS upgrade, if not enough Dlx JS rooms available then Ambassador may instead receive Dlx HV -> Sup JS
dagangwood likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Hmm. Last time I stayed on points, I had the superior JS with harbour view; but now they auto upgraded me into the pool view. Let's see if I can negotiate something on arrival. Anyone know if the pool view superior JS is the one with Ferragamo amenities?

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Jul 8, 2016 at 6:57 pm
Old Jul 8, 2016, 6:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Hmm. Last time I stayed on points, I had the superior JS with harbour view; but now they auto upgraded me into the pool view. Let's see if I can negotiate something on arrival. Anyone know if the pool view superior JS is the one with Ferragamo amenities?
Replying to my own post. If this is called "pool view" then either they need to fire their marketing people or we have a different definition of "pool".

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Jul 8, 2016 at 7:04 pm
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Replying to my own post. If this is called "pool view" then either they need to fire their marketing people or we have a different definition of "pool".

That is a humongous pool!
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador

They will soon change the room name to "Superior Junior Suite Partial Harbour View".

I'll go to there next weekend.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:04 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I am at the IC HK right now and they screwed up my room by giving me a smoking executive suite because they said I didn't have a preference selected even though I did. Since I refuse to stay in a smoking room and they don't have any non smoking suites available tonight, I am staying in a superior harbor view room. They will switch me to a non smoking executive suite tomorrow and adjust my price. The fruit basket was a pear, apple, orange, and a banana. No chocolates or ambassador gift. I immediately pointed this out and they sent up a much better fruit basket, chocolates, and the ambassador gift. The room and service overall has been good. Just annoyed by the room snafu and taking an hour before I was able to settle in. Of course I can't really unpack since I will be switching rooms tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.